Author Topic: Food recommendations  (Read 5393 times)

Offline clarenmax

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: Food recommendations
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 22:10:48 PM »
My boy Poot won't eat any of the good quality food I try to get him to eat.  He turns his nose up at Natures Menu, Hi-Life, and anything which has a pate texture.

Its more often a case of getting them to eat properly, obviously good quality is better, but its  not the end of the world.

At the moment he loves Gourmet Pearl, Felix As Good as it Looks and any of the  Whiskas steamed varieties.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline CuteCats

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 17:11:52 PM »
 :thanks:  Thanks all.  I've got him some other food to try. Gourmet perle and little tins of pate and Sheba.

Hi Michelle.  His name is ( Chocolate Fudge ) Brownie.  :)

He had an abscess when I first found out he is FIV.  Got some other infections / problems going on too.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 20:42:50 PM »
 :welcome:

I feed my FIV just normal food -
However, when he got a tumour in his month he found eating hard so I used to get him the gourmet tins, he found the pate ones easier to eat.

What is your boy called ?
And why is he poorly at the moment

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 19:25:13 PM »
Gourmet Perle is certainly not the greatest food quality wise but cats love it so if you're looking to treat him and build him up a bit Gourmet Perle gets the paws up from all the cats I've ever had!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 19:22:10 PM »
I'm looking to tempt him with something new possibly.  He's eating, but could do with getting a bit more down him as he's poorly at the moment.  Loves a bit of turkey as a treat anyway.  :)

I'm finding my FIV boy (foster) Chico does well on the Hi Life Petit Pate (the little 80/85g tins - about 38p). I've found these little tins are useful for tempting cats with poor appetite too.  :)

Offline CuteCats

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 14:26:42 PM »
Thanks for the Welcome!  :thanks:

I'm looking to tempt him with something new possibly.  He's eating, but could do with getting a bit more down him as he's poorly at the moment.  Loves a bit of turkey as a treat anyway.  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 12:05:50 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

I don't have an FIV cat but from reading about people that do on here, I don't think they are fed anything special. If you're looking to feed a high quality diet then high meat content or even raw diet are the most natural diets for a cat. That said cats have survived for decades on your regular Felix/Whiskas type foods!

Offline CuteCats

• Distinguished Cat
Food recommendations
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 23:57:26 PM »
Hi, What do you all feed your FIV+ cats?  I have read that high protein food is recommended.

Link to CatChat