Author Topic: MY CAT APRIL AS THE EARLY SIGNS OF ARTHRITAS  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: MY CAT APRIL AS THE EARLY SIGNS OF ARTHRITAS
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 20:59:21 PM »
Being an open area to guests, its probably safe to assume not everybody can use logic and common sense  :tired: accidents do happen as people exclaim "i didnt think", flea spot ons are a classic example, there are many people unaware of logic and the processes it involves :brick:

I get your point.  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 20:34:11 PM »
Being an open area to guests, its probably safe to assume not everybody can use logic and common sense  :tired: accidents do happen as people exclaim "i didnt think", flea spot ons are a classic example, there are many people unaware of logic and the processes it involves :brick:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 20:54:50 PM »

However i wouldnt reccomend buying dog versions and cutting up, it might be fine for some things BUT its a naughty habit to get in and as we all know habits are hard to break. Some dog versions are dangerous or even deadly to cats

In this case, it is just a larger amount of exactly the same product, which isn't a drug. I'm sure people can use common sense and not assume things are safe (or not)

I had even checked the manufacturers website which says the medium dog sachets contain 3g of product compared to 1g in the small dog/cat size sachet. I think if people check things, there is no problem with doing this. This is especially useful for people who may be on a tight budget and could make the difference between giving it to their cat or not. I would never advocate doing this with drugs unless a vet had approved it, however, glucosamine isn't a drug.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline lizzy stell

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 19:10:27 PM »
Thankyou for the advice,i have ordered some of them cat sachets as i don't want to risk dog ones as you say some dog things can kill cats i will give them a try and hope they help i will keep you posted thankyou. :thanks:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 17:03:59 PM »
Vet uk have a huge range of supplements to try for joints, some of the capsule ones can be sprinkled into food.

However i wouldnt reccomend buying dog versions and cutting up, it might be fine for some things BUT its a naughty habit to get in and as we all know habits are hard to break. Some dog versions are dangerous or even deadly to cats

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 09:26:08 AM »
I get sachets called Noractive from VetUK fo Alice. You just sprinkle them in the food and mix them in.
http://www.vetuk.co.uk/joint-supplements-noractive-plus-range-c-4_242/noractive-plus-sachets-for-cats-small-dogs-p-19

Under £5 for 30 sachets. (one a day)

I was thinking of buying the medium dog size as it only costs a little bit more but there is 3 x as much in each sachet. I was toying with the idea of dividing a sachet over 3 days but wondering if it is a bit fiddly.
http://www.vetuk.co.uk/joint-supplements-noractive-plus-range-c-4_242/noractive-plus-sachets-for-medium-dogs-p-86
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 09:31:53 AM by Mark »

Offline lizzy stell

• Adult Cat
MY CAT APRIL AS THE EARLY SIGNS OF ARTHRITAS
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 07:50:53 AM »
I recently took my 5 year old to the vets as she started getting nasty when cutting her nails on a certain foot,shes a typical naughty tortie and as always been grumpy when doing her nails,so off to the vets for them to battle with her oh and what a battle she hissed,spat and groweled they had to put a muzzle on her.
Any way the vet thinks shes got early signs of arthritas in her elbow im shocked as she doesn't limp but the vet said they don't always show any signs until cutting nails.
I was wondering is there anything i can put in her food liquid as she wont except tablets,just to help her joints i would appreciate any advice. :thanks:

Link to CatChat