Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790286 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #1860 on: October 15, 2010, 15:21:12 PM »

That's splendid news Teresa!  :wow:  (Although like you, I don't understand what's wrong with the names.....?)   :evillaugh:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #1859 on: October 15, 2010, 15:08:28 PM »
Just taken a reserve on Captain Plugwash and Colonel Leaky and the people dont like their names  :shocked: I cant think why, I think their names are so  8) along with Sergeant Ubend who will also be having a name change when he goes to his new home at the end of the month. People just dont share my good taste in names  :rofl:

Got a vet appointment with Bonny at 5.30, she looks like she may be having a bit of a relapse so not taking any chances with her.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1858 on: October 15, 2010, 09:59:17 AM »
I`m absolutely delighted that Francis has adopted Christopher and James, both will always hold a special place in my heart, will look forward to regular updates.
We ended up taking Chelsea`s kitten Dodger to vet late yesterday afternoon for antibiotic jabs as he has developed very sore eyes, mum is a known carrier.He howled all the way there and acted like a true feral displaying claws in fine style, I was ashamed of him  :rofl:
Annabels babies are little dumplings  :Luv: 2 of them 1 black/white and the tortie have eyes open, the 2nd black/white is trying while little Norman Wisdom the youngest still has his firmly shut. I came up with 3 names for the girls and have forgotten them , they were all ballerinas  :rofl: Giselle, ? ? guess I`m useless  :rofl:
Still not sorted names for Sophies 7 who are starting to look like real kittens now and learning to climb on the scratching post, still doing stray poops but problem not as bad as it was.A couple of the tabbies are looking decidedly fluffy now.
Keeping an eye on Grace and Bonny who have turned their noses up at breakfast this morning, got a feeling it could be that they didnt like the turkey flavour  :rofl:
All inmates happy and well.

People coming at 1 to look at Hannah and then people coming at 2 to look for 1 or 2 kittens so everything crossed.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #1857 on: October 15, 2010, 06:57:41 AM »

So pleased that Christopher and James are in their new home, and look forward to hearing how they're getting on.

Teresa, topping up the cuddles for you too.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1856 on: October 14, 2010, 22:23:12 PM »
Lovely news about Christopher and James   :Luv2: -i expect it will take some time for them to get used to living in a home, won't it? Best of luck Frances and looking forward to their own thread in the future!  :hug:

Thanks Sarah and Helen, i'm feeling better today thanks. My son's home this weekend and i'm having a night out on sat, so something to look forward to!  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #1855 on: October 14, 2010, 22:17:37 PM »
 :wooooo: :wooooo: for Christopher and James  :wow: So pleased for you Frances, look forward to hearing (and seeing!) how they're settling in  :)

Glad all feline residents are doing OK, doubly glad that Olly was found safe and well. It's probably just as well that you hadn't noticed he'd gone as you'd have been beside yourself  :hug:

Glad the steroids are kicking in Teresa, shame about the after effects though  :hug: Could you take Nytol or something like that with the meds you're on?   :hug:

:hug: for Shirley too

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #1854 on: October 14, 2010, 21:48:20 PM »
Aw, that's lovely Frances. I'm so, so glad they've found a wonderful forever home  :)

Sorry to hear you've had a bad week Shirley - Friday tomorrow so hope things start looking up for you over the weekend.

Hope poor little (or big!) Olly has recovered T. He's such a sweet gent isn't he?

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #1853 on: October 14, 2010, 21:34:31 PM »
Awwwww that's so lovely to hear!  :Luv: :Luv:

Cannot wait to hear more and of course....see piccies!  :evillaugh:

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #1852 on: October 14, 2010, 21:30:40 PM »
I'm pleased to say that Christopher and James are now at home with me  ;D ;D ;D.  They are both a bit bewildered at the moment but have found their tray, food and water and the rest will come with time. 

I'd like to say a huge thank you to Teresa for letting me have these beautiful cats.  I’m in awe of the amount of work she and Rob put into the cats at Paws Inn and the love and care they invest is reflected in the happy and confident animals they rehome.

I’ll start a Christopher and James thread in Cat Chat once we’ve all had a chance to settle (and I’ve taken a few photos!).

:)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #1851 on: October 14, 2010, 18:33:31 PM »
Glad that homing seems to be moving again and hope it continues.  :hug:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #1850 on: October 14, 2010, 13:46:45 PM »
Poor Olly. Bet he enjoyed his adventure a bit though!  :evillaugh:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1849 on: October 14, 2010, 11:13:31 AM »
Thanks Teresa, they will!  :hug:

Awww poor Olly! Hope he's enjoying his home comforts again  :Luv2:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1848 on: October 14, 2010, 09:16:39 AM »
Shirley look to the future, your memories will always be safe within your mind.  :hug:

I may have been sat up through the night but I didnt even notice that Olly wasnt in his bed, Rob found him outside at 4.30 am cold but patiently waiting on Busters Bench for someone to rescue him, poor Olly he is an indoor only cat so his adventure must have been really scarey; he hasnt moved from his own warm bed since other than to eat breakfast.

