Author Topic: Cleo & Tillie  (Read 5529 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Cleo & Tillie
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2008, 00:56:30 AM »
Pimpernel is just scrummy  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2008, 23:06:32 PM »
Here's a pic of Tillie that I don't think I've posted before, with Pimpernel looking a bit wary! It was taken a while ago, and they're more relaxed together now.

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2008, 21:26:25 PM »
Tillie sneaked into my bedroom one night without me noticing. I only realised when I woke up with her on my shoulder purring away! Since then she's been calmer, though a bit possessive!  :rofl:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2008, 21:19:16 PM »
Awww Dave, that's fab news  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  I've think they've definitely landed on their paws and it's great to hear Tillie is settling down a bit more  :hug:  :hug:  Cleo sounds adoreable  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2008, 21:17:14 PM »
With almost no internet access since before Xmas, I had more time for the cats, and they've all settled down nicely. Tillie won't take any nonsense from the others, but if Sonia's eating she'll wait her turn. The only scraps she gets into now are if one of the others surprises her, and it's usually when I've turned up and blocked an escape route!
Cleo seems content to stay in one room most of the time, but make an occasional trip to explore. She's happy enough with a load of toys, though she sometimes plays with imaginary ones!

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2007, 15:34:13 PM »
I almost forgot, my brother came over last week, and Cleo sat on his lap almost all the time he was here! Perhaps she went quiet because she misses him!  :rofl:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2007, 15:30:10 PM »
A quick update on Cleo & Tillie.
Well, Cleo's gone a bit quiet, and that worried me for a while, especially when she seemed to hide whenever I stood up, but last night she sat on my lap long enough for me to get cramp, so all's well there after all.
Tillie's made definite progress again. It's been nearly two days since she attacked my hand, and she seems a bit more comfortable with the other cats, particularly Neit, even to the point that they can eat together! She's still wary, and too many other cats too near still unerve her, but in this pic, of Neit and Tillie, Sonia is about a foot away behind Tillie, with no growling from any of them.  :yayyy:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2007, 15:26:13 PM »
Dave, that card is fab and great to see Tillie and Cleo on it as well  :Luv:  Tillie looks so at home bless her even though she is a little madam and Cleo bless her is just a babe  :Luv:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2007, 15:37:48 PM »
If anyone wants to use that card, perhaps personalising it with their own cat as Santa (or any other changes), please feel free!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2007, 15:28:21 PM »
oh, got distracted - TIlly is gorgeous - she reminds me a bit of my Tabitha Jane ... :Luv:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2007, 15:26:57 PM »
 :blow kiss: :blow kiss: :blow kiss: :blow kiss: Gorgeous  :Luv2:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2007, 15:25:28 PM »
Great card - we are going to have to rope you into designing next year's Purrs Card  ;D

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2007, 15:21:42 PM »
Another huge step forward with Tillie - Cleo is pretty much settled, and seems happy as an indoor cat - and no squabbling at all today (yet!)
She's getting happier as she stakes out hiding places and resting places as her own. One or two cats have explored the top of the fridge, but haven't stayed there long. Tillie made herself comfortable there for about half an hour, and I didn't get the impression she was scared of the other cats, as when she did come down to eat she ignored Bramble, who walked straight past her less than a foot away.

I've also added Cleo and Tille to this year's Xmas card, though it's not finished yet.

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2007, 19:14:47 PM »
Another quiet day. There's definitely some improvement with Tillie, but the real progress is with Cleo. I generally prefer to let cats get on with introducing themselves and not interfere, but with Sonia having so many health problems I'm ready to jump in at the slightest conflict! As it turns out, neither Tillie nor Cleo has done more than hiss at Sonia, and, touch wood, even that has stopped. Cleo was on my lap earlier, and Sonia had to go past her, inches away, to get to her food. Cleo just looked up, then went back to sleep. A little later Tillie was eating and Sonia strolled past, again only inches away. There was a pause as they looked at each other, and I thought there'd be some growling, but they just carried on with no trouble.

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 06:03:33 AM »
Another one of Tillie. On her left is a spider plant, which apparently has a similar, though milder, effect to catnip. It also has long, narrow leaves, irresistible to cats, so this windowsill is very popular!

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 13:06:14 PM »
Not always, but Purrs is always open in one of the browser tabs, even if I'm looking elsewhere!

