Author Topic: i have a question  (Read 1731 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: i have a question
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 22:07:16 PM »
I think a slightly drippy tap is about the best but not always practical

A wide dish is often prefered eg casserole rim sized or something i personally privately laughed at was a "glass" when i heard a couple of members here gave their cats water in one but low and behold who's cat has his own wee personal glass now which sits out all the time for him  :-[   :evillaugh:

Its not a large glass and since he eats only dried food he drinks a good bit and knows exactly how to turn on the guilt trip if i forget to refill it by sitting trying to fish water out with his paw  :innocent:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 21:18:44 PM »
I had a drinkwell foundtain and my lot all hated it  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I ended up donating it to another Purrs member and her gang love it.

The funny thing is all my lot love drinking water from the running tap .... funny creatures!
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 15:01:36 PM »
They are mains - although the platinum one has a transformer which I would think is safer as the transformer bit plugs into the wall so only low voltage going into the machine. With with standard one, the mains goes straight in  :scared:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 14:11:01 PM »
being a bit blonde here (hehe) do these fountains plug into the mains or do they run on batteries.........just thought that the girls might like one  :thanks:
People who don't like cats were mice in a previous life!!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 14:00:52 PM »
I have a platinum now and it's worth the extra money if you can stretch. Compared to the standard it's much quieter as the motor is totally submerged, easier to clean as it come apart easier and with the extra water tank, doesn't need filling so often. I don't think the filters do much so unlikely I will buy any more. just give it a good wash & rinse once a week and it's fine.

As far as I know, they are 10% off at vet UK at the moment - don't forget to buy through a rescue link so they get 5% commission. (I was lucky and got 20% off  a while ago)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 14:01:48 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 13:15:59 PM »
I'm waiting for mine to arrive in the post.

One of our foster kittens Harley likes to splash this means my hardwood floor is covered with water which is getting onto the bookcases (which I have to hide from the husband).

fingers cross this will cure her of the splashing....

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 13:13:13 PM »
We have got the drinkwell platinum and its great, they all drink out of it and the Bengals think that its their own personal shower
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline melysion

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 10:32:23 AM »
Thanks for your reply! Toby has a mostly wet food diet and doesnt drink very much. I had a cat-it fountain until very recently but it broke down and he is back on a water bowl at the moment. Are drinkwell fountains good?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 10:26:29 AM »
Kylie loves hers and drinks a lot more than she used to which can't be a bad thing.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 09:29:18 AM »
I know quite a few people on here have water fountains for their cats and know many of the cats do enjoy a little drink from them. Of course if a cat has only wet food we do not need to worry unduly by the appearance of cats seeming to drink not  much water (although fresh water should be provided every day). If you look at the ingredients on tins you will notice that most have a very high water content most in the high 70%'s  - high 80%'s
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline melysion

• Adult Cat
i have a question
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 09:01:35 AM »
Has anyone tried cat water fountains here? Do you think your cat drinks more water as a result? thanks

Link to CatChat