Author Topic: Christmas without shadow  (Read 3754 times)

Offline lynne

• Adult Cat
  • Ziggy (9 yrs old)
Re: Christmas without shadow
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 19:05:17 PM »
Thanks to you all for your kind words and thoughts, and I know alot of you have suffered a simular loss too,
I am thinking of you all and how upset you too are feeling, especially this time of year.

It just seems so dam unfair!

My thoughts are with you too,

Offline Lipgloss

• Kitten
  • Nikki (RIP 15.12.06) & Jazzy
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 09:14:48 AM »
I'm really sorry for your Shadow, I too have lost Nikki to an RTA 2 days ago. Its hard without them. And even more so at this time of year. He is at peace now.

Hugs xox

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 18:10:38 PM »
I remember this story from CC. Shadow died around time my Smudge died...I like to think they are happy and playing together at the bridge now

Thinking of you Lynn x :hug:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 18:43:32 PM »
So very sorry Lynne - We lost OllyG 3 years ago this Xmas Eve, he was 11 months old and even now I still cry from missing him but I can also smile when I think of him, it will get easier and the pain will not be so raw.

Take care and I am sure that Shadow is watching over you from the bridge xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Claire M

• Adult Cat
  • My Beautiful Casper
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 18:13:25 PM »
Lynne, In floods of tears reading your post, it's going to be a strange christmas for both of us, without our boys. Thinking of you,keep in touch, love to you and Zig, Claire and Felix x  :'(
Claire M x

Offline ddraigmor

• Adult Cat
  • Minstrel - Crossed the bridge 6.12. 2006.
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 15:16:21 PM »
Lynne,

It's been a week since Minstrel went and I was inconsolable with grief - see my thread about his passing. Like you I have been through all the what if's? What if he had seen me opening the front door and had run across the road? What if I hadn't have let him out that morning? And so on.

We will blame ourselves and we will look for answers when there probably aren't any. Just take heart in the fact that you got him back and are able to say your final goodbyes. I buried Min in the garden and every night, before bed, I draw back the door blind and wish him a good night - this is grief, I know it is, but he was my mate and so why not?

Like Shadow, he was nearly three and like Shadow, in his prime. Their loss will be felt acutely by both of us, especially as I was planning for New Year with just him and me............

It will get easier, Lynne. You have to believe that. However, I am so sorry for your loss; believe me, I understand it only too well......

Jonty
'People who hate cats will come back as mice'
'I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room ful of rocking chairs......'

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 19:35:59 PM »
Hi Lynne,

Actually that rings a bell - I do remember reading your story on Cat Chat but I was too wrapped up in my own grief at the time to do any posting.

Please try not to be hard on yourself - Shadow would not want you to be unhappy.

Take care xx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 

Offline lynne

• Adult Cat
  • Ziggy (9 yrs old)
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 21:17:58 PM »
Yvonne,

Yes we found shadow, He was mising saturday, we searched and searched. I knew by evening it was not good.

Sunday morning we got up early, did the posters and flyers and set off.  A man came out of his house as I put a flyer thro' and said he saw a cat "in Distress" on Saturday on the garage roof at the bottom of his garden. (there is a small  side road ajacent to his house, leading to several garages).  We went down and there was Shadow, lying on the roof.......Gone to sleep.

No signs of injury other from a small amout of blood in his mouth. He was a heathly 3 year old

He had been there a while, we could tell when we got him down.  Its still a mystery why or how he ended up there, or why that dam man did nothing to help.

We can only think he had been clipped by a car, ran off and died up there.  I was so close in my search as its only across the road from my house, but I did not think for once second to look there.

We have been thro' hell and back, re- living that day, and "what if"...  we had found him earlier, the man had helped...  Its been awful.  I have tortured myself he was up there suffering.   :'(

I try not to torture myself over it, things are getting easier.  Still heartbroken though

Thanks for your kind thoughts.

When I light a candle for Shadow, i'll light one for all the other mogs who have gone from our lives.

Thanks again X

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 12:03:45 PM »
Thinking of you Lynne.
Please spay your cat

Offline ddraigmor

• Adult Cat
  • Minstrel - Crossed the bridge 6.12. 2006.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 19:23:10 PM »
Lynne,

My thoughts are with you.

Jonty
'People who hate cats will come back as mice'
'I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room ful of rocking chairs......'

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 16:27:00 PM »
Hi Lynne,

Did you eventually find Shadow?

Sorry to hear about the awful circumstances that you lost Shadow, I do know the pain, I am going through it myself at the moment.  I lost Cleo last month, different circumstances she was 15.  Despite everything I do hope that you enjoy Christmas.

They say memories are golden, well maybe that is true.
I never wanted memories, I only wanted you.
A million times I needed you, a million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died.
In life I loved you dearly, in death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place no one could ever fill.
If tears could build a stairway and heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to heaven and bring you back again.
Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same.
But as we are called one by one, the chain will link again

Take care,
Yvonne xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 

Offline lynne

• Adult Cat
  • Ziggy (9 yrs old)
Christmas without shadow
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 13:21:04 PM »
Shadow, we still miss you so much it hurts.   :(

You were taken from us in October, killed by a driver who did not stop or seek help for you.

We searched so hard for you when we knew you were missing, but it was too late...we were heartbroken. (we still are, my tears still flow when I think about that awful day).   
 Even Ziggy misses you!

Xmas will be so hard without you, we will light a candle for you, please know how much we love and miss you.  We wish so much you were still with us.

RIP Darling Shadow, we think of you every day. Our bright star

xxxxXXxx

« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 13:33:55 PM by lynne(vino) »

Link to CatChat