Author Topic: And on the back of the eight cats drowned....  (Read 1505 times)

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy Fuzzlebug.
Re: And on the back of the eight cats drowned....
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 14:22:11 PM »
Unfortunately, the actual truth at the moment is that a simple phone call does not ensure the safety of these and other kittens as so many rescue centres are full that they are unable to take any more animals in - I know this is the stance of our local RSPCA Branch and other rescues in this area.

NEUTERING is the most important lesson that should be taught.

ASSISI will accept any animal they take in,their center is always full of people looking for a loving pet or companion.Sadly,the USPCA over here are as much use as a chocolate fireguard.I once called them about a dog trapped in a derilict house that was looking out of the window where all the glass had been smashed.They told me to call the police!! >:(
center]Please join the Purrs save a life draw - £2 a month is all it takes!
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38217.0.html
[/center]
[img

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 13:25:01 PM »

EXACTLY!!!  100% agree

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 13:19:58 PM »
Unfortunately, the actual truth at the moment is that a simple phone call does not ensure the safety of these and other kittens as so many rescue centres are full that they are unable to take any more animals in - I know this is the stance of our local RSPCA Branch and other rescues in this area.

Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 10:41:00 AM »
I don't understand it either. These people have as much sense as a wet sponge. Is phoning the CPL or RSPCA really such a difficult concept to grasp??!!!  >:(

When will this maddness end.....?!

Maybe it should be taught at school - how to be responsible pet owners

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy Fuzzlebug.
And on the back of the eight cats drowned....
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 10:34:59 AM »
PSNI & ASSISI on their facebook pages,put out an alert about three ginger kittens abandoned in a box in the car park of a local shopping center yesterday.I gather an ASSISI member did a search & nothing was found.Hopefully,someone found the kitties & took them home or to CPL.
What I cant understand is less than two miles away up the by-pass leading to the car park is the local Cats Protection & the ASSISI is just outside the town,less than a mile away,that the shopping center is in!!! >:(
I simply cannot understand how someone can abandon a pet(s) when a simple phone call will ensure the safety of the animals. :censored:Especially kittens,their mum must be going mad with worry.
Probably another case of failing to spay a cat & the ensuing consequences.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Conlig-United-Kingdom/Assisi-Animal-Sanctuary/51547198037?ref=ts
center]Please join the Purrs save a life draw - £2 a month is all it takes!
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38217.0.html
[/center]
[img

Link to CatChat