Author Topic: An inhuman act - my thoughts for Paws.  (Read 4358 times)

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
Re: An inhuman act - my thoughts for Paws.
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 19:47:13 PM »
Yes Shame on her. Well said Jonty. When i get mad I cant think of words-get a mental bock me!!

Offline ddraigmor

• Adult Cat
  • Minstrel - Crossed the bridge 6.12. 2006.
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 12:05:33 PM »
I work with people who are depressed - and many of you who suffer said exactly what I know: when it hits, it affects YOU - in my 10 years working as a Social Worker, lately within forensic services, I have yet to come across ANYONE who willingly hurt an animal when they were depressed. 99.9% hurt themselves (self harm) or hurt others via their moods and sense of desperation, helplesness etc.

In fact, I deal with a wide variety of clients whose issues are forensic based - tied in with their fragile mental health and learning disabilities - and whilst they have done some pretty awful thjings, they never harmed an animal. So her excuse is a plea to the jury for leniency -  and no doubt a solicvitor who is good with the claptrap many of them put out will make an erudite case for compassion.........

I also agree with the room theory but hope that the judge hearing the case is one who holds with the idea that this is abject, pre-meditated cruelty done from a position of self interest and that a term in prison is due.

Shame on her.

Jonty
'People who hate cats will come back as mice'
'I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room ful of rocking chairs......'

ccmacey

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 10:49:11 AM »
Well can I say, im suffering from depression, and it's a hard thing to be going through. On the other hand ive never felt like ive wanted to hurt anyone, and if i do its usually myself. so this monster is full of crap, lots of people use depression as an excuse for there actions, when in most cases it simply isnt true. Expressing my anger once again >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Yes lets get her in a room with all of us, im sure we could sort her out. :sneaky:

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 17:32:42 PM »
How the  :censored: can someone get away with doing such horrendous thing by saying they have depression!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The only thing this woman is suffering from is pure evil. How that poor poor cat must have felt I can not begin to imagine, I am sickened to my stomach.

A short spell in a room with us lot from here would put an end to her so called depression!!  Evil Evil woman!
I hope she rots , but sadly I fear she will merely be handed a fine and a slap on the wrists.

RIP PAWS, you beautiful boy, nothing can hurt you now,
Our furbabes will take care of you at the Bridge.

Sonya
  x
Cats are like vodkas-you cant just have one

ccmacey

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 14:40:07 PM »
I cried my eyes out after reading that last night,  :censored: princess.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
 what a stupid :censored: cow. >:( >:( >:( :( :( :(

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 23:22:39 PM »
Yvonne lovely poem.
Oh Sam, you are very kind - completely inaccurate but very kind.
I took an existing poem and tried to change the lyrics to suit the situation, I typed it and posted it and then read it back and thought "oh no what have I done"?

Paws - I am thinking of you tonight and I hope that you did not suffer for too long.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 23:19:47 PM »
SICK  :censored:SICK  :censored:SICK !!!! :censored:

Sweet ^Paws^ R.I.P

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 21:49:21 PM »
I don't know if my predominant feeling is rage or despair. Bless you, poor little Paws.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 17:33:12 PM by Christine (Blip) »
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 21:13:18 PM »
Yvonne lovely poem.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 20:20:51 PM »
I agree with Tammy I have suffered`from depression but never hurt anything in the process, I suppose we will just have to see what these enquiry reports come up with on 10th January.  So she will have to "live with what she has done" interesting, she may or may not be jailed.

We will have to see - will the punishment fit the crime I wonder?

Paws I am so sorry, from a member of the human race who really does care:

Paws you deserve my respect,

The brutal bloody fate in store

I hope you did not suspect.

He never harmed a living soul

Yet hands unfit to touch him,

Would soon transform his regal form

With death and pain and sadness,

For there'd be no comfort

As the 'final hour' drew near.

No loving tender touch

To make it easier to bear.

What cruel unjust and callous world

To break this gentle heart,

Eyes glazed with fear, my lovely boy

Would soon be ripped apart.

Rest In Peace

xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 18:27:21 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( grrrrr I'm with you on this one Jonty.

I notice this bit  "When interviewed by police, Hannon admitted that although she had placed the cat in the washing machine to hurt it, she did not know it would die"!!!!????? What did she think would happen, stupid women!

RIP Paws ... may god have mercy on the evil women that did this to you babe.  Play hard at the bridge you poor little soul.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Telstar

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 18:19:15 PM »
That poor creature, how he must have suffered. I agree with your every sentiment, Jonty. Another senseless act that makes me feel ashamed to be a member of the same species.

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 17:57:49 PM »
Im sorry but Ive suffered with depperesion and would never imagine doing that to a living being. If anything mu deppresion has made me want to cuddle cats and other animals even more as this offered me some comfort!!

Demented thats what she is!!

RIP Little Paws

Offline ddraigmor

• Adult Cat
  • Minstrel - Crossed the bridge 6.12. 2006.
An inhuman act - my thoughts for Paws.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 17:35:22 PM »
Hi all,

Will you all join me in mourning the death of Paws, a cat I did not know?

His story is on the following site - but be prepared to be sickened by the treatment meted out to this poor mite by someone who should be punished far more severely than she has been. Her defence lawyer said she suffered from 'depression' - well.......I guess that makes things OK then, doesn't it? After all, depression is surely a mitigating fact.........?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6193557.stm

Personally, I would gladly have meted out an equal sentence on the stupid, vacuous, cruel degenerate that is a part of my race. I am certain all readers of the topic - and forum - would share that sentiment.

G'night Paws, you're remembered and sent on your way to the bridge with the thoughts of those of us who grieve at your untimely and senseless execution at the hands of someone who does not deserve the right to life.

(A very angry) Jonty
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 17:37:17 PM by ddraigmor »
'People who hate cats will come back as mice'
'I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room ful of rocking chairs......'

Link to CatChat