Author Topic: does anyone ?  (Read 5128 times)

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
Re: does anyone ?
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2007, 21:50:19 PM »
i remembered the exact date for about a year i think after suzy died, but now, i dont.  in some ways i wish i did, but in others... well she's buried under a tree we planted in her honour in our garden and i am forever looking at it and saying hello to my baby girl. i will never forget the day she died, makes me cry so much even now and i think this is the only way i can do things for now.
the tree is the most amazing thing, so beautiful and healthy..... the date doesnt seem so important somehow.
so no - not just you!!

x

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2007, 19:06:26 PM »
i wish sometimes i didnt remember the date
as i am still so emotionally scard by it
when i lost bubbles i had to go on tranquilisers and anti depressents for a while it really hit me hard
all i thought about is the awful way he had to meet his death
the thing that i always have in my mind is he was on his way home looking forward to dinner and cuddles with his mum and instead he got murdered and i wasnt there for him the one time he needed me the most
ill never forgive myself for letting him out that tea time
and never forget the look on mums face when she told me he was dead .
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2007, 14:13:34 PM »
I always write the dates in the diary when I Get my new one, as I do have a bit of a lapse when having to think of so many dates, although I always know the month - years are a tricky matter though, I always have to either get the photo album out or really work things back to remember them!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2007, 14:08:13 PM »
I have to say that I dont normally do any tributes after the first anniversary

I don't and to be honest I cannot always remember the date, I don't make a note of it. I just remember all my loved and lost pets with affection whenever I think of them.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2007, 14:02:22 PM »
I have to say that I dont normally do any tributes after the first anniversary, maybe it is for similar reasons to Teresa, to focus on the cats I have at that time. I will be doing a tribute for Blackies second anniversary this year, and maybe for all of hers, but for different reasons.
Please spay your cat

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2007, 12:19:58 PM »
Ill never ever forget the 19th november 97

or dec 9th 99

my heart was broken in a hundred pieces

every year on there aniversery i always write something special for them and play a special song

ive accepted snowey dying at 15 as he was old and weak and tired and needed to rest

but ill never ever accept my bubbles being murdered by an out of control evil dog .
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 09:45:40 AM »
had to have my lovely boy PTS on my birthday last year so not going to have a chance to forget even if I wanted to.

It is always sad when we lose a pet but on a special day it is (if it can be) even worse.

I know mum died on her daughters (my sister)  and her great granddaughters  (my granddaughters) birthday, so those occasions are bitter sweet.

RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 16:56:01 PM »
Hi Catnap,

:welcome:  to Purrs

Pleased to have you on board.

Sorry that you had to have you cat PTS last year on your birthday - very sad   :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Catnap

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 16:31:13 PM »
I had to have my lovely boy PTS on my birthday last year so not going to have a chance to forget even if I wanted to.  It was the right thing at the right time supported by wonderful vets so it will be a day to mourn his passing but mostly to remember all the fun times during our many years together. 

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 14:39:37 PM »
I've only lost one of my own (not counting family pets) and I don't think I'll ever forget the date - October 25th 2005 shortly after midnight.  Every minute of that terrible evening will stay with me forever, especially the fact that it was pouring with rain all evening and I had to drive myself to A&E to get a bite seen to.  I couldn't find the car park so ended up parking in the general multi storey one and walking for ages in the pouring rain trying to find the entrance to A&E.  The vet rang me as I was leaving to tell me he had died.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 11:50:28 AM »
oh of course gill of course, we'll remember our loved ones forever and cherish our memories but we mean on the actual date they died, some of us try to blank that out coz it would be so extra painful when that date come around.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 01:13:15 AM »
My mind is trying to make me forget but I dont want to, I want to remember Kocka forever

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 21:24:08 PM »
Unfortunately my almost 21 year old darling wicked little girl Dingle (with me from a wee babe) was pts on my birthday in 1997 so impossible to forget date.  The deed was done late morning and she took up position just behind front door and I didn't want to disturb her so I sat on lower steps of stairs for about an hour and a half to make sure I was there when postman arrived with my birthday cards so they didn't land on her. It was awful and completely unforgettable  :(

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 20:11:04 PM »
I don't intentionally "forget" the dates but I have never been very good with dates anyway so they do just blur away I'm afraid.  Of course I do keep a record but I don't store them in my rather limited memory bank!

