Author Topic: Litter RE Training  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Litter RE Training
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 19:21:34 PM »
It could have started as a territorial thing, someone she didnt like the look of could have been hanging about upsetting her, toms know when theres a queen in heat indoors

Offline CookieDough

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 19:16:32 PM »
It started before her vet trip.. I'm going to see what they pet store as tomorrow

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 19:08:56 PM »
Personally i find that white catsan awful, extremely poor odour control :sick: try a similar gravel size or an ultra fine clay. Sometimes they just take a dislike to something so worth trying a second tray with different litter as an alternative.
Did this start before/after her vet trip?

Offline CookieDough

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 12:44:55 PM »
I think so yes.. I was going to try the wood pellets.. But its a big change from the gravel catsan stuff... Also I was speaking to a lady at the vets last week when Cookie got spayed, She said to use small animal sawdust, She said she swears by it.. I don't know though.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 19:49:43 PM »
Is it that white so called hygeine stuff?

Offline CookieDough

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 19:06:26 PM »
Thanks!

That seems like a good idea!

I use Catsan BTW has litter, & she as a big litter tray

Offline angel-77

• Senior Cat
  • Tia & Oscar
  • Slave to: Tia (Tee'bo) & Oscar (Oscardoodles)
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 19:22:05 PM »
Hi, welcome to the best forum ever!!!

Can you try the tray in a totally different place, wash the area where it was in a biological cleaner (breaks down the enzymes that makes the smell)  so she wont smell herself there.

Start afresh as if she was a new cat in a new place, introduce her to the 'new' toilet area and keep putting her in it until she gets the message!!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 18:47:09 PM »
What litter do you give her? How long did you leave the extra tray down?

Offline CookieDough

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 10:21:07 AM »
Yes it is a difficult one. Weird thing is that she will close to the tray but intentionally not going in the tray so she will go about 1 foot, 2 foot away

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 00:47:35 AM »
This is a hard one cos we would usually recommend having two trays.

So like you I am at a bit of a loss, sorry

However there are of peeps who may come up with an idea, just to say I think something has upset her, wonder if a covered tray may help?

I am going to move this post to the right section where more may see it,  ;D

:welcome: to Purrs as well.

Offline CookieDough

• Kitten
Litter RE Training
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 22:49:07 PM »
Hi, I'm new here but have always owned cat's since I remember but have never came across this problem before.

I have a 15 Month Ginger Tabby Moggie Female - She was perfectly litter trained & then suddenly stopped poo'ing in her tray & going next to it. I've tryed numerous things to help her to start using the tray again, I keep it clean at all times. When she has gone on the floor I place it in the tray to make her scent, She just covers it over & go on the floor. I have'nt changed the location or the litter, I've always used the same. I've even tryed using a different litter tray incase she wanted one for peeing & one for poo'ing but she just seemed to pee in both & still go on the floor.

I'm not really sure what else to do with this

I do have a male cat also but he never uses the litter tray - He has this weird fetish of that he must use the fields outside of our garden.. & will hold & hold it unless he's out there. The female is a indoor cat - She's never been outside so I dont think it a similair problem like him.

Can anyone advise what to do?

Link to CatChat