In Loving Memory Cats > Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory

feeling guilty

(1/3) > >>

Janeyk:
Do you know what nearly everyone I know always thinks there's other things they should or could have done.
What is meant to be is meant to be  I know talk is cheap.  In July this year we had to have our Smokey pts after a leg amp (17yrs) and we too wonder whether we did the right thing for him but you do what you can and have to tell yourself that.
I'm sure our kits wouldn't want us to be unhappy.
God bless Smudge xx

Desley (booktigger):
Please dont feel guilty, you went with what the vets suggested, and while you have read things since that may have worked, the vets may have known that they wouldn't work in Smudgeys case. I have lost cats to illnesses and read at people fighting more than I did for my particular cat, but beating yourself up does you no good at all, we are all different, as are our cats, and we all have our own limits before having to say 'no more' and just because it seems less than another person really doesn't make it wrong. And trust me, you did more than some cat owners would do. RIP little one, mummy loved you loads and did everything she could for you, sadly at times it isn't enough.

lynne:
You did the best you could under the circumstances, and I expect guidance from the vets.
you did not want Smudgey suffering, so you did what you did out of love.

I know how much you must be missing Smudgy, as i am missing  my Shadow (RTA in Oct).

I am thinking of you
X

Smudgey:
 :thanks: everyone was having a real down day when i posted this topic and I knew i would feel better after I had a good cry, it hasn't helped being stuck at home following major surgery on my womb and kidney being alone with my own thoughts has not been good but am feeling better now  :thanks: 

tammy:
smudgey, dont be so hard on yourself. You tried your best at the time and that is all anyone can do.... :hug:
Tormenting yourself with what ifs will do nothing for your cat but bring immense pain to you so please stop for your own sake.

RIP Little Smudge

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version