Author Topic: Nibbling  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Nibbling
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 23:13:05 PM »
Try blowing in his face when he starts to nibble, it should shock him into stopping but he won't be frightened or associate anything negaitive with you as he may if you shouted.  It worked for my boys when they were babies.

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 22:45:31 PM »
Hmmm that might be it. I think he gets a little over enthusiastic with regards to play too!  :rofl:

This'll make you laugh. Last night I was lying on the sofa with a blanket over me watching the telly, when Tachi came and sat on the arm of the chair by my head. On seeing this Akamaru ran and pounced on the sofa, then on my face and then chased after Tachi. The problem is when he pounced on me, he put his paw straight into my right eye. As my hands were under the blanket I was too slow to stop him. lol. It was like a slow motion thing, I could see a paw coming towards me, but it was too late to do anything about it. Maybe I shouldn't moan about the nibbling!

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 00:33:23 AM »
Noah sometimes nips very slowly and very gently for attention, if he is on my lap but not getting stroked. Some cats also get petting aggression, I think there is a Purrs behaviour guide on aggression which includes this.
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 23:18:25 PM »
Sorry I can't help but you're not alone with this problem.  My foster Penny is exactly the same.  I've tried ignoring like the behaviour books say you should but its made no difference so far.  I shall watch this thread with interest.

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 22:39:09 PM »
To be honest a mixture of both. He normally starts off gently but can get a bit vicious.

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 00:34:17 AM »
Do you mean a gentle love-nibble or an ouch bite-nibble?
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
Nibbling
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 23:39:54 PM »
Akamaru has a habit of nibbling people. Mostly when he's having a stroke or if you try and take anything off him. Is there anything we can do to discourage his behaviour?

Link to CatChat