Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790292 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #2340 on: January 13, 2011, 08:35:12 AM »
what fantastic photos  :Luv2:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2339 on: January 13, 2011, 07:55:00 AM »
 :evillaugh:  They certainly did - how on earth did you get them all to gaze so adoringly at you, all at once - altogether?  :wow:   Wunnerful.   :Luv:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2338 on: January 13, 2011, 07:43:57 AM »
Hope these will bring a few much needed smiles to everyone  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2337 on: January 12, 2011, 23:52:52 PM »
I am really hurting too much to do justice to the beautiful girl I need to tell you about.
Our beautiful feral girl Hettie was the first ever feral cat we released here 13 years ago, she took over our greenhouse and shared her food with cats and foxes alike over the years. She never allowed us nearer than 3 feet from her and in all these years we have never been allowed to touch her, she never asked for anything other than regular meals and several beds to be left in the greenhouse for herself and her friends; I must admit she took great delight in receiving 2 beautiful blankets from Pav which she loved to curl up in. Hettie took Wilma under her wing after Monica died and this afternoon Wilma came running to the house in a very agitated manner letting me know something was wrong. I found Hettie collapsed and crying in the greenhouse.
Somehow I managed to get Hettie in a cat carrier without distressing her and rushed her to the vet. Hettie was 18years old and sadly her time had come, she lay on Pavs pink blanket and allowed me to hold and stroke her while she slipped away. I feel so honoured to have shared this beautiful brave girls life who was loved by so many of us from a distance.
OH No , Teresa. I am so so sorry i missed this .
Beautiful Hettie  :'( :'( :'(
 RIP Sweet girl. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2336 on: January 12, 2011, 22:54:32 PM »
Glad you are feeling better x

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2335 on: January 12, 2011, 19:59:37 PM »
Looking forward to the naming of the magnificent 7 I think they are just gorgeous and so lucky to be Paws Inn babies with Auntie T for a Mummy

The ferals bring laughter and tears and Hettie seemed to bring both  - we will remember her with a smile a rare thing in deed a feral lady with a wonderful human Mum :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #2334 on: January 12, 2011, 19:33:04 PM »
Glad the spays went well and trust the ladies are home now.  :hug:

Looking forward to hearing the names of the seven dwarfs when they get them.  :Luv:

I hope you are looking after yourself as well as the kitties in your care T.  :care:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2333 on: January 12, 2011, 18:24:56 PM »
Steff my advice make the phonecall and hopefully you will be reassured and if God forbid things have gone wrong you get chance to put them right and more importantly we all learn from mistakes  :hug:
Hettie has provided me with lots of happy thoughts and lots of tears, she was so special and I am so grateful she gave herself to me at the end.

Now these dwarfs, daft as it sounds I need the luxury of choosing their names myself and I need to base their names on their characters, I have named one so far and believe me Dopey, grumpy etc dont come into it  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #2332 on: January 12, 2011, 18:17:00 PM »
After being nicknamed the seven dwarfs I do hope they eventually get named the proper seven dwarf names ;) I'd feel mean having to pick a "Dopey" though.

Life at the Inn always goes on but I hope you have had a little time to think of Hettie T and I hope all her friends are ok and not missing her too much. I do still worry about the two feral adults (Tia and TwoFace) that I released at the farm. Part of me wants to ring and check they are ok and the other part of me doesn't just in case something bad has happened (like they disappeared or something) :(
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2331 on: January 12, 2011, 16:11:57 PM »

Yes indeed Teresa.  It must be a constant worry, when you care for them all just as much - indoor/outdoor, domesticated or feral.   :hug:

Am so pleased all went well at the Vets  :)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2330 on: January 12, 2011, 16:07:01 PM »
:rofl:
  Many of our ferals getting older now and I'm always concerned they'll be ok.

