Author Topic: Boggle  (Read 1641 times)

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
Re: Boggle
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 16:36:08 PM »
I really enjoyed reading that. Now, wheres the picture of Boggle??
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 11:01:01 AM »
Aww Boggle sounds lovely  :)

Ditto! What a lovely tail tale!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

ps....you know you can send me any pics you want posting.....your will is my command!  ;) :hug:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 11:01:42 AM by Bazsmum »

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 23:34:29 PM »
Aww Boggle sounds lovely  :)

Offline SuzeB

• Adult Cat
  • Maisie, Genghis and Fred. RIP Loki.
    • PubQuizzy
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 23:20:18 PM »
Aww what a lovely story.  My Loki was like that, looked fat but the vet said it was loose skin that the guts could expand into when full - apparently lions have that too, if you look. 

Dark Moon

Boggle
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 21:50:07 PM »
Can you all stand one more story from me? I can't promise to make it short nor, in all honesty, can I promise it'll be the last.........

We went to the vets today for shots and de-worming. Ozzie, Annabelle Lee and Bogs.

Bogs, you see, is Boggle. As in "Boggles the Mind". The fattest cat I own or, except for one (not mine) have ever even seen. But, it turns out, he is not actually fat. But more of this later....

Bogs arrived here (as so many have) as a stray. An intruder. And a rude one at that! Beat up on my other kitties. For the longest time I didn't know who or what he was because all I ever saw was a completely unintelligible thing - a fleeing streak of grey fur with an orange tail.  ????????

I will try to make this short.... Ultimately it turned out he was a cat. Short grey body hair. Slightly fuzzy orange tail.   ?   Looked as if someone had taken all the pieces left over from all the other cats and pasted them together.... and they didn't necessarily fit. Anyway, he ultimately decided that a free meal was worth the price of coming near me and even putting up with the other cats so that's when he came home.

Fast forward..........

He is now a monstrously large, smoky grey, LONG haired cat with a full, bushy GREY tail. He truly boggles the mind. OK short to long hair .... diet, likely.  Orange to grey tail?  His tail must have gotten into something before, though his tail fur, when orange, was perfect fur. Not tainted with paint or anything.... Skin and bones to blob? ... well, he lives to eat. I have two others who have been even worse off than he was when they came to me - more than half dead from starvation - and they do the same. Live only to eat. But he is active, you know. Goes out. Runs. Jumps. Do not understand why he doesn't lose weight!

So I was a bit ashamed to take him to the vet for his shots today - expecting the usual reprimand. But, it turns out, Bogs is not fat. Yet another 'boggle' for my mind.  He just has weak musculature combined with an insatiable appetite. What I was seeing as 'fat' is really just his gut hanging out because his abdominal muscles are weak and his intestines are full (from eating so much.)

So - anyone know where I can get an ab exercise machine for a cat?

And,  by the way, this apparition that so terrorized the family when he first appeared is now an extremely loving, gentle and kind fellow.

Who is NOT fat, but continues to Boggle my mind.

Link to CatChat