Author Topic: xmas tree's who bother's ??  (Read 13021 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: xmas tree's who bother's ??
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 13:34:08 PM »
After trying my tree out for a few Christmas periods....I give up  :sigh: there's no chance in my house  :(

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 13:31:21 PM »
Well my Chrimbo tree always looked beautiful on day 1- it was dressed the same all the way round, no 2 baubles the same near each other.  - by day 2 it was looking a bit cheesed off, day 3 so on & so on.

Now I don't bother dresing the back of it, and just put the baubles anywhere. When you have a 16lb Male Bengal sitting in it, closely followed by a 12lb male bengal, it's not worth the effort.

Though I do take a before - and after photo, just so I can see it did look nice at the start.  :)

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 13:22:51 PM »
 :evillaugh: sorry couldn't resist!
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 13:06:10 PM »
 :P :P :P :P BH!

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 12:18:37 PM »
Ruth, are you sure thats not every day? You know, there is a song about that... shall I sing it for you?   :evillaugh:

Stuart, I have a really cute photo of Cheese I will have to dig out - she is in the middle of a "stake out" under the tree so you can just see lots of presents and some black ears and yellowy green eyes peeping out  :rofl:
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2007, 11:41:01 AM »
I was just wondering about that question as well... Hobbes, my former "master" was exceptionally laid back -- well, lazy rather -- sort and my Christmas tree used to remain pretty much intact, one or two ball or icicle on the floor now and then, and that was the extent of the damage.  However Oliver is much more chipper and hyper than Hobbes, nothing that are dangling, colourful and interesting escape his attention. :wow:  I am afraid he is gonna have a real go at the tree. :Crazy:  However I am home most of the time and can keep my eyes on him, so probably we will put it out and see how it goes, it may turn out to be a huge battle of will  :scared: but, a Christmas without a tree is too sad, we could only try!! :innocent:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 11:19:57 AM »
So far it seems to be 50/50 :wow: yes it was a lot of fun watching them, Like Cheese, Hamish and Misty would
hide under the tree (like comandos) amongst the prezzies, and run out to attack !! then just run back under it  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
But I was working 12hr shifts at the time, and the last thing I wanted to do EVERY night was to put up a christmas tree :tired:

A Goth Tree ???   Cool !!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 11:21:07 AM by Stuart (Misty's Dad) »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 10:50:22 AM »
I got all excited talking about it last night .....

I do that. Start talking about it really early. We watched The Hogfather recently (I was bought it on DVD for Christmas!) and I started getting really hyper about the impending festivities...even though it's three months away!

With regards to trees, I've always had one. Mine's made from recycled paper(!) (It's green, obviously!) and my mum and dad bought it me the year I left home....which is now 14 years ago!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 10:43:32 AM »
I have been impressed for the past 2 years that the Xmas tree has survived Bilbo (he prefers to hide under it and ambush you) but we're not going to bother putting it up this year.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 10:39:53 AM »
Just the silly looking santa hat she hates  :evillaugh:

And maybe a new toy. But she gets them alllll the time, so technically....TECHNICALLY.... its xmas every week in our house  :evillaugh:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 10:37:35 AM »
 :evillaugh:

HRH Lexy not getting a stocking this year then?  ;)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 10:36:04 AM »
Ruuuuth...  :slap: Christmas is great... think of all those excuses to eat healthyfood and drink wine!  ;)

:slap: Bah Humbug

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 10:31:22 AM »
 :rofl:

Although not sure "goth" and "festive" go together....  ;) :evillaugh:

Ruuuuth...  :slap: Christmas is great... think of all those excuses to eat chocolate and drink wine!  ;)

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 10:14:44 AM »
My christmas tree is BLACK! with red and silver decorations. The girls pretty much ignored it (was only a few feet tall) and just batted a few baubles every now and again.

Yeah!!! GOTH TREEEEEEEEE!!!! ha ha (oh dear think i have had too much sugar this morning......)

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 09:58:01 AM »
Last years tree looked lovely until Sidney found the string of beads which were wound round - you can guess the result  ;D  I don't know  what Olliver and Portia will make of it this year - probably think its some new sort of torture for little black cats.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 09:52:08 AM »
Phil was all bah humbug and told me off 

Bah Humbug!  All I have to say

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 09:07:05 AM »
I have a little 3' tree, but I know full well that every day I'll be hunting around the lounge for all the baubles that Max has knocked off and batted round the floor  :evillaugh:

For anyone having their first tree with cats, make sure that you only get plastic baubles, as the 'proper' ones break soooo easily and could cause injury to small paws  :doh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 08:54:12 AM »
Awww I loooooooove Christmas (I know I know  ;) )

We will have a tree - we had one last year and it was fine (the year before that though Cheese was a kitten and the tree spent more time on the floor than it did upright, fairy lost her head too  :rofl: ) the cats last year more liked sitting on the presents underneath and giving them a good sniff rather than anything else (and they were warned off when they started patting at decorations!)