RIP little Hettie xx

The hardest part in caring for true ferals is the worry that the day will come when they need help and wondering if they will allow themselves to be caught, after all a trap is useless to a cat that doesnt want food. In truth I have spent the last 5 winters worrying myself sick about Hettie. You have to live amongst ferals to realise that so many can and do just disappear and die. I am thankful that both Monica and Hettie allowed me the final favour of helping them.
Lucy, Annabel and Sophie all been spayed and chipped today and all ok, Rob is collecting them from vets after work.
7 Dwarfs still unnamed think I like it this way  :rofl: 6 of them eating for England, the seventh being a picky little madam. They will be 3 weeks tomorrow may try swimming lessons in kitten soup  :rofl: perhaps not, will see how much strength I have tomorrow.
All big kittens having great fun and doing well.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2329 on: January 12, 2011, 08:33:39 AM »
 :'( So sorry to read about Hettie and hope that Wilma will be ok, glad she is with Milly.  Many of our ferals getting older now and I'm always concerned they'll be ok.

RIP little Hettie xx

Gorgeous little black/grey babies  :Luv:  :Luv:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:35:00 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2328 on: January 12, 2011, 06:57:37 AM »
Don't they just bring a huge grin to your face?!   ;D  They're lovely little kittens.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2327 on: January 11, 2011, 22:49:10 PM »
One of those kittens is really long! I thought it was two at first. Gosh, they look hard done by..... :evillaugh:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2326 on: January 11, 2011, 21:28:33 PM »
No wonder they're veering towards constipation  :rofl:  :rofl: (you know I don't meant it)

Best wishes to Sophie, Annabel and Lucy for tomorrow.  :hug:  Hope they don't give you any trouble in the morning T.  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2325 on: January 11, 2011, 19:30:49 PM »
Thats kitten abuse that it! I think I shall have to come and rescue them immediately! ;) :evillaugh:

Too late Kirst, I'm on my way  :naughty:  :car:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #2324 on: January 11, 2011, 19:14:37 PM »
Thats kitten abuse that it! I think I shall have to come and rescue them immediately! ;) :evillaugh:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2323 on: January 11, 2011, 18:19:11 PM »
Cruelty at the Inn
7 kittens forced to share 1 tiny tray, the poor things havent even got a grain of litter in the tray.  :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2322 on: January 11, 2011, 17:47:45 PM »
So sorry to hear of Hettie's passing. A truly beautiful feral cat if I ever saw one.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2321 on: January 11, 2011, 11:24:55 AM »
Wilma and Milly amazingly are lying together on Hetties bed .

Aww bless, that's wonderful that they're comforting each other. Amazing creatures.  :hug:

Sorry the tinies had to visit the vet and hope they're back on form very soon.  Glad the mutiny seems to be over but  :smack: to Chelsea, she is a very norty girl.  I hope little Grace is enjoying her new position indoors.

Take the phone off the hook and put your feet up - you deserve some R&R.   :hug:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #2320 on: January 11, 2011, 11:23:33 AM »
So very sorry to hear that Hettie has gone - I know how special she was to you. :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2319 on: January 11, 2011, 11:08:13 AM »
Wilma and Milly amazingly are lying together on Hetties bed and this morning a strange tortie vacated the bunker at 5am, strange happenings indeed, I will have to investigate whether or not she has an owner.
The mutinous kittens have settled down and become friends again and everything seems to be back on track apart from Chelsea who decided it would be good fun to lacerate Robs hand this morning.
The 7 tinies (still unnamed) have been to vet this morning, nothing really wrong just one with poor appetite and all veering towards constipation.
Phones driving me mad with incessant ringing, think perhaps I will have a look at some paint charts and choose colour scheme for isolation block which I need to decorate.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2318 on: January 11, 2011, 10:02:29 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #2317 on: January 10, 2011, 23:06:19 PM »
So sorry Teresa  :hug: and thinking too of Wilma.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2316 on: January 10, 2011, 22:57:20 PM »
I'm so sorry about Hettie  :hug: :hug: :hug:  She knew she was loved and she loved you in her own way.  I'm glad she let you hold and stroke her at the end.   My thoughts are with you and poor Wilma who must be feeling the pain too.  :hug:  I remember how pleased you were that day back in October when you looked out of the window and saw Hettie and Wilma sharing a bed for the first time.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2315 on: January 10, 2011, 22:48:46 PM »
I'm so sorry T  :hug: :hug:

Sweet dreams little one  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2314 on: January 10, 2011, 19:08:47 PM »
T so sorry for the loss of Hettie you gave her a wonderful life with you and at the end she shared with you the most special thing she had she let you hold her fro her final journery a very special feral with a very special Mummy :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #2313 on: January 10, 2011, 18:51:27 PM »
I can only echoe all of the beautiful words our purrs family members have already put. Massive hugs to you T xxxx
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #2312 on: January 10, 2011, 18:47:05 PM »
Oh dear T, what awful news. So upsetting for you and of course it'll be upsetting for poor little Wilma.

