Author Topic: Drinking Fountains  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Pudding

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
Re: Drinking Fountains
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 10:40:07 AM »
Thanks guys. I have ordered the Pet supermarket one.  Judt have to wait and see now. BTW the deal was even better. No delivery charge on orders over £29 pluis 10)% discount for first order!    ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 12:07:20 PM »
£60 is the supposed RRP and Zooplus are a German company. They are the same thing

The Petsupermarket price I linked to is the cheapest you will find - I would grab it for that price while you can. In the unlikely event you will need them, you can also order spare parts for them as well.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Pudding

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 14:28:23 PM »
Okay, so I am now looking at the Drinkwell Platimun but Pet supermarket have it at £34.99 and a uk plu.
http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/products-Drinkwell-Platinum-Water-Fountain_CA3256.htm

and Zooplus have it at £59.99 with a German plug and adaptor
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_bowls_feeders/cat_fountains/146826

I'm confused.

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 11:03:49 AM »
I got mine for £17 from ebay as the person selling it said her cats wouldn't entertain it  :evillaugh:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 11:02:04 AM »
Hi Pudding there was a long conversation in the General Cat Chat section about these not so long ago if you want to take a look?

Personally and from the cats perspective this lot all love the catit fountain with the dome as it give them all options on where to drink from and keeps the water nice and clean and lovely and chilled.  Great especially coming into the summer heat!
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 16:43:19 PM »
I have 2 of the Drinkwell platinums. They are worth their weight in gold. One has been on constantly for 3 years or so. The other for about a year. I definitely think they encourage more drinking. I think the type that are like a running tap are the best. I bought Willow a catit one with a dome in the centre that the water runs over but she wouldn't use it. I gave it to Angela (pudding) and she has had equal success. I think it is worth paying the extra for the platinum version for a few reasons. It is quieter than the standard one, it has a transformer so only very low voltage, the fact that it has a huge reservoir and it also uses less power than the standard one. VetUK are the cheapest AFAIK. They occasionally have them 20% off - both of mine were bought at different times on offer. I think it worked out the same as buying a regular one at regular price  :evillaugh:

It is on special offer here for £35 - vetUK charge £40. The highest price I have seen is £60  :Crazy:
http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/products-Drinkwell-Platinum-Water-Fountain_CA3256.htm
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 20:13:06 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 13:41:50 PM »
I have a drinkwell and I bought it for Harry as he loves water, he still wants to use the bathroom tap and I dont even think he uses the drinkwell  :tired:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 13:23:09 PM »
I actually bought one yesterday for my two 

I know alot of peeps do recommend the Drinkwell one and others but I chose one we've had before which our cats loved and it's the Petmate, our Smokey hardly ever left it - He used to lay with his head on the side  :Luv:

Here's a photo of him....
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 13:34:22 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Pudding

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
Drinking Fountains
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 13:12:37 PM »
Can you give feed back on water fountains please? I'm after one for Lettuce and Zareth. Zareth is facinated by water but can't get to any taps etc so I'm after one that makes a suitable splashing noise mainly to keep him hapy but Lettuce can use it too  :). Not too expensive though, I'm currently thinking about the Drinkwell Cat Fountain, £34.90 at Zooplus right now.

Link to CatChat