Author Topic: Paddington and Momo  (Read 2196 times)

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
Re: Paddington and Momo
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 19:55:37 PM »
RIP Little ones

Offline Claire M

• Adult Cat
  • My Beautiful Casper
Re: Paddington and Momo
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 19:37:53 PM »
Your post is heartbreaking,and your cats are beautiful.RIP Paddington and Momo.
Claire M x

Offline chrisleitz

• Senior Cat
Paddington and Momo
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 14:51:58 PM »
Paddington - 1989 to 1994, came to us from the Millbrook RSPCA centre in Chobham. When I first saw him, I thought I had never seen an uglier, scruffier cat. His coat had been shaved off because it was so matted, and his tail, well the word toilet brush sprang to mind. When I entered his pen, he came up to me straight away and purred for England. What can I say, he stole my heart and we adopted him. Paddy turned from ugly duckling into a beautiful swan within a few month. He was the most gorgous brown long haired tabby. At the beginning he was very wary of men but that soon changed. We had lots of presents, mice, rats, rabbits and to our great embarrasesment, our neighbours fan-tailed pigeons (still alive thankfully). We still have no idea how he got all this prey through the cat flap. Sadly in June 1994, he didn't come home one evening. We called for him all night. The next morning, we found him under a bush not far from our house. He was buried in the field he liked to roam and hunt in behind our house.

Momo - April 2003 to September 2004 - was originally the cat of one of our neighbours but decided at the tender age of 3 month that he did not want to live with 3 dogs, another cat that hated him and 2 noisy children. Whenever I came home from work he was in our house playing with Samson and Buddie. I kept taking him back to his home but within 5 minutes he was back in our house. His original owners and I had a chat and they weren't bothered and said he obviously wanted to live with us. So he did, got his vaccinations, got neutered, was kept in at night (from 8pm to 7am) but allowed free range otherwise. He was madly playful and the only kitten I ever had that managed to break things just by running around fast and jumping up at everything. We loved him very much. We live in a quiet village on a quiet road. But he was adventerous and decided to go all the way down the farm track (300 metres) to the road that exits the village. This is where he got knocked down. We believe it was instant. One of our neighbours found him and called us. We have buried him in his favourite spot in our garden. He was only 17 month old.

RIP little ones

[attachment deleted by admin]
Best wishes, Chris, Samson, Buddie and Pepper

Link to CatChat