Author Topic: question about fever??  (Read 5756 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: question about fever??
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 12:29:29 PM »
If they have a cold/flu brewing then antibiotics would help with any secondary infection, the reason you need a vet is to have a jab to bring their temperatures down.
Even if they class felv as incurable (which it is) they can still treat your cats for other problems.

I dont think you should be adminstering strong drugs such as interferon without veterinary advice especially to ill cats  :scared:

Offline Siberyah

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 02:23:26 AM »
I'll do my best to get some, not sure if antibiotics is what is needed. If viral infection is the case, they won't help and I assume they might even do harm to the immune system because it's very sensitive since they have felv.
 :scared:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 01:43:27 AM »
Yours cats are wonderful..................isnt it possible to get some cat antibiotics for them?

Offline Siberyah

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 22:15:28 PM »
 :thanks: :shy:
It stimulates the immune system.
Oh, and I forgot to mention, yes, thxG, they have a good appetite and I give them plenty of water too. :scared:

Offline clarenmax

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 22:10:24 PM »
Your babes are just gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

I don't honestly know much about interferon, I know others have been prescribed this with FIV cats as it can help, but I don't know enough about it and what is does  :shy:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Siberyah

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 20:39:08 PM »
 :thanks:

Hello :Luv:

No, unfortunately I'm not in UK, I'm in Lithuania. Here I've tried all vets and all they could say it's incurable and some didn't even know what felv was  :shocked: I mean, how hard can it be to read up in internet, we all have google, right? :naughty:
So I've been treating my kitties by myself, giving them human alfa-interferon (I've read an article that it might be an option if you can't afford the cat interferon), natural  immunomodulators and even natural remedies to prevent cancer, and so far we were doing great (these cats were adopted, one sister wasn't in a very good condition - she used to be skinny and had no hair on her belly but it grew back!).
So I don't know what happened but they started having fever sometimes (their ears went warm) and after some time they started having it almost all day long and the little one started sneezing and stuff :-[ I have no idea where they caught this infection and it could be because of felv. Even I sneezed a couple times and had a sore throat after being near my kitty but then I took garlic and I'm OK.
I know that vet would prescribe antibiotics but I'm already adding garlic to their food and it kills all viruses and bacteria. The true cause is really unknown. I'm confused if I should give them interferon.
 :scared: :Crazy:

(Besides, your cats are adorable, & looky at that playful cute rascal omg :doh: :briggin: Here are mine: http://usera.ImageCave.com/siberyah/paskirties/katka_su_belka.jpg

Offline clarenmax

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 08:48:11 AM »
Hiya and  :welcome: to PUrrs  :)

You don't say where abouts in the world you are?  Certainly in the UK cats with FIV and FELV are always treated, as the very nature of the conditions make cats more susceptible to illnesses.

I have an FIV cat, and even a sniffle is checked out and antibiotics given, even if its just to be on the safe side?

How long has the fever been ongoing, and are they still eating/drinking/behaving normally?

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 15:48:09 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  :hug:

Where is here?

If you in UK a vet should give treatment for the fever, Felv or not.

Sorry cant advise further than that but hopefully someelse can.

Offline Siberyah

• Kitten
question about fever??
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 15:29:34 PM »
Hello all, anyone can help??
I have a question. I have two cats with felv and they started having fever and sneezing. (Don't suggest seeing a vet, they refuse to deal with felv here).
Because they already have fever, i suppose their immune system is giving a response to whatever it is.
Should I additionally give them interferon?
I'm really worried, I would appreciate a reply, thank you very much. ♥

Link to CatChat