Cat General > Our cats stories

Meet Lukas

(1/9) > >>

Judecat (Paula):
Very happy to hear that both Domino and Lukas are doing well. :Luv:

Mark:
A bit of confusion here. It is Lukas that is still on Metcam. Domino only had it for a few days following his dental. Anyway, as far as I can tell, Domino hasn't had an upset tum for a couple of days now - if fact, no poos in the tray. Either he hasn't been or he went over the back.

But yes, can only imagine the discomfort Domino was going through. We had noticed that he has been swallowing quite a lot recently. That seems to have stopped.

Desley (booktigger):
Wow, he’s clearly doing well to put that amount of weight on Mark!! Bet he is glad to be without that canine. I notice on the other thread you mention he’s still on Metacam, that could be upsetting his stomach. Good luck with his check up. 

Sue P (Paddysmum):
Ouch - I bet that was giving him jip Mark, even if he didn't show signs outwardly.  He'll feel so much more comfortable now.  Hope you can get to the root cause of the upset tummy he has.   :)

Mark:
Just a quick update. He seems to have recovered well and is back for a 2-week check upon Monday. He has had the runs a few times, even last night, despite finishing meds last week. I will mention it when I go back.

It turned out that he needed quite a lot of teeth out, including all 4 canines. One that was whole last year was sheared to the root. Jane said sometimes cats misjudge a jump and hit their chin, which can result in the canines smashing against each other and breaking. The odd thing is, she said it must have happened months ago as there was a tartar build upon them. I don't remember him coming in at any time seeming to be in pain or distressed, so no idea when it happened. He had quite a few rotten teeth too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version