Author Topic: Anyone Up  (Read 1840 times)

MBll

Re: Anyone Up
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2007, 20:40:33 PM »
This ad is  back on the tree site?   So the 2 cats are still not neutered & available free 1 of the cats has a litter taken off her &  other is probably praegnat?

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 13:02:29 PM »
I agree that not all people who give/get kittens in classified ads are bad - but from looking at Gumtree and what people post on here, alot of them are. Recently I have been looking in the homes section of Gumtree and I cant help myself sending emails to the people who have adverts to get rid of their cats (and several of their other animals) or people that are looking for kittens, I have been directing to catchat.

But I am not forgetting that 2½ years ago, I got my little Cheese-kitten from an advert on the wall in PAH - which is the same kind of thing. I didn't have a clue about backyard breeders, etc etc - she was in an appauling condition when I got her, the house was full of animals and people and I think they just wanted to get rid cause she was ill. I wish i'd gotten to see her mum to see what colour she was and I hope she is in a good condition and now spayed but I bet she isn't  :'( It was just the vibe I got.
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 13:01:58 PM »
Its more than likely not neutered and becomming a dominant pest to the older cat  :(

MBll

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 12:27:36 PM »
Yeah it is cc  :-: 

As the person says the cat hasnt taken to the kitten  which does happen  but being the resident cat should not be rehomed cos of a newcomer

ccmacey

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 12:09:49 PM »
I dont think it has been a case of out with the old in with the new as she said she has had the kitten for 7 months, but still I would try to rehome the kitten.  :shy:

MBll

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 12:00:38 PM »
Iv had no luck getting through to these 2 ads &  iv phoed several times & left me number &  no one has bothered getting back to me ..... somehow i doubt they will  :-:

Getting rid of an older pet to make way for a new one  ....im gonsmacked

ccmacey

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 11:51:55 AM »
In that case I would try and rehome the kitten.  :shy:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 22:52:49 PM »
No luck yet but will keep trying as I am working from home this week

Liz and the CC
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

MBll

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 22:40:59 PM »
Re post from that other site ...............can anyone help?

I have a lovely pure white cat, i want to find him a new home. I have recently got a new kitten (7 months ago) and my white cat - bagpuss will not take to him. This cat is best suited to an older person and someone who donest have kids as he is older. He likes the our doors a lot and he just like his milk and dry food twice per day. If you think you could provide him with his then please contact me. Thanks,

Fife, scotland

No email address just a phone number

:censored: :censored: :censored:

MBll

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 21:15:23 PM »
PMd you liz

ccmacey

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 21:14:41 PM »
When I was looking for a kitten I phoned a man and he said I have 1 here but she is not that house trained or used to humans yet so Im not wanting to let her go yet.

So all peeps that post arnt bad.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 19:22:31 PM »
hello all back from rainy Dublin, can you pm me the details and I will see what I can do to help

Am working from home next wek so will be around

Liz
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

MBll

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 18:03:27 PM »
Alot of folk posting these types of ads really dont give a dam where the animals ends up its hand over to the first person that chaps the door & reading this ad  some one be falling over themselfs to get there first ..withthe  attiude of ........oh greata free  cat with kittens  ill make some money. 

There has recently been somone on another site that rehomed a rescue dog & soon after posted selling him as a stud dog ..theres a lot of others that do the same. Also theres been posts for selling & wanting kittens between 2 & 5 weeks old.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 17:20:58 PM »
didnt think of that side of things dawn but yep that does go on i suppose, although if someone really wanted they could easily have a couple of cats kept to breed to supply themselves if they were  :censored: :censored: into baiting etc.

ccmacey

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 15:53:03 PM »
I agree, Im guess it was a general statement.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 15:40:16 PM »
Why are people that look through the classifieds seen as bad?

It's not a case of them all being seen as bad, it's a case of the cat getting into the wrong hands.  We are all aware of good owners but their are a lot of bad people out there who trawl the ads for free cats for dog baiting, lab research etc etc........at least if a cat person manages to get her, she can be spayed and a loving home found for her.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 15:39:03 PM »
I think people see it as when you get or buy a cat through this way cc then the people getting rid of the animals have found it easy to do so and therefore might not think hard about taking on another animal or worse keep breeding etc.  Having said that i see both sides as there would be genuine people who have had an honest mistake mating / accident and need to rehome the kittens or have genuine circumstances.

Its better in my eyes than just dumping the animals or worse, and the rescues struggle to cope as it is so they couldnt take them all in...its a toughy i think.

Personally i dont read them.

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 15:26:12 PM »
So is this cat up for rehoming?

Why are people that look through the classifieds seen as bad? Maybe someone who really wants a cat does this? Its the people that get them from the mate up the road I'd be more worried about.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 15:12:41 PM »
Maybe Liz can help.....I'm sure if there's a possibility she's pregnant she would.  I'll pm her for you if you want and direct her to this thread.

MBll

Anyone Up
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 15:10:25 PM »
at aberdeen (ellon) another ad for a  free cat possible pregnat as stated ' HAS HAD ACCESS TO A MALE CAT'

Any suggestions/help/anyone up that way can lend a hand as there is only a phone number.

Link to CatChat