Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790287 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #3460 on: August 17, 2011, 06:54:32 AM »
Very importunt - keepin der setee warm.  Paddy told me that, I distinctly remembers.   ;) :evillaugh: :hug:

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3459 on: August 16, 2011, 20:22:44 PM »
I bet the vet nurse had a great time writing those names on the vaccination cards  :evillaugh:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #3458 on: August 16, 2011, 18:50:53 PM »
Julie took me to vets today along with Baby Bea,Scallywag,Nauticalbutnice, Blackbeard and Sinbad, they have all had first vaccinations. Poor Baby Bea was terrified but soon calmed down once we returned home and Julie put her back in her Pen. Julie spent the rest of the day providing playtime and cuddles for all the inmates while I did a very important job, I kept the settee warm  :rofl:

That's brilliant about Fontaine - I wonder when it will be her mum's turn.

Me too October is getting worryingly close  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #3457 on: August 15, 2011, 16:04:24 PM »
That's brilliant about Fontaine - I wonder when it will be her mum's turn.

Scallywag looks like his name suits him.  :Luv2:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3456 on: August 15, 2011, 10:25:54 AM »
The good news is that Fontaine has been reserved, she will leave us next Saturday to go and live with Binny and Baggy, remember those little loves found in dustbin along with Lil Scruffs Bumpty.
Kittens are all doing well now and Grotbag has started to wash herself more, she has been told she keeps that name until she cleans up her act  :rofl:
Seafarers are totally mad and wear you out in no time but very lovable esp little Scallywag.
Baby Bea is a real lady now and her fur is really thickening up and getting longer by the day, hopefully we will be taking her and the 4 seafarers to vet for fist vaccs this week.
They are all missing Aunty Carol and send  :hug: :hug: :hug: Also  :hug: :hug: to Aunty Suepoo and baby Mac

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3455 on: August 15, 2011, 06:51:12 AM »
Popping by to say "Hi" to Aunty T and the gang.   Sending love and snoozles from me and Mac   :hug: :hug: :cat rub:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3454 on: August 14, 2011, 18:57:55 PM »
Sending lots of these  :hug: :hug:  :hug:  to all at the Inn, be they human or furry.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #3453 on: August 13, 2011, 08:44:45 AM »
Yay - another one hapily homed! :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3452 on: August 13, 2011, 08:06:15 AM »
What lovely pics of the new arrivals! Is there some boating connection to the seafarers?

Also been meaning to ask what happened to timid little Heidi whom I met at the Inn when I helped out earlier in the year (think it was when Debbie, Claire and I did the Pets at Home thing)? I'm assuming she was re-homed?

Seafarers connection is a joke for Carol Wendolene who helps us out when she is not doing nautical things, our way of letting her know we miss her.

Heidi got the most brilliant home and is now a confident girl with her very own cat friend. 

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #3451 on: August 12, 2011, 20:16:29 PM »
What lovely pics of the new arrivals! Is there some boating connection to the seafarers?

Also been meaning to ask what happened to timid little Heidi whom I met at the Inn when I helped out earlier in the year (think it was when Debbie, Claire and I did the Pets at Home thing)? I'm assuming she was re-homed?

Lovely pics of Darth and Akamaro Alikat! Talk about 'salt n pepper'! ;)

Hope you're taking it easy T!

Sx

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3450 on: August 12, 2011, 18:42:04 PM »
Ali what fantastic pics and videos, I loved the Jedi 1. Akarmaru`s eye is perfect now and hes grown so much, Vader looks cute with 2 tiny fangs showing and Tachi just splendid.What lucky boys they are.

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #3449 on: August 12, 2011, 08:34:46 AM »
OMG, cuteness overload  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Baby Bea is a little princess  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3448 on: August 12, 2011, 07:06:29 AM »
Oh wow - what fabby pics to start the day!!!  Thank you Aunty T  :wow:

Loving the names, although not so sure either about Fleabag and Grotbag   :evillaugh:    I don't think "Kim" and Aggie" would work either.  ;)  How about Odette and Cecille?  Am sure they will grow up to be very clean and tidy and always to polish their shoes and slick their hair down neatly.   :Luv:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #3447 on: August 12, 2011, 06:52:10 AM »
Great pics of the gorgeous kittens :Luv2: :Luv:  Love the seafarers names as for fleabag and grotbag, well the jury is still out on those  :rofl:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #3446 on: August 11, 2011, 21:00:21 PM »
Just been catching up. Sorry I missed the Open Day. Things have been hectic my end to say the least.

