In Loving Memory Cats > Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory

Happy Christmas Teddy

(1/2) > >>

Nick (Peanut & Boo):
thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and good wishes. Most of the time I think of Teddy and remember the good tikmes and I look at his pictures occasionally and I'm fine with that but just every so often I am in an emotional mood ,perhaps reading of someone elses loss and then the memory effects me more deeply and I shed a few tears. Its kind of like a cleansing episode, I can't describe it but I guess it must be part of  grieving .
I'm fine  It will probably still effect me from time to time but that's ok.

Desley (booktigger):
Sorry to hear things are still so hard Nick, but please dont blame yourself. I do believe everything happens for a reason, even if we dont quite know the reason at the time. Teddy was a gorgeous cat, and is happy until he can meet you again.

tammy:
Nick,

Ive had a few outbursts of tears over the last few days "for no apparent reson". But there never is no apparent reason, christmas without our furbabes is very hard and this is my 1st without Smudge and I miss her terribly and I feel guilty for not being happier for the sake of the other furbabes I have.....Dont be too hard on yourself........

Teddy is well looked after now at the bridge and no harm can come to him there :)

Nick (Peanut & Boo):
Yes thats so true Telstar. I was sad for a while but then other daily things take over and it subsides until the next time. I think I get sad not just for Teddy but for every thing in our lives that has a sad or tragic effect. Its kind of like a collective sadness for everything and every body if that makes any sense. The trouble with being able to enjoy life intensley is the intensity of suffering and unhappiness that is at the other end of the pendulum. I sometimes open myself up to much emotionally I think.

It does help so much to remember the intensity of life that our little cats experience. They pack so much into their waking moments don't they. If we can do anything to make that short experience even just a little better then it was worth it,  whatever it cost.

Your little Bat was a very  lucky cat indeed to have such a loving and protective guardian. 
Happy Christmas to you Telstar and love to all those little souls playing on the bridge

Telstar:
How beautifully you write about your lovely Teddy, Nick. He was indeed a very handsome cat and it's obvious you loved him hugely.

I so understand what you say about blaming yourself. I'm going through that now, after the recent loss of by beloved Bat Cat. What if I hadn't let her out that day? But it was a beautiful day, she loved the freedom of being outdoors, and as soon as I opened the door that morning she shot outside, eager to explore and do all those other mysterious cat things that they do, unseen my us.

My little Bat had a fabulous life for a cat, as did your Teddy. They had more fun and affection in their short lives that many unfortunate animals ever get. I'm sure they wouldn't want us to be too sad that they're no longer with us, but to smile at the happy memories we'll keep forever.

Wishing you a happy and peaceful Christmas. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version