Author Topic: The cat proofing is up - Lucas and Riley soon to be adventuring outside!  (Read 9268 times)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Thanks for posting the pix of your cat proofing Helen.  Mine will start to go up next Monday I am very excited but also nervous as Charlie is such an athlete.  Will let you know how we get on.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
We had carpet for the first year in the lower ground but it got so manky that we had an oak floor put in. I have to say, when you wipe your shoes on the turtle mat, It does stop footprints on the wood - not sure if a cat walking across would have the same effect but has to help?

You have to wash them in the machine without fabric conditioner to keep them absorbant. We have a JML one as well but it's not quite as good as the Turtle ones.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 15:49:32 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
that's what I've got, admittedly we don't have carpet but we don't get foot prints on the parquet!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
You might want to invest in some of these Turtle mats

http://www.turtlemat.co.uk/

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Oh yeah and the climbing poles :)

I got some 8ft octagon shaped fence poles from B&Q (in sale at the time) and the met posts to put in ground (also in sale)  Then got the green felt that they use to put into golf play runs . Very easy to attach with u shaped nails to the posts.  Put them near the walk ways and the lads use them all the time to climb up. Great exercise for their claw muscles.  I did use the sisal rope for one pole and it took ages to wind it and attach to the pole with the u nails and also was very expensive to buy. The green golfing felt is much easier and alot cheaper and actually works better for them to grip to than the sisal rope. I got 3 rolls in Lidle's for £4.99 each and covered all the tunnels wiith it too to make a green look rather than the grey shed roofing.

As long as anything high is directly under the fencing and as close to the fence as poss , it is safe to have high up things as they still can't climb up and over the netting. But i do have the arch system but it should still be ok with the staright system as it is wider.  ;D Just need to put the walk ways a little lower down to give the height to walk on.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 14:43:44 PM by Tan »

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Heyyyyyyyyy  :wow: Brill hun well done looks great.  Very very similar to our back garden hun when we started and we also have bad clay earth here and have always found it difficult to grown anything nice also the fact i am rubbish at gardening.  :evillaugh:

From doing ours i would say that the lads love the high up points and the tunnels and the climbing poles the best and run about them all the time. Some of the best plants to get are the grasses like Gillan says and we have one of those grasses in our at the back of the pond. Garfy loves to wrestle it.  :innocent: Lucky it's a strong plant and is doing well, just started to go green again :)
The other thing we have is the bamboo which can be brought from B&Q at a good price. we have 5 of them right by a high walk way  so they can go through a bushy part.  The only thing with the grasses is that they die down in winter so doesn't;t leave much then. We have got everygreen plants and the best ones are
The Fatsia Japonica 1st pic - Has fan type leaves where the lads can go under and hide
The two Phormium 2nd pic - long green or red stems - We have a red one and a green one.
The bamboo - at the back of the pond giving a background of green and also hiding the compost bin and side way to the back of the shed.
Small conifers - we have the mini column ones to frame the outside deck.
These are all the same in winter as in summer.

For the summer you can have
Buddleia   or Hebe's 3rd pic to attract butterflys - we have 3 hebe's that are small at mo as we planted them last summer. One of the hebe's Marl loves to jump into and it's still growing very well  :innocent: :-:
Cat mint of course ;D :evillaugh: That grows very very well in our soil and spreads fast. Has purple flowers so attracts bugs too.

We have an area of over grown grass and various plants surrounding the fish pond which we put in for the lads to watch the fish (but although Rio loved to, Marl and Garf don't seem to know what they are!   :shocked:)
They love the overgrown grass area to eat. 
We have to places whereit's just earth so they have a loo. But also have two large litter trays covered out there. Marl won't go in the earth to use the loo so uses the litter trays and Garf goes in the earth.  A Poo treasure hunt - ahhhh One of my fav pastime's :evillaugh: :rofl:  ;)

One thing they do really love is the high place on the top of the shed (we have a big one 10ft x 7ft high).  You can easily do the same thing. I built the wooden frame and put netting over it to make a netted box. Put extra netting from the cat fencing to the top of the frame on the shed and the whole area it safe.  We then had a section at the back of the shed where we put climbing poles, a outside sleeping hut and steps up to the shed roof.  All this can;t be seen from the front so handy to keep the garden looking nice.