Those kittens are gorgeous!!!!

Speaking of kittens, Akamaru still acts like one:

http://youtu.be/mT8829YOJo0

:Luv:

Thought I'd best show you some photos before I get told off for being away for so long:

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 23:36:28 PM by AliCat - NSKN »

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3445 on: August 11, 2011, 19:50:05 PM »
:naughty:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3444 on: August 11, 2011, 18:06:14 PM »
Then theres Fleabag and Grotbag  :rofl:

And a very spoilt BabyBea

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3443 on: August 11, 2011, 18:03:06 PM »
Carol cant you tell Debbie and I have been talking about you  :rofl: :rofl:
Sinbad, Blackbeard, Scallywag and Nauticalbutnice.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3442 on: August 10, 2011, 20:05:09 PM »
Oh yes please - more pics, but make it quick while I'm still in a good connection area and can see them.  :evillaugh:

Glad Baby Bea is progressing and those two girlies look as though they could be her sisters though I know they're not.  :(

The litter of 4 are all good lookers too but then I love blacks and black and whites.  :Luv2:

I hope you have now been forgiven for taking them in.  :hug:

Haven't heard much about Daisy and Buddy recently - have they been homed?  Is Madame Chelsea behaving herself now?

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3441 on: August 10, 2011, 11:01:18 AM »
Lovely to hear the Paws Inn magic is working and that baby Bea is now becing a trainee hooligan and finding nosey toys are fun and the others sound totally adoreable to

The video is fab and thanks for the delay in house work by making me watch it again :rofl:

Hope Aunty T is back in her happy plaice again and seeing just what magic she can do :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3440 on: August 10, 2011, 10:56:50 AM »
Was feeling really pleased that the kittens had all delighted their uncle Rob this morning by behaving like mad maniacs  :rofl: the group of 4 had totally trashed their Pen; the 2 little girls have already mastered the art of climbing their scratching post and looking adoringly at Rob. Something new this morning was a ding, ding, ding, Baby Bea bless her  lay on her back gently batting the toy on her scratching post, a great fete considering she was terrified of the post last week, so all things considered progress has been made. Going to wash the 2 filthy little girls tomorrow when Debbie comes to help, may try for more pics too.

I sat down to rest and decided to watch the Purrs save a life video 3 for the second time, can thoroughly recommend it to anyone who hasnt seen it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAszxwPEv2E    just have tissues to hand; huge thankyou to our wonderful Helen  :hug:  Anyway I thought I wouldnt cry second time but I spotted Christopher and the floodgates opened, tears of joy because Francis gave him and James such a wonderful home.
Isnt life wonderful.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3439 on: August 10, 2011, 07:53:58 AM »
 ;D  Mwah!   Swoons over the delishuss adorable Joonyer Offissur Ripley (of whom we can never have enuff!)   :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: 

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #3438 on: August 10, 2011, 07:49:57 AM »
Here is another Black and White Paws Inn baby  :Luv2:   Ripley loving his mummy

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3437 on: August 10, 2011, 06:53:04 AM »
Aunty T - Macbeenz has seen your latest additions onna pooter, and he was very impressed.  I pointed out tat it wasn't long since he was that little (around 5 weeks in fact) but he just swatted me and danced off.   :evillaugh:

Sending you big squeezy Macbeeny hugs  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #3436 on: August 09, 2011, 22:06:49 PM »
So pleased the kittens have settled in well and are enjoying themselves  ;D

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #3435 on: August 09, 2011, 22:04:23 PM »
Awwww they know where they are loved and looked after, bless them all!   :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:  and lots of  :hug: :hug: :hug: to you T for making it happen! x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3434 on: August 09, 2011, 21:39:18 PM »
Rob just been peeping through the window unknown to all the kittens, they are running about playing like little maniacs in their pens, no wonder they were asleep all afternoon  :rofl:. Even Baby Bea is leaping about in her Pen, good job we moved Chelsea she would have been growling and telling them all be quiet and get to sleep  :rofl: :rofl:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3433 on: August 09, 2011, 21:30:22 PM »
 :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: for you T and more  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   :hug: for the new kittens.

