Author Topic: My 'time-share' cat  (Read 2686 times)

Dark Moon

Re: My 'time-share' cat
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 00:40:11 AM »
ooh - so excellent! Friends are always good. Please tell more!

ccmacey

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 00:21:14 AM »
I think I spoke too soon, Harry seems to have a friend  :shify:

ccmacey

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 23:35:03 PM »
I used to but not anymore thank goodness.

Dark Moon

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 21:59:12 PM »
EXCELLENT!!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 21:54:35 PM »
I have my moments!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Dark Moon

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 21:51:57 PM »
Funny Sam!

No, I think, on long enough reflection, I'll give the flag pole a pass.

I am new here. Are you always this witty?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 21:45:24 PM »
Maybe you could get a flag pole DM ..... flag up = cat in; flag down = cat out!  :rofl:

Dark Moon

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 21:24:56 PM »
aah.. shoot. shoot,. shoot...........

Still learning here. Annoys me not to know how to reply...

Tea towels, you say!  What a GLORIOUS idea!  Don't know if it would work for me as I am half a mile from my nearest neighbour and things change, or not, here on a sporadic nature anyway so I don't know if they'd ever notice. But it's a glorious idea and I will consider it.

Thank you!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 21:21:27 PM »
I used to have a number of time share cats when I lived in London. Micka who looked just like my Kocka, Loki who tried to move in, Gingerbread who did!

Munchkin who I found out was called Sooty and he was the biggest and softest wondeful cat who came a long way to visit me every night  ;D

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 20:55:26 PM »
you need a system of teatowels in the windows. When I lived in the country I would have a teatowel in the window facing my neighbours at all times. If I was sick, the towel came down and they knew to come over and give me a hand. If you and your mates set up a similar system, teatowel in the window equals cat at home, then you would know if he went vagrant on you.

Dark Moon

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 20:52:49 PM »
aaah - yours sound more like Socks.  Socks lives 'nest door' (quarter mile on down). He and mine hated one another with a passion. Fights galore. Indeed, he is the reason poor Cyril got 'skunked' (saw a black and white thing, thought it was Socks, attacked.....  Do you KNOW how long it takes for skunk scent to vanish????)

But Socks is an older kitty now. Doesn't care to fight. But wanders over each day during summer. Flops in the catnip patch I have in my garden. Rolls for a while. Then just lays there, soaking up the ambiance. And then wanders on home. My kitties all let him be. He lets them be. I guess that's a 'catnip-share' thing.

But he knows where his home is. Sam does too. Sometimes it's here (when he's hungry or cold), sometimes it's with Wray. Apparently sometimes it's with Bill..........  Only trouble here is that should anything ever happen to him none of us would know because we'd all simply think he was at his 'other' house!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 20:19:16 PM »
not at all the same thing but my new neighbours a few doors down have a lovely wee black kitty in a bright red collar who has palled up with Smidgen in a big way. They hang out together for hours and she sits on the fence looking into the house when he is inside (with Shadow in the garden she is unwilling to try her luck - if she only knew what a softie he is!!). Am hoping that with time she will learn he is a nice dog and will start visiting in the house ...

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 20:14:08 PM »
Ahhhh what a chancer  :rofl: My next door neighbours cat thinks he also lives at my house and whenever I open the back door to get Zephyr in I usually end up with Zephyr and Lucky (yes he is a black cat!  ;) )  He's not really a "time share" cuz I know where he lives but just as much a chancer as Sam/Buddy.

The funny thing is my lot have no problems with him wandering in having a few biccies and curling p on the sofa for a nap.  I think they know lucky will go home at bedtime so they put up with him visiting.

Dark Moon

My 'time-share' cat
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 19:15:14 PM »
Hi There!

Just wondering if any of you have ‘time-share’ cats. I do. Sam (well, his full name is Samuel Hearne Johnson Clemens, but he’s Sam for short). A lovely orange tabby. Showed up here last winter. Every so often I would see him, and quite often down at my neighbour’s barns when I went to tend his goats and horses while he (the neighbour) was away on holiday. Sam was awfully friendly and didn’t look in bad shape, so I assumed he must live somewhere. But February came and he was still down at the barns – with frozen ears. So in he came. Stayed inside here the rest of the winter. Proved to be quite the rakish fellow (hence the ‘Clemens’ part of his name. Haven’t actually seen him yet with a whiskey in one paw and a cigar in the other, but it would not surprise me in the least to do so!). Anyway, spring and summer came and with it our 3 tornadoes. I was lucky – only lost a bunch of shingles. Called Wray – a fantastic older fellow who lives about a half mile from me) and he came to re-shingle the house. Sam, being sociable, went out to visit with him. Wray subsequently told me that he used to have a cat who looked similar. A kitten the previous year who got stuck atop a telephone pole (for 4 days) and ultimately had to be plucked off by the Hydro people. Very similar – except his was a male. Well, Sam IS male but when I took him in I took him to the vet for all his shots and to have him neutered. Still a male though – just a truncated one. Apparently Wray isn’t all that observant!) Anyway…. Long story shorter - turns out Sam is also ‘Buddy’ Wray’s bold but not too wise kitten of the previous year.  Now Sam/Buddy splits his time between us. Apparently I have better food and much better accommodations (Wray doesn’t let him in the house. Today it is -34 (and I live in southern Manitoba!). Sam prefers it here at such times!)  But then he will wander on back to Wray’s to play with their new pup and hang out and all for days. Only to show up back here again.  Wray did say that he (Sam/Buddy) has also been known to spend time at Bill’s – about a quarter mile further on down.

A cat who likes to spread his joy around. A time-share cat. A community cat.

Got any like him?

Link to CatChat