Author Topic: She's gone....  (Read 4436 times)

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
Re: She's gone....
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 19:44:33 PM »
Give it time Lipgloss. It will all settle into place eventually. I know when Smudge died Fluffy behaved diferently. I think she just picked up on how I was feeling. Still when I have bad days and have to work very had at not crying Fluffy will come and ask for a cuddle even though she no always the most cuddly of felines.

Offline Lipgloss

• Kitten
  • Nikki (RIP 15.12.06) & Jazzy
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 15:10:06 PM »
Thank-you to all of you who have offered words of support...its been a week since she left us, I still miss her terribly. I was hoping to have her ashes home for xmas but this is not to be. On a positive note our other cat Jazzy is actually allowing us to stroke her for longer periods, she still won't settle on laps though, but she does seem to enjoy the fuss, still on her terms, but at least we are getting somewhere.

I just still feel very sad over our loss.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2006, 16:26:17 PM »
I am so so sorry to read about Nikki.

I fully understand what you have been through, I lost my Spotty Bengal Zak to the road. Lossing a cat in this was is dreadful as they are  happy & fully fit. Then ............... they are gone in a split second.

RIP little nikki - have fun on the bridge, beau & Zak will keep you company till you Mummy comes to colect you.

Big Hugs to you LG

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2006, 08:14:39 AM »
I am so sorry for your loss, she was a beautiful cat and well loved. It is never easy to lose a much loved cat, but things do get easier in time. RIP little one.
Please spay your cat

Offline lynne

• Adult Cat
  • Ziggy (9 yrs old)
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 19:26:54 PM »
 I am in tears reading your post, its so dam unfair,

I also lost my cat to a RTA (we think) in Oct and it still hurts like crazy, so I know how heartbroken you are feeling.

My heart goes out to you at the terrible time
Thinkin of you X

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 18:11:50 PM »
Thanks Yvonne
I may have a look for somethiung for my Little Smudge who sadly left us in september.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2006, 11:22:44 AM »
Hi - glad that we could help in some small way, for pet memorial items I can recommend:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Kitten-Coven

Do take a look, if you do not have an e-bay account I feel sure that the lady will probably do an order directly.
I have just received my plaque for Cleo and I was absolutely delighted with it, it does take twenty eight days from the day that the order is received but it is well worth the wait.  The plaque cost me £18.99 and it is well worth it.

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Lipgloss

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 08:56:46 AM »
Thank-you all so much, I barely know any of you and you have all been so kind. Its nice to know there is comfort out there.

The weekend passed with a blur, I managed to get online to chat to Hubby and he has been a great support also. I feel bad for him that the next time he is home there will be no Nikki. I had to walk past the house where she was found, I wish the cars would slow down up the road, feelings of anger still!!
I really hope we get her ashes home for xmas...I miss her so much  :owwww:

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 22:00:56 PM »
so sorry to hear about Nikki . I wish I could do or say something to make the pain lessen but there is nothing to fill that chasm. Plant a little tree or shrub so her soul lives on and remember how happy she was with you and how rich her short life was thanks to your love. She will be with you always in your heart and your thoughts RIP little one
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 22:01:55 PM by Nick (Peanut & Boo) »

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 13:06:06 PM »
so very sorry for your sad loss, my heart goes out to you and your family - thinking of you;

RIP little one, may the sun shine on you at the bridge xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 10:39:34 AM »
So Sorry to hear of your loss ..

RIP Nikki sleep with the angels and play up their with my bridge babies Zookie and Snarf xx
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 10:25:26 AM »
lipgloss

I would love to have another cat but my 12yr old tabby had a hard time adjusting to a newbie in the house so I think for now it will just have to be her but in future most definitely YES!!
If you go on www.catchat.org on there somewhere there is a section on berevement and things you can buy as comemorative things like little headstone and other such like stuff.

Offline Lipgloss

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 09:10:54 AM »
Hi ladies...many many thanks for all of your kind words, its very moving to hear all your stories and I'm sorry for your losses also.

Yvonne your poem made my cry, it was very touching.

We have decided to have her cremated and bring her ashes home. Myself and the children would like to do a little ceremony for her, I think it will help with the grieving process. I've been looking at memorial items, does anyone have any good sites to recommend? We just want to do something special.