The fact that I don't remember the dates doesn't in anyway mean I don't think of furbabes who are now at the bridge.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 15:07:31 PM »
oh that sounds very unpleasant.

the only positive i'd try and draw from that man is that we all agree'd on the pics how lovely and well fed cringle looked so perhaps he was nice to him when he stayed at home (ok hoping here)  or perhaps cringle had a very nice home else where he used to go for restbite care ??

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 14:41:06 PM »
Lynn
Cringles owner didnt bother to look for him because he said he always went off for a week at a time, he left it a full month,when I told him that I had had to PTS Cringle he saw £ signs and thought he could sue. It was only after I told him I had spent £600 trying to save Cringle and had PM that he decided Cringle wasnt his after all. Scared of me sending him the bill. A real nasty man

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 14:14:00 PM »
isnt it strange and also good to share the different ways we all deal with the anniversarys.

Teresa..cant believe i missed all that, well i can coz i didnt have a puter but why was the owner stoppy/ in which way did he think he could make money / why had he not searched for poor crinkle ? sounds awful.  I'm glad you got a diagnosis from the pm, more often than not the word "inconclusive" etc are read.  Poor crinkle ive not heard of a cat having something like that before..dogs yes coz they are silly snuffling into weeds and grasses etc but not cats.  I hope the owner saw sense in the end and now is grateful that crinkle ended up in your hands.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 13:34:17 PM »
I had to ask the vets aout Tigger, as I had blocked hers out - I knew the month and year, but nothing more - hers is still one of the hardest to remember. I can't forget Charlies as it was the day before I got Tigger, but I couldn't tell you the date I got her, just that it was the week after we got knocked out of hte football!! The rest I could tell you without much delving into my memory.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 13:32:26 PM »
I tend to do that too. But for some reason, I marked Parsleys passing away on the calendar with a little sad face - which is quite unusual for me. I think I wanted a day every year where I could mark her existence if that makes any sense.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 13:30:03 PM »
I cant forget dates -

I know that exact date i lost each one of my furbabies -
I even remember when friends mums/dads/grandparents have died.

If fact i was chatting with a friend the other day and she was talking about her Mum (departed)she said it will be 7yrs this year and i said yes on 5th dec - My friend was gobsmaked that i remembered

ccmacey

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 13:19:44 PM »
I think this happens because all around the time everythings a blur and although you want to remember them you don't want to remember the pain and sadness of what happened, its the same for me Lynn. I also tend to go a little off the rails and drink around the times people/ animals have passed, then I think why am I doing this and I remember why.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 13:06:46 PM »
Lynne
Yes there was,basically he had at some time inhaled a foreign object like a grass seed which had embedded in his lung forming a huge boil like growth which eventually burst.
You will also have missed that an owner came forward a not very nice one who thought he might make a bob or two. Thank God I had that PM done because when the owner realised it was his lack of care not mine and that he might get a bill from me he denied Cringle was his.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 12:56:17 PM »
yes teresa, glad its not just me.

by the way i was off line just after poor crinkle died and i never heard the outcome of the pm ? were there any conclusive results ?

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 12:30:48 PM »
Lynn
I try to forget everyone as I just cannot cope with the grief. There is always the odd one like Iris who died on Valentines day which I cant forget.
Harsh as it seems I need to only remember happy times and concentrate my efforts on the living.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
does anyone ?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 12:26:55 PM »
purposely NOT remember the exact dates that their animals died ??  I seem to make myself not, oh i know in feb in general i feel the sadness as it was feb jake was killed, i also remember in april  that archie died and of course december i let my soots go but i have found that remember the exact day very painful so i allow myself to "glaze" over the exact dates (i could easily tell you if i allowed my brain to think them out)

just wondered if i was the only one who is like that or am i really bad for not having proper rememberence days..i just dont want to remember their deaths thats all. (altho i do vividly)

Link to CatChat