Author Topic: Kitt  (Read 2668 times)

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
Re: Kitt
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 21:52:20 PM »
RIP Kitt  -  I am sure that you brought happiness into your family's life.

:RIP:   :candle:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Rhona

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 15:50:35 PM »
Glad you made Kitt's life such a happy & comfortable one.  Although the gap left by Kitt will be a big one, I hope Max & Willow help fill the gap & bring you lots of comfort.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 14:52:41 PM »
R.I.P ^Kitt^ - You were lucky to have been chosen by your Mummy

xxxx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 18:37:58 PM »
RIP Kitt, he sounds like a wonderful cat, and what a good legacy to him.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 17:31:01 PM »
RIP Kitt.

He sounds like a wonderful friend and I bet hes in his paradise on the Bridge.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 12:21:52 PM »
awwww sounds like he had a fab life with u .

rip little one x
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 19:26:42 PM »
Kitt sounds like he had a great life with you, I love the idea of him guiding Max and Willow in naughtiness.  RIP Kitt, already playing hard on the Bridge no doubt.

Offline Catnap

• Adult Cat
Kitt
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 17:03:44 PM »
I've been reading everyone else's stories hear so although I can hardly see for the tears - thanks for that, guys! - I want to share Kitt's. 
He was 5 when he adopted me after his first mum died and he ended up in a rescue because he didn't like other cats so her daughter couldn't keep him.  To be fair, Kitt was always convinced he was a people so he saw no good reason why he should have to live with cats!  Everyone seemed to want kittens so being an older black boy he'd been there a while when we met and not eating well so he was skinny and scrawny with a dull coat but his personality just shone through those big green eyes and there was no way we weren't going home together. 
Being a novice, I believed it when I was told that cats wouldn't overeat (I know!!!) so in no time he was glossy and ruling the roost with, admittedly, a bit of a jelly belly!  Dieting did not go down well, especially since his favourite trick was to show off his footballing skills with his treat ball to anyone who would watch .... just hated being the centre of attention, our Kitt ... not! 
Kitt was 14 when he was diagnosed with a tumour on his spleen.  It wasn't operable and the vet's only gave him a few months but they were very supportive and trusted me to know when the time was right to say goodbye.  We were as pleased as we were surprised to have another good year together and when the time came we were left to hold him for as long as we needed while he slipped away.
Kitt's ashes are below his favourite plant which he nibbled every morning - not sure it did either of them much good!  His legacies are with me now since this can never again be a cat free household - Max, 10 months, in my lap and Willow nearly 2 on my feet.  I swear they speak to their uncle Kitt's photo and he gives them plenty of tips on how to get up to mischief - he's getting his own back on me for that diet! :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat