Author Topic: How Clean Is Your Home?  (Read 1327 times)

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
Re: How Clean Is Your Home?
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 19:10:54 PM »
I agree. If you use something like Cats Best OKO, the wee clumps as well so you can remove it with the poo so the ray doesn't smell. I have 5 trays around the house but we (hopefully) don't have any smell around as I check them twice a day + remove any inbetween poos and tie everything up in bags (the medium food bags from Wilkinsons are good as they are a good size.)
We use this litter.  Our tray is emptied at least twice a day and the removed items tied in fragranced nappy sacks from Wilkos (38p for 50)

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26287.0.html

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 19:07:21 PM »
I have 6 litter trays and rarely notice any smell from them, have asked others too and they can't smell them either. I use Cat's Best OKO, scoop thoroughly daily and scoop poo when I see it. I keep a Litter Locker in the house which makes it easy and keeps all smells locked in. Once a week they're emptied, washed with hot soapy water then I use Clean & Safe coconut discinfectant that's safe for litter trays.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 19:02:22 PM »
I agree. If you use something like Cats Best OKO, the wee clumps as well so you can remove it with the poo so the ray doesn't smell. I have 5 trays around the house but we (hopefully) don't have any smell around as I check them twice a day + remove any inbetween poos and tie everything up in bags (the medium food bags from Wilkinsons are good as they are a good size.)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 18:53:42 PM »
What type of litter are you using as that makes the most difference!

Offline Leedsboi86

• Adult Cat
How Clean Is Your Home?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 17:36:21 PM »
Hello everyone.

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile but I have had afew problems with internet and also emptying kitchen(Getting a new kitchen fitted next week)
now I think it's safe to say that everyone wants a lovely fresh smelling home, But with cat trays how do we keep on top of it.

I clean my Cat Trays daily and when possible I remove the poop whenever one of my cats have used the tray.

But when I have been out or it's a warm day(My apartment gets very hot) I still get a whiff on cat tray when I have been out.
I do keep on top of the trays but are there any tips to keep the smell at bay?

I do use air freshners but prefer not to as they smell very fake and neither me or my partner(when he stays over) likes them.

Are there any tips and tricks ppl on here do to have a fresh smell or a pleasant smell in there homes where the cat trays are?

Link to CatChat