....and as for Madame Chelsea, how can she not like her new luxury pen. :shocked:

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #3432 on: August 09, 2011, 19:40:32 PM »
T - just seen the latest Paws news now (after sending you a PM!).

You really are an amazing woman and many people, and literally thousands of cats, appreciate your kindness and love  :hug:

Hope you're feeling a bit brighter now.

The new arrivals are all stunning whether they're flea ridden or not!

Sx

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3431 on: August 09, 2011, 14:48:04 PM »
I purposely avoided "telling you off." Rescue is your calling and you can no more close the doors when you know  there are little ones that need help than you can go without food, I think. (Although with everything you have to do I bet  that gets put on the back burner sometimes.... ;)) But please make sure you take care of you, as well!

The little ones are adorable. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3430 on: August 09, 2011, 13:52:52 PM »
Now Aunty T don't let outside influences change your wonderful mood or the charges in your care

You have stepped in and helped again well above and beyond the call of duty you are a very special lady and all your charges are so very lucky to have found you

So its three cheers for our Aunty T and the Clan can send the ferals to sort out those nasty folks  :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #3429 on: August 09, 2011, 13:33:40 PM »
Just wanted to send you some  :hug: :hug: :hug: T and special purrs from Hobbes and Luna to give you a lift.

Don't let the  :censored: get you down, Baby Bea and all the other little ones appreciate you as do your friends here on Purrs.

The world needs more people like you T  :hug:

Hobbes says he like to leave some food for politeness too but Luna decides that politeness is vastly overrated and finishes it off for him  :rofl:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #3428 on: August 09, 2011, 12:49:38 PM »
The little boy, does he look a bit like ChrisB's Peter, who just passed to the Bridge last night?

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,35239.msg680803.html#msg680803

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #3427 on: August 09, 2011, 11:35:48 AM »
Come on T, don't let them grind you down. You were in such high spirits on Saturday  :hug:

Please can you name a kitten after me...surely the matathon trip I made had earnt the honour...?  ;D If you do, please just make sure its definitely a girlie kitten  :rofl:
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3426 on: August 09, 2011, 10:41:10 AM »
I am not going to answer the phone today, I feel like public enemy number one for helping a few little kittens; ok Chelsea had grown rather attached to her small Pen but the madam can just get used to her luxury one with outside run , the 4 big kittens have been sick and made a mess and it took Rob an extra hour to do mucking out , the 2 little girlie kittens seem fine and BabyBea is being groomed for miss world  :rofl:
So many names to come up with but I need to get my happy head on first.

Teresa, I firmly believe you reap what you sow, and you, Teresa, are one hell of a farmer.  :gold stars:

Every moment of care you invest makes you stronger and more cared about. Feel the force! :you go girl:

Been at a very low ebb overnight and this cheered me up, thank you so much  :hug:

Modified to say I have been upset by reactions off forum, not by anyone on Purrs.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 11:27:46 AM by Teresa Pawcats »

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #3425 on: August 09, 2011, 07:47:07 AM »
Aww, all those new babies are adorable  :Luv: So glad to hear that Bea is doing so well  :Luv2:

Look after yourself Teresa  :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3424 on: August 09, 2011, 06:55:01 AM »
 :hug: :hug:  Teresa, wummin - you can't deny your nature, can you?!  :hug:

Beautiful babies, and heartwarming to hear how much Bea has gained confidence in you.   Mac likes to "leave somefor later" too, but he bargains without Tess the hoover dog....  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3423 on: August 08, 2011, 23:13:56 PM »
I could have sworn I read a thread that said Paws Inn had closed it's doors  :-:  suppose these climbed in through the window then eh Teresa  :innocent: :evillaugh: :naughty:

That did make me  :evillaugh: Maybe a 'scaling back' rather than a 'closing doors' eh?  :hug:

They are gorgeous Teresa, I hope you can find them fab homes  :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #3422 on: August 08, 2011, 22:30:22 PM »
Awwwww they're beautiful!!    :Luv2: :Luv2:  I'm sure they'll all soon be well with you looking after them Teresa!   :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #3421 on: August 08, 2011, 20:20:01 PM »
Teresa, I firmly believe you reap what you sow, and you, Teresa, are one hell of a farmer.  :gold stars:

Every moment of care you invest makes you stronger and more cared about. Feel the force! :you go girl:

Link to CatChat