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 13:01:08 PM »
Nice to see your computer screen always has the same on it as mine. :rofl:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 13:11:06 PM by Lesley (Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue) »
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 12:57:01 PM »
Tillie just had a bit of a spat with Neit. My fault as I  let Neit in, watching Tillie like a hawk to make sure she couldn't escape again (she was busy stealing the other cats' food!) and I didn't realise Bramble had crept up the other side of her, so poor Tillie felt trapped. Luckily all is quiet and relaxed again now, and I managed to resist the urge to get involved, and to let them sort out the pecking order for themselves. There's a bit more mingling every day, but they're all very wary of the change.
Meanwhile here's Cleo. She's not as easy to photograph as Tillie, so there haven't been as many pics of her. I was lucky to get these, as I happened to be holding the camera when she jumped up.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 17:08:32 PM »
I'd heard she'd gone AWOL but an so pleased she is back, she obviously decided she likes it there. ;)

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 11:55:07 AM »
She's acting a little strangely today, having a prowl around, even wandering close to Sonia, who was on my lap, without a hiss or a growl from either of them! Then she gave a little squeak, much like Pimpernel's attempt at a miaow, and went off to re-explore the rest of the house. If it wasn't for the unusual markings on her nose I'd wonder if it was the same cat!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 11:49:14 AM »
bad girl!  I have a naugtie torti of my own but she is an sweetheart and well and I know that my oh has decided every future cat we own must be a torti so they must have something special!  Glad she came back, it must feel like home!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 11:43:37 AM »
Getting a phone call was like magic to my ears this morning, I couldn't really sleep either Dave  :tired:  I'm so pleased she's come back and it just shows how much she's settled in the short time she's been there  :Luv:  :Luv:  Tell her she's a little madam and not to do anything like that again  ;)

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 10:53:12 AM »
Yes, Tillies the tortie, and she's also the reason I didn't reply straight away. She made her escape yesterday, and stayed out for 24 hours. The superstitious side of me didn't want to tempt fate by suggestions (which I was thinking) that she was unlikely to return. About half an hour ago I had my coat on, pockets full of leaflets for letterboxes and shop windows, when guess who turned up, looking all innocent? So I suppose she's a typical tortie! (And she does the biting too!)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 10:48:04 AM »
Is Tillie the Tortie Dave.  If so, she sounds just like our old naughty tortie, Nicadeamus, one minute loving you, the next minute biting you - tortie nature. :rofl:  (You'll probably tell me she's the black and white one now)  :rofl:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 03:57:47 AM »
Your looking like a proud daddy already......your avatar is cool  ;)

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 03:53:20 AM »
When I win the lottery and buy a mansion!  :rofl:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 03:46:21 AM »
Awww bless  :hug:  When can I bring the next lot of fosters over  :evillaugh:  :evillaugh:  ;)

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 03:43:10 AM »
I'm getting more sure all the time that the mood swings are due to her being unsettled, as she was a lot calmer today. I hope so anyway! As for them staying here - well, if the others reach some sort of truce, they can. I think they probably will, as there are a lot of hiding places here, so no cat need feel too threatened. The growling has subsided, it's mostly hissing now! As bad as that probably sounds to some people, they've actually made good progress.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 03:17:25 AM »
I was a bit unsure what to make of Tillie, with her psychotic mood swings! One moment I'd be strokin her, and she'd be purring, the next she'd attack my hand. Cleo went for a quiet moment somewhere last night, and when I looked for her to check she was OK Tillie took a swipe at my head, claws out! No blood was drawn, but I've been a bit wary of her since then.
Fast forward to 15 minutes ago and, out of the blue, and she jumped up onto my lap and started padding. (I still end up covered in scratches!)

I'm sorry Dave, I had to laugh at your comments here, I can just picture the little madam swiping at you  :heeee heeee:  I think the description of her with her psychotic mood swings is very apt  :evillaugh: They really do look at home though and look as if they've never been away  ;)  Fab piccies, I love the one of Tilly lying on the table  :Luv:  :Luv:  I do wonder whether they've found their home already, I think they think they have looking at how chilled out they are  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 01:57:29 AM »
Bless, they look so settled already  :Luv: Good on you for looking after them Dave  :)

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 20:51:05 PM »
She moved eventually - an hour! Any way, I spotted the pair of them sleeping, so no need to worry about damaging their eyes by overusing the flash,

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 17:38:56 PM »
Awwwwwwwwwwwww she loves you  :Luv2:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 17:29:33 PM »
I was a bit unsure what to make of Tillie, with her psychotic mood swings! One moment I'd be strokin her, and she'd be purring, the next she'd attack my hand. Cleo went for a quiet moment somewhere last night, and when I looked for her to check she was OK Tillie took a swipe at my head, claws out! No blood was drawn, but I've been a bit wary of her since then.
Fast forward to 15 minutes ago and, out of the blue, and she jumped up onto my lap and started padding. (I still end up covered in scratches!)
She's now sleeping with her head on my shoulder, and I've got a crick in my neck! I wonder who'll be the first to move.  :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 17:14:25 PM »
They have arrived and are staying they say  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 16:42:48 PM »
The second one is from when I got up to make myself a coffee. I hadn't even left the room before Cleo jumped onto my chair!
She didn't seem inclined to move when I came back, and even let me shove her over so I could sit down, where most cats would get the hump and go and sit somewhere else.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 16:38:05 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: the "got their words paws under the table"  seem to apply to these two  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 16:36:53 PM »
Gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
Cleo & Tillie
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 16:32:02 PM »
It's been a bit of a miserable day today, rainy and dark, and I don't like to take too many pics of cats ith the flash, so I've just taken a few today

Link to CatChat