Have couple of PM`s not replied to having a bit of trouble with slow message syndrome so unable to reply but messages received and read thanks.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1847 on: October 14, 2010, 08:24:27 AM »

Aw Shirley.   :(  Sounds  :hug: :hug:like you need hugs too. 

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1846 on: October 14, 2010, 08:18:45 AM »
Lovely update Teresa, so pleased about James and Christopher leaving today, hope they have a fab life in their new home!  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Sophie's kittens  learning how to be cats-awwww!  :rofl:

Fingers crossed for the possible rehoming on Friday!   ;D

Hope you manage to get a bit of sleep later  :Crazy: Haven't had much myself this week-my son's old infants/junior school was burned down on Monday night. He left there 20 years ago, but it was a wonderful school and i felt sick when i saw it   :sick: Yesterday i found a dead cat which, thanks to the help of a young girl who picked it up and put in a black bag for me (have a phobia about dead animals) i managed to get to a vets to be scanned. Poor thing wasn't chipped....Not a good week for me so far  :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1845 on: October 14, 2010, 07:12:32 AM »

I'd have plumped fr the dawn chorus, Teresa, but you do need to get some rest.  It's great that you have some ease, but see if you can catch the proverbial "cat nap" or  "Forty winks"  for half an hour too  :hug: :hug:

So pleased for Christopher and James.  :)  Well done Debbie for all of those cuddling duties  :evillaugh:  an exhausting job if ever there was one.

Chelsea's a very individual lady isn't she, bless her?  Am sure someone will have a place for her that's just right, given time.   :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1844 on: October 14, 2010, 03:13:12 AM »
Yet another busy day yesterday, fortunately we had a helper in the form of Debbie who adopted Bella, Pansy and Herbie a couple of years ago, she spent a full 7 hours playing with kittens and administering cat cuddles to all who wanted them and a few who thought they didnt, leaving me to so some much needed scrubbing and cupboard sorting.
All being well Christopher and James will be leaving us to begin a wonderful new live with Francis this afternoon, those boys so deserve a wonderful home and I wish them and Francis every happiness.
Chelsea is making good progress and actually allows herself to sit on a knee and be stroked now, she loves it in the summerhouse but is still a devil if she spots another cat, she is going to be very difficult to place.
Sophie too is happier in her new pen now and enjoys having the high turret to climb and get a break from her 7 kittens who seem to be learning what the litter tray is for at last, we are starting to lap solids too.
Yesterday was also a big day for me, since my illness began over a year ago Rob has done the mucking out each morning well apart from my dear Muckspots, yesterday I managed to do all the mucking out in the brick built Pens (5 Pens) as well as my muckspots so progress.Last Thursday after a great deal of thought I decided to use up a load of steroids I had accumulated, naughty I know but I had reached the wheelchair/oxygen stage again, I can truthfully say I am moving about easily and breathing better albeit temporarily,big difficulty is being unable to sleep have now been on the go since sunday morning but sometimes quality must come first.
Got someone coming Friday to choose one or two kittens to add to their family of Bailey and Preacher that they adopted from me about 3 years ago so fingers crossed for another happy home.
3am and the question is do I atttempt to sleep amidst the sound of the thunderous snoring or continue to sit her quietly awaiting the dawn chorus ?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1843 on: October 13, 2010, 09:22:37 AM »

:evillaugh:  Schmew.

Teresa - I was remiss and forgot to congratulate you on your being a year as a non-smoker.    It's a huge achievement.  I remember when my OH gave up and I was so proud.   ;D  Well done you.

Now, am I brave enough to spend a night with the four ferals.....?  :sneaky:  :shify:

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #1842 on: October 13, 2010, 09:18:07 AM »

Oh noes - I log on, and it's cute kitten overload!!!    :Crazy: :Crazy:

I have to cheat Sue - I come and look but don't log in so I can't see!

Had to look today though, they are all so beautiful and look so happy healthy and happy - all credit to you T

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary of stopping smoking  ;D

x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1841 on: October 12, 2010, 20:45:07 PM »
I want to come and live at the Inn  :Luv2:

As previously mentioned the 4 ferals are prepared to share their room with any human brave enough  :rofl: :rofl:
I think you need another visit with at least an overnight stay in order to appreciate the full pleasure of mucking out  :rofl:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #1840 on: October 12, 2010, 20:41:27 PM »
I want to come and live at the Inn  :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1839 on: October 12, 2010, 20:34:11 PM »
hiding inside youngest sons trainer

:evillaugh: :evillaugh:  Good to know life goes on as "normal" at the Inn  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1838 on: October 12, 2010, 20:27:18 PM »
Where you been T?? Hope you is not in the nasty hospital again!

