Author Topic: Always double check......  (Read 4663 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Always double check......
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 13:29:33 PM »
I think if we all had our cats tested, a lot of us would be shocked, especially those of us who have had cats as adults rather than kittens.

I agree and have posted that comment a number of times since posting.

My goodness we are all in agreement today about many things, arn't we?
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 13:21:11 PM »
Will have a word with the other mods about that Milly.
I agree with Roger - Glasgow have proved by rechecking tests that 7% of in house will be wrong, and 5% will show a false negative.  I doubt the RSPCA ever follow the up to confirm whether they are in that percentage. And FeLV is worse, as 42% are wrong - any positive FeLV test has to be followed up in 12 weeks, as they can come into contact with the virus and shake it off, which would then leave them with complete immunity. I think if we all had our cats tested, a lot of us would be shocked, especially those of us who have had cats as adults rather than kittens.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 11:03:40 AM »
Should this thread should be made a sticky, so all future newbies get to see it?

fuzziesdad

Always double check......
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 16:43:13 PM »
The in-house blood test for FIV is unreliable so PLEASE double check by having bloods sent to Glasgow university,our harry was positive in-house and negative from Glasgow and if you can get your vet to send it direct you will only have to pay once.

So how many cats have the RSPCA picked up  blood tested in-house and come up positive and they have PTS must run into thousands and another question you can ask yourself how many cats never get tested and have the virus and go all the way through their lives and die at a ripe old age without anyone ever knowing they have this deadly virus,makes you think eh?.
roger.

another of the policies that need changing.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/rspcainquiry/          ...........................................PLEASE SIGN IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY

Link to CatChat