The tunnels i made from putting together 3 box frames from wooden battons then screwing 8ft fence planks to them forming an 8ft wooden tunnel. I then covered the top with shed felt to make them waterproof and put these along the bottom of the fences. We have two 8ft tunnels and one very long one running at the back of the pond that has two upper tunnels.
The walk ways around the top of the fencing was very easy as these are basically just outside fencing panel and shelf brackets. The lads love these and gives them a diff perspective of the garden.  Mad dashes round the garden floor and then up all round the garden on the walk ways.  :evillaugh:

Ya all have seen pics of the garden so i won't bore ya all by posting them :) but just gives ya some ideas and what my lads love out there from their view.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 14:37:54 PM by Tan »

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Very impressive, what a brill job :wow: Hope the boys have lots of fun outside ;D

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
That looks fab Helen and what a brill job you have done, your babies will deffo have a brill time out there. :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
Hiya Swamps,

Jump on a train and get down to Peterborough if ya want to find Polish workers......they're camping out on the grass verges there.  I think a third of the population are now said to be Eastern Europeans looking for work and the city has grown a third in size in under two years!!  I cannot recall how many people are currently on the waiting list for Council housing - many, many thousands!! 

But to see these people camping out off the Parkway which is a road system skirting the city is awful because the River Nene flows through that area and it is part of Ferry Meadows which is a huge and beautiful 'natural' (it was originally developed from the surrounding fields and woods in the 60's) parkland comprising thousands of acres and it is used by everyone in Peterborough.  My dogs used to love it there.  And the Rangers always looked after the wildlife but there are not enough Rangers now to keep an eye on the rabbits, fish, swans, geese, ducks etc and these animals are being decimated by these campers.  I do feel sorry for them but I feel angry about the wildlife.

It is just another example of political ineptitude by this government and all preceding governments!! 

Best wishes,

Roz

P.S. Having said all that, my hubs is an engineer for one of the largest builders in the country (TW) and all the Latvians and Polish workers on the building sites are held in very high regard and they'll work in all weathers, much to the chagrin of the British bricklayers !!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 11:14:20 AM by Roz »
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
I keep looking for these Polish guys that are meant to be everywhere in London, but all I can find are local cowboys too! I have some  B & Q bought DIY window screening to do if summer gets hot, so that Max doesn't plummet out the window after a feral pigeon (one has had a happy event on the little 'balcony' outside the bedroom window).

Are you going to put up shelving unit things for outside exercise for Lu and Riley or are you worried that they could use them as a launch pad to get out? When I had a cat run, I put 3 shelves on poles (not the nationality :D ) sunk into the ground and a great game was chasing the boys from one to the other. However that cat run had a wire roof. Maybe in the middle of your garden?!  Or would that get in the way of L & R's personal sunloungers? (you have bought them some I hope lol).

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
It's the cowboys that give trades a bad name. There are obviously good people out there but it's finding them. We have a carpenter in his 60's that I trust completely. We need a few jobs done and I have so much faith that I won't even nail him down on price as I know he won't rip me off and he will do a great job and turn up on the agreed day & time  :evillaugh:

We thought the painter we used was good but he is one of the bad ones. He is now retired but doing jobs for "special" customers. Initially, he was here for 6 weeks at £120 a day. He was great at the beginning but got slower and later as time went by. 2 years later, we asked him how much to emulsion 2 rooms the same colour they were already to freshen them - he quoted £650  :Crazy: - when I queried it, he said when you paint walls, some paint will get on the skirting to that would have to be touched up which takes time  :Crazy: - I said if you mask it, it won't happen. He said he is a professional so doesn't use masking tape  :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy: - he said he had been a painter since he was a kid in the 50's - I touched the walls up myself in about 2 hours using a £1.50 sample pot - not perfect but not £650 :sneaky:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 08:48:37 AM by Mark »

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.

