Author Topic: Sooty and Sweepy.  (Read 2160 times)

ccmacey

Re: Sooty and Sweepy.
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 11:07:51 AM »
It's not pathetic Joann, It's what you need to do to keep them in your heart. xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 07:52:58 AM »
RIP little ones, send a message saying you are fine.
Please spay your cat

Offline JoAnn

• Adult Cat
  • oscar and tobey's mummy.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 00:32:15 AM »
They may not be with us any longer but they are still in our hearts.  We still celebrate their 'birthdays' every year.  :Luv:
We buried them in the garden next to one another wrapped up in their individual blankets with a lovely flowers around it.  It may sound pathetic but I find myself talking away to them sometimes when I am sitting near them.

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 18:29:08 PM »
It's so wonderful to read that 10 years on, both are still remembered with love & affection.
J.
x

Offline JoAnn

• Adult Cat
  • oscar and tobey's mummy.
Sooty and Sweepy.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 01:17:42 AM »
They died 10 years ago but I still miss them and think of them everyday.  Sweepy died from kidney failure and it was heartbreaking to watch her final days.  It was so bad that her back legs were so swollen that she couldn't walk very far without having to lie down.  She was 16 years old.  Sooty died a year later from old age.  She was 17 years old.  My parents had got the cats together on the same day and Sweepy accidentally bit a tiny chunk of Sooty's ear off a week later when they were playing but they were the best of friend and ALWAYS slept beside one another every night.  Sooty was so lost without Sweepy and was constanty trying to find her.  I know that they are together now.
I will upload a picture soon, I need to scan one in.
 :Luv:

Link to CatChat