Author Topic: Volunteer - Designer wanted ...sorted thankyou!  (Read 3571 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Volunteer - Designer wanted ...sorted thankyou!
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 13:19:11 PM »
So glad I was of some help Angie and I do hope you get a lot of Santa's little helpers  ;)

Good Luck.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 13:09:05 PM »
Just to say thank you once more. The leaflets arrived this morning and our first colection day is on saturday - how fab is that!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 17:46:02 PM »
It looks great, the 1st page is much better too - still gets the point across but less wordy. Not sure if its too late but if not how about adding a QR code (one of those funny looking square barcodes that people scan with their smartphones) that will take people straight to the relevant weblinks.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Thanks once again to Helen, I have agreed a final version!
Thankyou to those that commented on FB and here. I did consider all comments.
I told them if they had space they could put there logo on and they have knocked £5 off the print price (which was good anyway!). So thankyou to Primitus Graphic Design!

« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 16:50:48 PM by Angie (covcats) »

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Thankyou - most of the wording changed. I wasn't happy with some of it and was going to rewrite so again! more thanks to Helen!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Sorry cant read the writing!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Can I have comments back please this evening so I can get a move on with printing!

my comments -

the big give - the word doubled should be in red
note to self also - web address changed

sorry to large to load can be seen on FB at

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=375985269140268&set=a.119857851419679.20656.119847124754085&type=1&theater

Looks very snazzy  ;D

Second poster, suggested changing to wording:

We have just been left an ideal property in a will.... We have just been left a property in a will that is an ideal base to create Coventry Cat Group's very own rescue centre. This is a unique opportunity to establish the house and it's grounds as a cat rescue centre, as per the wishes of the person who left Coventry Cat Group the house. The property had previously been used as a cattery so the setting is perfect but the pens are old and dilapidated and require complete renovation. Coventry does not currently have a cat rescue centre and such facilities are desperately needed.

Raising the funds needed is a big challenge and we need your help. As part of the Big Give Christmas challenge donations made online towards this project, from 10am Thursday 6th December 2012 - Wednesday 19th December 2012, will be matched by the Big Give challenge meaning our total raised will double!

Donations (from £5) can be made by credit or debit card here:
**link**

Followed by other blurb as it is (although maybe a line explaining what the difference between a pledge and a donation is on the bit about pledges being needed?

Suggested changes to page one:

Coventry Cat Group have been working hard for the last 20 years! Coventry Cat Group have been working hard to rescue and rehome the cats of Coventry for over 20 years now! **followed by blurb as it is***

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 10:36:36 AM by Tiggy's Mum, Reason: typo »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Not on FB BUT I clicked on the link and I saw the leaflet.  It looks very good Angie.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Can I have comments back please this evening so I can get a move on with printing!

my comments -

the big give - the word doubled should be in red
note to self also - web address changed

sorry to large to load can be seen on FB at

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=375985269140268&set=a.119857851419679.20656.119847124754085&type=1&theater

Offline bexter

• Adult Cat
  • Currently catless
Re: Volunteer - Designer wanted to design a double sided A5 leaflet for us
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 17:57:58 PM »
Looks like I'm too late for this! If anyone else needs any help with this sort of thing, I have quite a knack for design (Well, I should do as I studied it at uni)

Glad you got it sorted! :)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
My pleasure to help Angie.

Well timed there Helen - fantastic news.

Mary

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Thank you to Helen for winning a design-a-leaflet Ebay auction for us and Mary for producing a draft design....

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Sent you a PM offering my help Angie.

Mary

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Request on hold until midnight......

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
However, I've found that the fonts I've chosen don't always work on the recipient's computer for them to print out, making the leaflet, or whatever look entirely different on their computer.

You can get around this by converting the Word doc to a PDF (you need Adobe Writer for this - I can convert it if you don't have the software).

Angie, I'm more of a website designer than a print designer, but if you have a basic idea of what you want, I can give it a go. I have a good image editing sofware package if you want to add pics.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
I have the artistic and design skills of a gnat I'm afraid!  :-[ You could contact the local design college to see if any animal loving students would be interested in helping?

Also, with regards the Big Give and needing a 'backer' - I know the charities funds are extremely limited but would it be worth 'investing' in a professional fundraiser as a one off assignment to see if they can get someone on board?

I did drop an email to the local college and write on their arts and design FB page, No replies yet.

I did look at a prof. fundraiser that was mentioned on here and really baulked at the idea of paying someone over £500 for a days work. Maybe if they offer a no funding no fee deal.... (!).
Me bad.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
I have the artistic and design skills of a gnat I'm afraid!  :-[ You could contact the local design college to see if any animal loving students would be interested in helping?

Also, with regards the Big Give and needing a 'backer' - I know the charities funds are extremely limited but would it be worth 'investing' in a professional fundraiser as a one off assignment to see if they can get someone on board?

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
I have some basic knowledge of designing things on computer; I usually use Word for this. However, I've found that the fonts I've chosen don't always work on the recipient's computer for them to print out, making the leaflet, or whatever look entirely different on their computer.

If no professional designer comes forward, I'm willing to offer my services. I've designed birthday cards, homing leaflets of four pages, and a basic Word reference book (for personal use).

Just pm me if you need me.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Volunteer - Designer wanted ...sorted thankyou!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 16:50:48 PM »
On the scrounge as always.....

At the moment we have been unable to get anyone on board to back the Xmas challenge.
The fundraising promotional starts in September so we are running out of time and need to get some leaflets printed to hand out to promote us , the bungalow, the xmas challenge and the raffle tickets.

I was hoping to have got someone behind us by now so that they could be included on the leaflets we are preparing. The Xmas challenge will be going ahead without a backer (though at a reduced amount).

So, I either need to design something myself but preferably if someone has design knowledge they will make a better job of it....

anyone??
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 16:47:28 PM by Angie (covcats) »

Link to CatChat