Tammy & Tina I'm sorry for your little ones. I know what you mean though, and I'm still feeling as though she is here with us, I miss her sitting on the window ledge peering in waiting to come in, it feels weird having Jazzy on her own now, and I think that she feels Nikkis loss aswell.

Tammy will you have another cat now Smudge has gone?

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 00:29:10 AM »
Hi and welcome to Purrs,

So sorry to hear about Nikki, may I pass on my regards to you and your family;

They say memories are golden, well maybe that is true.
I never wanted memories, I only wanted you.
A million times I needed you, a million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died.

I know just what you are going through, I lost Cleo last month, different circumstances. 
Please try not to beat yourself up about it, you did everything that you could.

Take care xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 17:58:56 PM »
Lipgloss

Yor story reminds me of what happened to my Smudge. She was 2.5 yrs old when she passed away. She was also hit by a car near home..We live in a residential area so it was hard to understand why the driver did not stop before he hit her as its hard to drive up our road at more than about 7 mph or so. It will be 3 months next saturday since we found her.already dead, all sorts of thoughts went through my head especially the pain she must have been in.............. The first few days were very hard,I used to almost feel her in bed with me or hear her cry hello when I cme in from work. You never forget and I doubt the pain ever completely goes sway as I will always be very sad at the way her life was ended, but it does get easier as you learn to live with the fact and have happy warm memories to keep you company.

Im really sorry you had to see your cat in such a state but she's ok now at Rainbow Bridge........

Tammy  :hug:

Offline Telstar

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 17:25:42 PM »
I can only echo what Smudgepickles has already said. Your beautiful cat was obviously very much loved and though her life may have been cut short she experienced more kindness and affection that many other poor moggies do.

I lost a much beloved little fella to an RTA 6 years ago so I know how much it hurts. Big hugs to you, and I'll drink a toast to your Nikki tonight.

Tina XXX

Offline Lipgloss

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 15:56:35 PM »
Helen..thanks for your kind words. Its really hard without her, but I hope that speaking with others will ease the loss.

Hugs back x

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 15:50:31 PM »
Im so so sorry for your loss lipgloss she was a beautiful looking cat.

She was lucky to have had you for a special Mummy to have loved and cared for her as you did
My love and thoughts go out to you and your family from me and all of mine

(hugs)))))))
Helen

Offline Lipgloss

• Kitten
She's gone....
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 15:44:04 PM »
Firstly I want to say hello to you all and thank-you for this forum.

On December 14th our first rescue cat Nikki got hit by a car a few doors down from us, the driver didn't even bother to stop!! She was found by a lady in her garden, the lady kindly phoned the vets and they took her in, the vet called me from her microchip details, as he was telling me what had happened I was in total shock, he gave her a prelim X-ray first as she was too distressed to be put under Anaesthesia, early indications were that there was pelvis damage, possible spinal damage and also tail damage  :( he said that they would keep her comfortable overnight and do further X-rays in the morning.

We have 3 children and I was dreading telling them, especially our middle daughter as Nikki was practically her cat. I tried to be positive considering the circumstances. I hardly slept all night almost dreading the phonecall in the morning. At 10.30am he called and said that the damage was alot worse than they first thought, she was paralysed from the waist down, her pelvis was shattered and her spinal cord shunted. He said that it would not be fair to keep her alive and would I like to come in.

I rushed to the vets and he took me to a treatment room and he brought Nikki in, she was still sleepy from the Anaesthetic and as soon as I saw her I broke down, I hugged her and spoke to her telling her that we all loved her, I told her to be brave. We were left for a few moments, she knew it was me as she tried to get up off the table. I could not believe that I was seeing her like this. The vet came back in and he took off her bandage and put in the blue fluid, within a few seconds she was soundly sleeping....my heart was broken.

Our beautiful Nikki was gone.

Yesterday was awful...we all cried and asked all those questions why? I guess it has been made worse as Christmas is almost here and my Husband and their Dad works away from home, he too took the news terribly also.

Its hard to swallow as it all happened so suddenly...I feel anger towards the person who ran her over!

This morning was hard also, I kept seeing her and feeling her all around the house, again making it hard to bear. Today has been a beautiful day, sun shining, Blue sky and I know that she is at peace now, but the pain is still fresh. We are all at a total loss.

I hope that it gets better with time, and we are all glad that we gave her a good 7 years with a family who loved her dearly, we are just sorry that her life got cut so suddenly.

RIP Nikki

Link to CatChat