We have the whirlwind that is Doc this year though, so might be a bit more tricky, but we will still have one! I got all excited talking about it last night and Phil was all bah humbug and told me off  :(

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 06:18:14 AM »
ouch Stuart that makes my eyes water  :oh noo:

My last christmas tree was only last year. I set it up with pride but Ralfie decided it was the ideal target for his spraying. The Shadow decided to get in on the act, and the evidence of a large dog lifting his leg on the tree (and the carpet >:() was all a bit too much for me, so trees are banned in this house (at least till I can get a new one that is untainted) and frankly, I doubt  any sort of tree would survive Smidgen's attentions.

MBll

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 02:31:31 AM »
Thats a dirty word & its banned.....forever

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 02:25:45 AM »
kittens will climb up anything than can so think it would be a waste of time  :rofl:

Yeah Tell me about it, One morning I was half asleep, and my eye's were still closed, when I became aware
of this weight on my chest and a stinging sensaition in my nose, I finally came to, and opened one eye..
I had a Big Blue eye staring right back at me, the same when I opened my other eye..
Misty was only little and couldn't jump so He had climbed onto the bed, sat on my chest, and for some reason
grabbed hold of my nose with his teeth ( He wasn't biting, just holding ) Oh how I laughed, asking him
what on earth are you doing :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

on another morning I got out of bed to go to work, I was in the middle of having a stretch
when all of a sudden I felt this excruciating sharp pain going up my leg, my waist, stomach then my chest,
I couldn't move !!
till eventually Misty had almost reached my shoulder when I decided to grab him!!!

It wouldn't have been so Bad, But I only had my Boxer short's on at the time, Still bring's a tear to my eye
to this day :'(

Like you say , "they'll Climb anything !!! "

Here's some of the only pic's I have of misty when he was ickle

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 00:43:02 AM »
I dont think we are going to have a tree this year as the kittens will climb up anything than can so think it would be a waste of time  :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 00:22:01 AM »
Well I reckon there will be  alot of fun in trees from all the growing kittens here  ;D

Mine are all adult , not that that makes a difference with some, but mine are all relatively good an apart from some lametta eating by the birmans no other damage  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
xmas tree's who bother's ??
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 00:14:21 AM »
christmas is not far off, so I was wondering if other people n here have had the same experiance ??

1991 my first xmas in my own house, I decided to spend £180 on xmas decoration's, lights, 8ft xmas tree
tinsle, balls etc.etc. spent a whole evening moving furnature, putting decoration's and tree up, slight
intervention's from the furbabe's Hamish n Misty, (cause it was something new) but nothing too concerning.
Got up in the morning to go to my work, everything fine, tree ok, living room tidy ;D
went to work, came home at dinner time, one ball on the ground in the middle of the floor :-:
How did that get there?? it must have fell off as the furbabes were sleeping ?? I put it back on tree.
went back to work, came home at six, put the light on and saw the remains of my tree  >:(
lying flat out in the middle of the floor in a state of disarray with tinsle and balls strewn everywhere !!
Spent another evening putting said tree back to it former glory and splendor ;D
Watched Hamish and Misty very closely the whole evening, a couple of attempts to ge close to tree, and they
were quickly warned off.
same happend the next day, ok in the morning wrecked by night >:( >:( spent yet another evening sorting
the (bloody xmas tree, as it was being refered to by now) but this time not to be outdone by my babe's, I
tied a piece of string to a screw I put in the wall, thinking that will stop them knocking it over ;D ;D
Well, I came home that night and I couldnt believe my eye's... All branches had been bent back down leavng
a neat Pile of tinsle, Lights and balls lying in a circle at the bottom of the remains of the tree "which was still
standing !!! Obviously the little  :censored: had been climbing the tree !!
Although it was funny to start with that was the final straw, lights were taped to the window, and some tinsle
hanging in high places, and that's the way its been for the last 16 years, the tree got the heave ho

but my question is does anyone else here bother with tree's and decorations ??

Link to CatChat