Author Topic: Do past cats come back to visit?  (Read 1889 times)

Offline annettemarie

• Adult Cat
  • My darling Crookie
Re: Do past cats come back to visit?
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 09:44:30 AM »
I do hope so MrsR I heard the cat flap this morning, and when I went out there...no cat.  Unfotunately, two seconds later my dog Pip put her head through it...she was knocking to come in.  Crookie used to do that in and out and in again...it was her signal to open the kitchen door!

I will keep looking...and hoping.

Annettemarie

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 14:28:57 PM »
Feline or human, I do not bellieve anyone really leaves us hun  :hug:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 00:48:57 AM »
The day after my beautiful Biggles died in a RTA both OH and I heard his very distinctive meow at the same time. I think he was saying good bye.

Also feel him curled up on the bed sometimes

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 22:26:00 PM »
I think cats are the most spiritually aware creatures on the planet and being a spiritualiset I believe we are surrounded by those that have passed all the time. My Dad (who has passed) recently played the tricks he used to when he first passed over, I've been a bit down lately and I think he was just letting me know that he and my angels are all there for me, I just have to ask.

I'm lucky, I have yet to have one of my own cats pass but it wont be too long. Dizzy, my furbabe who is in retirement with my Mum is 14, she will go sometime, hopefully a long time yet but I know when she does she will be with my Dad, visiting and looking after me.

If it gives you comfort to believe in the bridge and signs from those who have passed then who is anyone to judge  :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 21:31:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about Crookie  :hug: :hug:

I had a dream about ^George^, he was waiting for me at the backdoor like he always did, i greeted and stroked him and it was amazing how real it felt.

Offline sallyagdm

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Arnie, Gucci and Dandy
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 20:40:29 PM »
I believe that our rainbow babes come back to visit.
I was sceptical at first, considering it wishful thinking until when I got married and after a few weeks my OH said to me that he thought that he was going mad as he kept seeing cats that were not physically there and went on to describe both the cats that I grew up with (I had not said anything to him about this fearing that he would think I was mad)
Since then we have both experienced the feeling of a cat on the bed but nothing to see and have been kept awake at times with loud ghostly purring

Catbird

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 20:07:13 PM »
This thread title assumes they ever really leave.  I am not convinced that that is the case. 

C.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 19:50:51 PM »
I know for a fact that Issey was born on the day that Pooh went missing, Pooh and never been found so I am pretty sure he is dead....
Issey is so like Pooh it's almost untrue, not in colour but in everything she does.
I am sure that Pooh sent Issey to Me xx

Offline annettemarie

• Adult Cat
  • My darling Crookie
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 19:37:00 PM »
Thank you so much for your really kind words...I'm open to the whole thing, so I hope Crookie will send a sign too.

My mum dreamed of Crookie last night, she turned round and she was in the kitchen...I was hoping to dream of her too....but its early days I guess.

Annettemarie x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 18:07:29 PM »
Yes there are posts on here where peeps have said that they have had visits  and others who have incidents that sound like they are related to their cats  ;D

There is so much we dont know and I am sure that you will get a sign from Crookie when she has settled on the Bridge.

I had a rainbow over Kockas grave a couple of weeks after she went to the Bridge and then a huge one about 3 months later where the end dropped to the ground about 20 foot away.

Two days ago there was the end of a huge one coming out of the sea infront of me and disapearing into the clouds above.............so like the entrance to the Bridge.

Rainbows have always fascinated me but have never seen such spectacular ones so close, until last 3 years and they have such a different meaning now  ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 18:05:01 PM »
I don't think you're grabbing at straws.

When we first lost Parsley I went to bed that night and felt a cat climb on the bed. Assuming it was one of our others, I sat up to fuss them - there was no cat there that I could see. I still believe that was Parsley making sure I was OK.

And I'm quite convinced when the tap suddenly runs a small amount for no apparant reason that's Toby letting me know he's still about. (He was obsessed with taps.)

I don't think you ever stop missing your feline family members after you lose them, but it does get easier to think about them and smile not cry.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline annettemarie

• Adult Cat
  • My darling Crookie
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 16:15:11 PM »
Thanks Gwen, that sounds beautiful....I am so sorry for your losses...its hard isn't it. 

Crookie was a poppet...and her passing will be hard to get over...as you say, they stay with you forever don't they, even if they aren't here in body.

Annettemarie  :Luv:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 16:11:54 PM »
After my Pwt and Sammy died I had a rainbow,I believe it was from them,Pwt sent me one within 2 weeks and Sammy(my precious Samoyed) sent me one within days of her passing.  I carry them in my heart therefore they are always with me,they might be gone phyisically but they are always in my heart and for me thats more important.

RIP Cookie,what a beautiful cat he was :Luv2:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline annettemarie

• Adult Cat
  • My darling Crookie
Do past cats come back to visit?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 16:05:55 PM »
My precious Crookie cat passed on yesterday, and I am still raw with the grief of it all.

I was wondering if people had any stories of their own poppets who have passed on to the Rainbow Bridge every coming back for a wee visit?

I have asked for a sign shes OK, and am having an open mind to the whole thing?  Or am I just grabbing at straws?

Annettemarie

Link to CatChat