I just need a fair job at a fair price from someone reliable which seems too much to ask.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.  Seems to be a common problem in all trades - plumbing, roofing, tiling, electrics, plastering etc etc.  I really do think it's a shame they stopped old fashioned "time served" apprenticeships which gave someone a proper trade at the end of it. 

Having said that, one of our neighbours fence came down in the high winds last month, and they've just had it replaced with a lovely looking brick wall with half timber fencing, and the lads who've done it have made a super job of it.  The bricks are mellow and match all the surrounding properties, the timber is stout and treated and it's not only functional but looks great.  Well done to those men, whoever they are!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I wouldn't know where to begin  :Crazy: - I think it's a job for the professionals.......but

a) If we can find a professional amongst the cowboys
b) They can do it at a realistic price.

We first went to the posh garden/flower shop in Whitstable who recommended a landscaper who eventually came over to have a look then disappeared off the face of the earth (She was embarrassed last night as I caught her buying lillies in Somerfield  :evillaugh: http://www.grahamgreener.com/

Then we went to a garden centre and were saying how we were struggling to find someone to do the garden. When he delivered the plants and shrubs for our front garden, he had a look and came up with ideas. He said he would call the following week and we neve heard from him again.

The the episode with the local "Landscaper" who's quote doubled after she started the job and we booted her out.

I just need a fair job at a fair price from someone reliable which seems too much to ask.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Am very impressed with the garden Helen.  It looks fab, and it looks like Lukey and Riley can't wait to get out there. 

Gillian you've got a beautiful looking garden too.  Also have heavy clay, but have dug tons of sand and leaf mould, compost and organic matter in over the last five years (I reckon the garden's about five inches higher now than it was previously!  :evillaugh:)  I like the clay soil too - it's great for growing in once you suss out what works for you.

Mark, you could try small, easy to manage raised beds made out of planking, bricks or linking systems you can buy in most decent garden centres.  You could even sink plants in pots into them if you wanted to cheat wholeheartedly then top dress with a permeable membrane and pebbles (or oyster shells!) on top to keep the poo manageable.  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Ahhhh your animals are like mine then........wont go to bed unless I do  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
I know......even the dogs and cats are beginning to get dark circles under their eyes :evillaugh:  I think the earliest I crawl into bed these days is about 4 am and I'm up again at 7.30 - 8.00 am...I'm knackered...and my hands hurt after beating my computer up last night! 

Could someone throw me into the skip please! :tired:
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Roz you are soooooooo early  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
Hi again Helen,

You were never harrassing! I was only too happy to help and require no thanks.  You are very welcome. :)

Looking forward to the boys' first adventure.

Best wishes,

Roz

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Got your email thanks Roz  ;D  Will see how it goes but as I said I might need to do something to the garage wall so those pics will come in handy. 

To anyone who is thinking of cat proofing your garden, I'd highly recommend the Secur-a-cat system.  Roz has been so helpful, at one stage the amount of emails I was sending her was bordering on harassment but she still offered me loads of advice and support. It has taken longer than I'd hoped to put it up but that's due to me and my little helper being two of the worst DIY-ers in the world so please don't be put off by my two day expedition - it really is fairly simple, just time consuming  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
 :hug: :hug: :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Not just the past two days Sam, am still doing it today! Just tidying up the cable clips and making good any gaps at the bottom of the fence.  They won't be able to go out today unfortuantely as I need to drill a few more clips into the house wall which involves getting my brother in law and his power drill back round.  As he left yesterday he vowed never to set foot in my back garden again  :evillaugh:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
ooooh it looks great and the boys seem very keen to go and have a look at what mummy has been faffing out doing for the past two days  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
I've just seen this thread. It looks great and they look mighty interested  ;D  If you're worried about whether or not it's Alcatraz enough, I'd try harnesses at first, attached to extender leads (works their muscles too, makes hunks out of 'em lol). That will give you and them security and also tell you if you have any escapologists in the family.
As for the garden, think of the many happy hours you can spend all summer reading up on Alan whatsisface's books and planting a cat friendly garden (no trees! :) ). One thing is to try to encourage a 'poo n pee' area, as otherwise your plants have had it. Look forward to photos of them luxuriating on their sunbeds. (assuming we have sun....).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 12:54:17 PM by swampmaxmum »

