Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

Is it time to let my baby go?

<< < (11/11)

lisa77:
He is due to go back to vet on Thursday.
He can't really tell me that unless he does a biopsy and I'm not keen on putting him through that to be honest. He is on Destolit
150mg, 1/2 a day and  prednisolone 1 a day.
He has now ventured out of his bed and is on the landing. Really trying not to fuss around him too much but find myself checking on him every 10 mins. He definitely looks brighter today (If that's the right word)

Thank you for responding & taking the time to read

Desley (booktigger):
I'm sorry to hear this, I have had a cat with cholangiohepatitis, I cant remember what medication she was put on, or if they would even use the same, it was a long time ago. I do remember reading they can recover from it though, but not sure how long it takes. I think I'd have a chat with the vet and ask them about his prognosis

lisa77:
Hi everyone

I haven't been on her for ages but I find myself now in the worst position I have ever been in.

My beautiful boy has become very poorly with
Cholangiohepatitis. He was admitted to vets for 3 days & put on a drip. Vet did some bloods and an ultrasound and he has
Cholangiohepatitis. We (alongside the vets approval) brought him home 2 wks ago. He was so very stressed in there and would only eat when I visited him. He pulled 2 separate drips out whilst he was there and it was all too stressful for him.
I have been feeding him and giving him water very regularly. He has had good and bad days and it feels a bit like we are in a rollercoaster at the mo. The past 2 days he hasn't ventured downstairs and flirts between 2 of his fave beds upstairs. Apart from when I feed him, bring him water or he uses  the litter tray, he is sleeping. He doesn't appear to be in any pain but obviously I don't know for sure. It's breaking my heart to see him like this. I long to wake up and he be bugging me for food at 5am like he used to.

He is 11 now. Has been pretty good health wise apart from a few water infections.

I'm in turmoil as if he is still eating & drinking and using litter tray, is it not the right time? I don't want him to suffer going back to the vet and being hooked up to more drips.

If I call the vet out here today, what will they do to determine if it's his time or not?

This is like losing a child to me. I cannot imagine my life without him here but at the same time I don't know if it's cruel to leave him like this.

I'm sure may of you can empathise. I'm so unsure.

I can't really speak to anyone else about this as everyone is on holiday and I need to just speak to people .who may understand.

Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version