Author Topic: Butter wouldn't melt  (Read 1577 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Butter wouldn't melt
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 20:51:59 PM »
I have friends who visit who automatically sit on the floor - we have 2 couches in the lounge plus armchairs and the same in the conservatory and its the cats spots - we also have to remove 4 beds of the diningroom table and chairs should we want to be posh and eat at teh table :rofl:
[/color]

Love it  :Luv2: :rofl: :rofl: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 17:17:18 PM »
I have friends who visit who automatically sit on the floor - we have 2 couches in the lounge plus armchairs and the same in the conservatory and its the cats spots - we also have to remove 4 beds of the diningroom table and chairs should we want to be posh and eat at teh table :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 14:34:08 PM »
Yep, you are now under the paw  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hug:

Bonnie always used to sleep at one side of the bed and NEVER the other BUT just lately if I get up during the night I come back and she has my side and I HAVE to have hers  :rofl: :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 10:45:52 AM »
It's the same here - the house is littered with cat beds as well as sofas, armchairs etc etc - there are 3 spare bedrooms they can choose from as well  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 10:34:26 AM »
Well normally she'll get shifted as there's tons of places for her to sit that don't include pinching my warm spot, but she's discovered the secret of buttering us up and doing the 'Puss in Boots' eyes at us. Sneaky madam!

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 09:14:40 AM »
Sounds like our house - not unusual for Mr Kirst or me to be on the floor and the cats draped over the sofas!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 07:59:58 AM »
Yes I am very familiar with that scenario. In our basement living room there are 2 sofas. I share one with Alice. It is a 3-seater. There are beds at each end (one heated & one not) so one gap in the middle for me. So often, I get up to get a drink or something and come back to find Alice in my spot. She does the doe eyes at me and I end up sitting on the floor until she decides to move  :Luv2:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 06:56:05 AM »
 :evillaugh:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 02:14:26 AM »
She has won  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
Butter wouldn't melt
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 01:28:17 AM »
The other night I was sat on the sofa with Si. I got up to go into the kitchen for a drink, came back a minute later to find that Pepsi had settled herself in my spot. Whenever she does this I normally pick her up and move her so I can sit back down but this time she looked at me, (I swear she sighed), then shuffled over sideways a little bit, sat down again and gave me a hopeful look. I was laughing so much at her I couldn't chuck her off the sofa so I squeezed myself in between her and OH  :rofl:

However, I think from this she's learnt she can charm her way into anyone's seat. Just now Phil got up to go into the kitchen and immediately Pepsi jumped up and ran onto his chair. We laughed at her so he came back in to look and she gave him a little mew and flipped over for chin tickles and started purring  :Luv: Instead of shifting her off his chair, he gave her some belly rubs and she lapped it up, then when he went back into the kitchen she curled up and started snoozing  :evillaugh:

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Link to CatChat