Author Topic: Kids Dogs and Cats  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Kids Dogs and Cats
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 18:50:35 PM »
I like the name Chiana too.  I don't believe in messing about with cat's names unless absolutely necessary.  I love cats and dogs, but there's something especially intriguing about cats which is a huge challenge and which I love, whereas dogs tend to be relatively uncomplicated.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 18:10:24 PM »
I love the name Chiana and no need to change what isnt broken  ;D ;D

Yes a bond with a cat is special and they chose to bond with you, infact they are in complete control of their servants and we rush around tending to every one of their desires and worrying about them when they seem off colour...........................sigh

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
  • Slave to: Chiana
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 07:26:08 AM »
Yes I too prefer cats, they seem to me to be more 'human like' and independent. My cousin being very macho only has dogs, presumably wanting to be made a fuss of and always in control.

Dogs are lovely but too faithful. When a cat makes a fuss of you like mine does especially in the morning when I wake it is something special, perhaps because she is happy to see me still alive. I do not mind if later on she pretends to bite me if I am a nuisance. So I now know why the lady at the RSPCA centre wanted me to give her a little stoke before I chose her ---- perhaps to make sure we ' bonded' as you say.

I found out at last perhaps why she is called Chiana ----- I just noticed one of the young women in the Aussie series Farscape has that name. My macho son in law thinks I should have given all my rescued cats over the years a new name. But then he wants to change every thing. Perhaps that is why though still under 50 he has had 4 women over the years.
 :'(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 17:11:15 PM »
I prefer real photos of your cats please.

Dont like dogs or children  :innocent:

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
  • Slave to: Chiana
Kids Dogs and Cats
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 08:03:42 AM »
There is a nice MS Presentation now among today’s contributions kindly sent by elderly friends of mine at http://www.sigord.co.uk/Contribs/babysittersPt2.pps depicting youngsters with dogs and cats. If you do not have such as MS Office installed and cannot view these presentations then download and install the free viewer from MS at below. Be assured in spite of the warning that often shows when downloading these presentations, mine can always be trusted as I have been showing such for many years and have the full  AVG antivirus installed.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6

Please wait for loading, and contact me if you want a copy and cannot download it yourself.

Gordon

Link to CatChat