Author Topic: Am i being cruel?????  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Re: Am i being cruel?????
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 15:20:19 PM »
i groom Casper probably every 2 weeks ideally he should be groomed every couple of days and luckily he doesn't have a thick coat,no he doesn't have any knots in his coat.The horse isn't mine i'm looking after him for a friend and luckily no i don't have to groom him.

I don't mean to be rude but why is someone else's horse a priority rather than your own cat? Can't someone else care for the horse/ help with the horse/ the horse be rehomed? Is your daughter not old enough to start learning to groom Casper?

What solo play toys do you have for Casper - there are loads of brilliant ones. Noah loves his Turbo Track, Frolicat automatic laser and mylar balls all from the Purrs shop. He plays most if I rotate which toys are left out.
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 14:24:04 PM »
Yes, persians can go outside, they are no different to other cats - love the outdoors - well mine do anyways LOL!  :) You might need to do a bit more grooming if she's anything like mine who come in with all sorts stuck to their tails!  :evillaugh:

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 13:56:16 PM »
I thought persians were not allowed outside i groom him outside and i allow him to walk to the gate and back under supervision it's definately worth a thought when Teddy goes out they could venture out side together  :Luv2:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 13:46:07 PM »
My persians all go outside in the garden, always have - no reason why your persian shouldnt.  :) The only restrictions my lot get is at night time when they can still go out if they want, but into a safe fenced area, but the rest of the time they can come and go as they please.

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 13:43:26 PM »
i groom Casper probably every 2 weeks ideally he should be groomed every couple of days and luckily he doesn't have a thick coat,no he doesn't have any knots in his coat.The horse isn't mine i'm looking after him for a friend and luckily no i don't have to groom him.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 13:38:32 PM »
If he is a persian you have to make time to groom him.......dont you groom your horse?

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 13:31:14 PM »
Unfortuanately we can't cat proof the garden and i don't have a problem with them being indoors it's just that i'm not spending any time grooming/playing with him  :'(

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 13:23:45 PM »
Could you cat proof your garden? if not maybe you could keep his friend Teddy as an indoor cat too - its not just pedigrees that get stolen
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
Am i being cruel?????
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 13:19:03 PM »
Hi all i have a real dilema  :'(
I have a 12 month old male long haired persian i love him totally to bits but at the moment with work, a 4yrd daughter, the house and horse i am just not spending any time with him at all.he plays with his little friend Teddy who when he is old enough will be allowed to go outside with our other cats so poor Casper will be alone again.I have mentioned my re-homing him thoughts to my sister who says i shouldn't as you wouldn't know where he would end up in the future and can't let him outside for fear of him being stolen as she has his sister she's adamant i should not re-home him.
I don't believe in having pets then re-homing them and i have never rehomed any of my animals before but i'm just unsure what to do for the best he is such a loving cat he's more human than feline  :Luv2:

Link to CatChat