Author Topic: Samui and Sullivan's move  (Read 976 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Samui and Sullivan's move
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 18:57:52 PM »
I was thinking about you all a couple of days ago and I so agree with what Ruth has said and am sure he will settle if you are patient.

Pleased that you have moved and hope everything is on the up and up  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 12:03:41 PM »
Ahhh poor Sullivan he is obviously a sensitive soul.  I agree with Ruth give him time, lots of cuddles and tell him how much you love him and once you settle back into a routine he will start to feel more secure and happy.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 10:45:17 AM »
Congratulations on the move, hope that all is well at home.

I find that with cats like Sullivan it is best to let him take his own time, you be patient with him and just encourage him quietly. Best thing is to keep him indoors for a while (at least 2-3 weeks if not more) so that he gets familiar with the smells.

Maybe let him have just one room to himself where he feels safe and then he can tell you when he's ready to explore more.

Pleased to have you back :hug:

Offline Samui

• Adult Cat
  • ... my boy Samui
Samui and Sullivan's move
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 08:39:40 AM »
Hey everyone

Just wanted to let you know we moved to a farmhouse two weeks ago.  I don't think Samui even cares that we moved because he explored from the first day we arrived here.  He isn't scared of anything!  But poor Sullivan is a totally different story.  He didn't eat for the first couple of days and just stayed under the duvet not coming out at all.  I went to the vets and she gave me a homeopathic tablet to give him.  That seemed to work a bit.
He is definitely doing better now and started to eat and he comes out from under the duvet only in the evening when I've settled down in the room.  During the day he just stays there.

Does anyone have any advise to make it easier for him?

Hopefully I'll be around more from now on again as I've moved house and office so it was quite a change.

Glad to be back and hope all of you and your furr babes are doing well!
 :hug:
"Be the change you seek in the world"

Link to CatChat