:hug: to all,

S.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2311 on: January 10, 2011, 18:14:31 PM »
I'm sorry to hear this Teresa but as others have said the life she would have had without you would have been awful

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2310 on: January 10, 2011, 18:05:57 PM »
You gave Hettie had a life she  never dreamt she would ever have -try to think of that -I'm sure she wouldn't want to see you so sad.
Sweet Dreams little lady

Very well put and can only echo this  :hug:

RIP Hettie, safe and sound at the Bridge by now xx

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2309 on: January 10, 2011, 17:54:43 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear this, Teresa. I think what you had with Hettie was just amazing, because unlike a lot of people what mattered to you was allowing Hettie to be the one to choose the boundaries in the relationship. (I think a lot of folk, not the majority on here clearly but in general feel they have the right to choose an animals comfort levels and it saddens me.)

I'm glad she got to live with someone that embraced her purely for being the wonderful individual she was.

RIP Hettie. Loved always.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2308 on: January 10, 2011, 17:53:31 PM »
so touching that the 3 foot between your helping hand and Hettie for so much of her life shrank to nothing at her passing, and you were able to see her on her way :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2307 on: January 10, 2011, 17:45:29 PM »
You gave Hettie had a life she  never dreamt she would ever have -try to think of that -I'm sure she wouldn't want to see you so sad.
Sweet Dreams little lady
Valerie and all my pets

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2306 on: January 10, 2011, 17:40:52 PM »

Oh Teresa.   :(  Poor Hettie.  How touching that Wilma came to tell you something was so very wrong with her friend, and knew that you would help.  :hug: :hug:

Safe journey, Hettie.

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2305 on: January 10, 2011, 17:27:20 PM »
sorry to hear about poor Hettie.     She's with her best friend again now  :hug:
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #2304 on: January 10, 2011, 17:16:04 PM »
I'm so, so sorry to read this Teresa.  :( Hettie was a wonderful age and that's all down to the love and care given by you. Lots of these  :hug: :hug: :hug: to you. You've had a hell of a few months!  :'(

Sweet dreams little Hettie  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2303 on: January 10, 2011, 16:52:25 PM »
I am really hurting too much to do justice to the beautiful girl I need to tell you about.
Our beautiful feral girl Hettie was the first ever feral cat we released here 13 years ago, she took over our greenhouse and shared her food with cats and foxes alike over the years. She never allowed us nearer than 3 feet from her and in all these years we have never been allowed to touch her, she never asked for anything other than regular meals and several beds to be left in the greenhouse for herself and her friends; I must admit she took great delight in receiving 2 beautiful blankets from Pav which she loved to curl up in. Hettie took Wilma under her wing after Monica died and this afternoon Wilma came running to the house in a very agitated manner letting me know something was wrong. I found Hettie collapsed and crying in the greenhouse.
Somehow I managed to get Hettie in a cat carrier without distressing her and rushed her to the vet. Hettie was 18years old and sadly her time had come, she lay on Pavs pink blanket and allowed me to hold and stroke her while she slipped away. I feel so honoured to have shared this beautiful brave girls life who was loved by so many of us from a distance.

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2302 on: January 09, 2011, 18:36:43 PM »
how old is Sunshine now?
I found with boris his coordination seemed to improve a little as his muscles strengthened -the truth is it doesn't alter much but the body is able to support itself better which all helps
Valerie and all my pets

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2301 on: January 09, 2011, 16:40:39 PM »
 :evillaugh:  Mutiny indeed.  Purrfidy, in fact.  ;) :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat