Author Topic: my 3 on a new diet  (Read 1912 times)

Offline zoe (tiggy + pipins mum)

• Hero Cat
Re: my 3 on a new diet
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 17:12:35 PM »
The thing is the vet suggested it but i buy it from vet uk as its lots cheaper  ;D

Im not feeding them dry for convineience as i just want to feed whats best for them, I feed them whats stated on the back of the sack but no more as tiggy would just eat how ever much you gave her, If i could find a wet food that they could digest properly i would feed it to them but i havent found one as yet.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 09:26:04 AM »
They certainly make big profits on it. They never say we recommend science plan and did you  know PAH often sell it 3 for 2  ;) ;)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 22:45:49 PM »
I do wonder when vets suggest a food they get commission to sell, and I think a mainly wet diet is best. Rolo has a dodgy tum, he could only tolerate JWB at first, but now can eat Perfect Fit, PAH and Arden Grange.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 16:34:25 PM »
Another marketing trick  ;)  Neutered cats generally do less so need less calories, so you simply dont feed them as much!  Dry food is what leads to obesity so do watch what they are gobbling up.
I prefer a good quality wet food, 3 of mine had runny tummies as kittens for months and they do well without all the grain they used to get  :innocent:

I'd never use use dry food just for convinience, im feeding a friends cat at the moment who wouldnt eat wet, and i feel really lazy just topping the bowl up!   :-[

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 16:03:47 PM »
As tiggy and pipin are getting spayed soon my vet suggested hills neutured cat?

They seem to love hills, Yes it is more expensive but if its going to help there tums i don't have aproblem with it.
Its also so much cleaner that wet food  ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 17:17:38 PM »
James wellbeloved turkey/rice is just as good and cheaper, arden grange and eagle pack are also good.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 15:26:48 PM »
Kylie has been on Hill's for years and is the picture of health. Even on the light version she gained weight so I agree with Lynn. My vet said the light won't make them lose weight and is maintenance diet only.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 18:45:51 PM »
Archie is on Hills as well. I agree the Hills wet food is great but quite expensive. ;) Light has been on offer at PAH.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 18:46:42 PM by alisonandarchie »

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 18:38:26 PM »
Yep i'm a fan of hills too, the normal maintenence can sometimes make them pile on weight though so beware but you get the "light" version too which does make a big difference to a tubby prone waist line.

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 17:31:21 PM »
Mine eat Hills as their main dry food, I highly recommend it  :) Hills wet foods are good as well.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 17:32:50 PM by Team Svartalfheims »
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

• Hero Cat
my 3 on a new diet
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 17:22:52 PM »
I took tiggy pipin and ginger (my little niecec decided to name him and its kinda stuck with him  :rofl:) for a checkup and as tiggy andpipin still havent got fantastic tums my vet decided that they should go on hills science plan dry food and as there on it gingers on it to as if not they would just still his meat.

Has anyone else got there cats on this?

:thanks:

Link to CatChat