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
Hi Helen,

Well, I've just plucked up the courage to take a peek at what you've done and I'm mighty impressed.  The job looks good.  I did say in one of my emails that I would be marking you out of ten and I def think this merits (on what I can see) a very distinguished nine.  I can't give ya a full ten because only my chaps warrant ten out of ten...they have to justify their fees somehow. :evillaugh:

Did ya get my last e-mail?  Did you notice the time it was sent?  I was so p*ssed off because I had spent some time  writing up some last minute advice (in between slaving for dogs and cats), and when I pressed the send button, the blasted machine decided that it had some sort of problem and had to shut down and I lost the whole bloomin' lot.  >:(  That was to be my last email before going to bed...................I was shouting all sorts of obscenities at the computer....not very ladylike I'm afraid!!!  :innocent:  I think it was about 2.30 am when I sent the next one!

Right...re letting the boys out:  When our guys install the system they always try to hang around for an hour or two (assuming time and weather/light allows) after completing the job while the cats go outside for the first time.  As several of the other members have said, some cats are nervous and will only venture out in their own time, but others go out immediately.  Just watch them very carefully under close supervision for the first few days.  Once you are happy that the system is gap-proof and there are no vulnerable spots that you haven't noticed, then you can relax and just leave the door or cat-flap open for them to come and go as they please.  Personally, I never leave my cats in the garden if I am going to be out for a while because I like to feel that they are safe and sound inside.....but this is just me.  (I'm paranoid about someone breaking the gate open or harming them while I'm not about....I know I'm being silly) Always remember that cats are crepuscular creatures...they like being out at dawn and dusk and provided they have access to the great outdoors in the mornings or evenings, they are not deprived.  I'm lucky to be able to work mostly from my own office at home (not at the workshop) so my doors are open to the garden for much of the day.

If you plant trees or install climbing frames, please ensure that they are not close to the fence.  If they are they will need to be cat-proofed too (which would make nonsense of a cat climber :evillaugh: ) Try to design your garden from the centre outwards.  It can be done and actually it's more interesting because it causes more of a creative challenge.

I think that's me done.

Have fun Lucas and Riley and don't be naughty :naughty:

Lots of love

Aunty Roz

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
Wow Helen, that's a fab job you've done there. I hope you had a long sit down afterwards with a huge glass of wine!

The boys will love it, I'd just open the door and see what they do and keep an eye on them. When we were outside with Fergus and Polly I made sure I was out there all the time and the door was left open for them to run inside if they got a bit spooked or anything. I also made sure I talked to them lots when we were out there "ooh what yous found there Polly Pocket, a spidey ooh you are a clever girl aren't you" kind of thing. Hmm but maybe that's just me being a bit mad, dread to think what the neighbours would have thought!!

Good luck though and of course we want piccies!

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
 :Luv2: What a great job you have done! I am very lucky in that there isn nothing but field behind me and I have a huge garden - Beavis apparently spent most of yesterday outside playing  , I think he is still missing his buddy tho!

