Author Topic: Really good cat grooming day  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Really good cat grooming day
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 17:56:27 PM »
Just imagine all the Purrs calenders you'll be able to buy with all this money your making :innocent:

:shify:

LOL! trouble is, I'm not charging anywhere near my normal grooming fee for these taster sessions, I felt as long as we can work up to a real grooming session its all worth it.  :)

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 17:29:20 PM »
Just imagine all the Purrs calenders you'll be able to buy with all this money your making :innocent:

:shify:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 17:19:29 PM »
Well done you  :wow:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 17:16:38 PM »
Thats great, well done  ;D

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 16:49:35 PM »
 ;D well done you!!!!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Really good cat grooming day
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 16:28:17 PM »
I've had a new cat grooming customer today. She'd got in contact to book up cat-sitting for her cats over Christmas, but asked about grooming as well as she has a persian who hates being groomed and has to be sedated at the vets for shaving quite often. Added to that she had a groomer come to the house one time, who gave the cat a sedative  :omg: (think its actually illegal for anyone other than a vet or the owner to do that) and pinned the cat down to groom - in the end the owner asked her to leave. All this has left the cat unable to be groomed properly. The cat is getting on and constant sedating is not an option anymore so I suggested bringing her to me for 'taster' sessions to try and get her used to grooming.

Anyway, today was just a get to know each other (LOL!) session, a little bit of gentle stroking with a piece of sheepskin (impregnated with felifriend), whilst feeding bits of ham every now and then! Well it worked, and I was even able to run a brush over her, all in all we spent about half and hour, which the customer said was the longest the cat has ever tolerated being groomed, without stress, so I'm really chuffed  :yayyy: Customer is bringing her again next week for another session, so I think we can gradually work up to her being groomed properly without stress over a period of time, and when I look after her over christmas she will already be used to me and I'll hopefully be able to do some more then as well.

Link to CatChat