Sorry the kittens captured me  :rofl: honestly just couldnt take my eyes off them, I am ok just very overworked.
Sophie and her 7 babies have settled fairly well in the summerhouse but at just 4 weeks their toilet habits leave much to be desired so lots of extra work and litter training needed.
Chelsea loves her new summerhouse Pen too as do her kittens, she loves climbing on her scratching post and looking out of her window like an old fishwife  :rofl:
The muckspots have really filled my heart with pride this last couple of days, they are really putting weight on now and looking like proper kittens, Sunflower went walk about on Sunday night, I hadnt shut the pen door properly so bless her she did it for me after she made good her own escape  :rofl: Rob found her running round having the time of her life then hiding inside youngest sons trainer.Its not long ago that we made one big pen out of 2 smaller ones to accomodate them, think we need somewhere bigger again already.Olly keeps trying to pop in the kitchen to say hello but just as he gets his courage he turns and runs  :rofl:
Annabel seems to have stopped her ballerina exercises for the time being, think she is enjoying motherhood too much.
All the other cats/kittens are happy and well hopefully we will soon find the homes they all deserve.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #1837 on: October 12, 2010, 17:37:04 PM »
Where you been T?? Hope you is not in the nasty hospital again!

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #1836 on: October 12, 2010, 14:14:08 PM »
Hope all is well at The Inn with both humans and furries.  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #1835 on: October 12, 2010, 10:23:37 AM »
These pictures are absolutely gorgeous  :Luv2: keep up the good work   :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1834 on: October 12, 2010, 06:55:32 AM »

Morning Aunty T.  Sending all at the Inn much love, and tons of snoozles - to be liberally administered throughout the day  ;) :hug:  Hope you're not feeling too bad this morning - you've had pretty Herculean tasks to perform this last week.   :hug: :hug:

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #1833 on: October 11, 2010, 21:53:18 PM »
Wonderful photos, as always - many congrats on a smoke free year Teresa  ;D
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #1832 on: October 11, 2010, 17:06:08 PM »
Soooooooooo many cuties - all very lucky to have found their way to Auntie T! :Luv2:

Well done on your first year as a non smoker! :hug:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #1831 on: October 11, 2010, 17:00:01 PM »
Just catching up with all the wonderful photos  :Luv2: such gorgeous babes all of them but Sophie's grumpy one and Norman  W have stolen my heart  :Luv2: :Luv2: Bonny is looking great, she reminds me so much of my Dylan, she has the same markings.

Well done on your one year anniversary too T  ;D

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #1830 on: October 11, 2010, 16:00:43 PM »
Awww little Norman.  :Luv: :Luv: I think my heart just melted.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #1829 on: October 11, 2010, 08:06:00 AM »
Wonderful pics T (although unfortunatley my comp isn't showing me Bonny's pic). Good luck with them all, anc congrats on a year of no smoking.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1828 on: October 11, 2010, 07:01:07 AM »

Oh noes - I log on, and it's cute kitten overload!!!    :Crazy: :Crazy:

I love Sophie's "grumpy one" - and Dainty - and Dinky!    (And I'm not even going to mention Norman Wisdom!  ;) )   :Luv2:   

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #1827 on: October 10, 2010, 21:36:15 PM »
T, am sending you lots of long distance snuzzles and a huge cuddle, my friend. You are, as always, amazing.
Missing you loads. xx

The Claw says you need to to visit us here in NY, she misses the taste of your blood ;) :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #1826 on: October 10, 2010, 18:33:35 PM »
I'm starting to take this a bit personally now Teresa  >:(

First there was Marigold, a one off maybe. Then Sgt U-bend, a coincidence perhaps. Now Norman Wisdom - this is victimisation of the highest degree, just as I get over one ginger stunner you pop out another one  :Luv2: :evillaugh:

:1st place: on your anniversary  :hug:

Seeing the pics just overwhelms me how many little lives you are looking after, hope you have a run on rehoming soon  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1825 on: October 10, 2010, 16:50:19 PM »
Love those pictures and think Norman Wisdom is a great name - a lovely tribute!

Frances, I thought of the dwarves immediately too. ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #1824 on: October 10, 2010, 16:42:58 PM »
Great pictures. I dont know why but I expected Annabel to be an all black not a tortie. Very cute
love
Tab

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #1823 on: October 10, 2010, 16:36:27 PM »
Lovely pictures Teresa . . . some suggestions for Sophie's magnificent seven . . .

seven dwarfs: Grumpy Happy Dopey Sneezy Sleepy Bashful Doc

seven sisters (Pleiades): Maia Electra Taygete Alcyone Celaeno Sterope Merope (you could use Zeus Poseidon Ares for any boys)

seven seas:  Fars Larwi Harkand Kalah Salahit Kardanj Sanji

(locations of) the seven wonders of the world: Giza Babylon Olympia Ephesus Halicarnassus Rhodes Alexandria

(I really should be doing something useful, like cleaning the kitchen floor, but I'm easily sidetracked!)  :naughty:

:)

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1822 on: October 10, 2010, 16:29:00 PM »
Beautiful pictures, as always!   :Luv2:  Can't believe the change in Bonny since the Summer Social-she looks great!   :Luv2:  Well done you!  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1821 on: October 10, 2010, 15:40:00 PM »
Annabel and her milkbar

Link to CatChat