He wont be out and about much today tho - its raining and god forbid he should get his paws wet!  :heeee heeee:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Another reason Ive not pea-shingled our garden ........... its a giant litter tray isnt it  :rofl:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Before Dennis sold his last house, I did a cheap makeover which was mainly bark - It looked OK but the cats loved pooing on it  :evillaugh:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Think the boys are going to love their garden Helen  ;D

Our bit of garden sounds very like yours, as we're renting we've avoided doing anything expensive as we won't get the money back, but I would love to have some nice pots with conifers etc, then pea shingle over the muddy bits where nothing grows.  It's fairly low maintenance as well.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Ours is still like that after over 3 years  :tired:

We planned on getting it done last year until the "Landscaper" (NVQ in horticulture  :evillaugh: ) tried ripping us off  >:(

How do you dig over a garden that is solid and under the top soil is stones and oyster shells? - I have tried soaking it but no luck  :Crazy:

Maybe decking is the only answer  :-: - We keep saying how boring it is for the cats and unsightly and uncomfortable for us. Anyone know how to find a company you can trust? - the only thing that is stopping us now is we are fed up with being ripped off and messed about by cowboys.

Sorry to hijack Helen  :shy:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 10:04:53 AM by Mark »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Great news, Helen. Hope the boys enjoy their freedom.  :)

And Gillian, your garden looks lovely. (The cats too, obviously! ;D)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
I HATE gardening! 

heavy sodden mud/clay I'm not sure anything can be done with it.  Any tips for plants and gardening in general will be greatly received as I really haven't a clue about gardening! 

Oh yes, plenty can be done with it.........most of it back-breaking LOL! Clay is difficult to work, but once worked it will grow you lovely plants as it holds on to the nutrients, unlike sandy soils. Just gotta dig in lots of fibrous material (manure/compost) and grit - probably best to work on a bit a time methinks?

Grasses like this one (miscanthus) seem to grow well in my clay soil (well worked mind you!)

And this grass (phalaris) does well too (spreads like wilfire - so its good if you want to fill up the garden without too much effort) - the cats love it too cos it rustles - haha, had to get cats in the picture too!  ;)

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
do you know i had a feeling lulu might be a kindred spirit there!!

as far as gardening goes - things in pots are always good! as are those fab climbing frames (like lynn has!)   sure it'll look great very soon  :)

so when's their debut?  tomorrow?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
HeHe Hannah  :evillaugh: That's exactly what LuLu does when he sees a sock on the floor or something that shouldn't be there - will be sure to get lots of grass tapping pics too  :wow:

Brilliant Helen! - and what a fab blank canvas of a garden you've got, the wonderful shrubs, trees, bamboos, and grasses you can plant to amuse and interest the boys - you do like gardening...........don't you?  ;)

I HATE gardening!  At the moment it's quite literally a rectangle of manky lawn, the edges where the new fence was put up are just mounds of churned up sodden mud, the top left corner has no grass whatsoever (although it's not a flowerbed) - just big flat round weeds and is such heavy sodden mud/clay I'm not sure anything can be done with it.  Any tips for plants and gardening in general will be greatly received as I really haven't a clue about gardening!  It's about 45 foot long by about 35 foot wide....

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
ooh, i cant wait to see the pics of them outside!!!  when jasper first met grass, after weeks of begging to get out into the wild world, he was scared of it.  it was sooooooo cute!!!  he was all tap tapping with one paw, then two, then kinda jumped on, then straight off again!!!  :rofl:

:Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

they're gonna love it!  also cant wait to see what new fabulous toys youre gonna fill the play ground with!  ;D

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Brilliant Helen! - and what a fab blank canvas of a garden you've got, the wonderful shrubs, trees, bamboos, and grasses you can plant to amuse and interest the boys - you do like gardening...........don't you?  ;)

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Just think of all the trouble fun they can get up to now that their world is about to expand  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Great Helen  ;D

Now you just need to sort out the kitty adventure playground  :evillaugh:

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
Fabian is the ultimate escape artist and he hasn't managed to escape (touch wood!!)  :shocked:

The best thing to do us to watch them the first few times and you'll see where they are taking an interest  ;)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
I remember those ties..............................

We were almost in tears come the end of the day  :evillaugh:  Have your lot ever tried to get out, if so what do I need to look out for - any weak points?  I'm really worried about Riley - he's extremely athletic and very clever, not to mention stubborn  :evillaugh:  It wouldn't even enter LuLu's head to try and get out and I bet even if he tried he couldn't!

Link to CatChat