Author Topic: Why am I up at 6am????  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Why am I up at 6am????
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 08:26:32 AM »
When was she last checked? If it is a new duvet cover both times, she might be trying to scent it, Kizzy did that when I got my new doormat - it had only been down 10 minutes!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 08:16:12 AM »
Yep, she's been checked, I'm not just guessing. I also keep an eye on her toileting as she also likes to go in the bath so a great opportunity to check her wee as it doesn't get absorbed by anything!

She did it before and then stopped and last night she did it again. Something I noticed was that both times was a new duvet cover :shify: Maybe she just doesn't like her soft furnishings changing on her bed :evillaugh:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 07:58:07 AM »
Has she actually been checked for a UTI, as just because she was looking at you while she did it doesn't mean it is behavioural, she could be looking at you to try and tell you she is in pain. How many litter trays do you have? Kizzy does this when she doesn't think the litter tray is up to her standards (generally just as i am going to clean it!!)
Please spay your cat

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 01:32:25 AM »
I have just nipped home for lunch, still half asleep but there is no sick so breakfast has stayed down and Milo seems to be in slightly better humour ;D Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 00:05:32 AM »
Oh dear, not good  :-: Hope you get through the day OK  :hug:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 21:33:14 PM »
Oh and with all that kerfuffle I'd forgot to say poor Bond has thrown up 4 times through the night :( He hasn't been sick since Milo's last pee and he's kept down a breakfast of poached chicken this morning (they were all very pleased with breakfast). Wish I could take the day off work but no such luck, I will come home at lunch and see how he is and make the decision whether to take him to the vet tonight then.

I'm exhausted and I now have to go to work.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 19:25:23 PM »
No UTI, just behavioural unfortunately. She looked right at me when she did it!

No sign of a home but I may have a lead I'm going to follow up, best she gets settled somewhere she'll be happier.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 19:11:35 PM »
ITs 7.11pm here!! Has she been checked for a UTI? Any sign of a home for her?
Please spay your cat

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Why am I up at 6am????
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 19:09:58 PM »
Because Milo has decided to start her protest peeing again. At about 5am she wandered up to the pillow and proceeded to pee all over the duvet right next to my face :sick: So I have had to get up, strip the bed, to discover two other patches where she's peed while I've been asleep. Not impressed. My lovely, freshly washed and dried on the line bed linen. Little madam.

So I guess now I know for sure a multi-cat household isn't really for her :tired:

Link to CatChat