Author Topic: Cat77 Shaw Branch  (Read 4266 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Cat77 Shaw Branch
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 07:45:56 AM »
Jean is actually no longer with the branch. The policy is not to home over X Mas, the exception would be for cats like Tiger who is 13, and as such, already hard to home. I honestly can't see it happening though, but if it did, there would be a lot of questions to make sure that the house she would go to wouldn't be hectic over X Mas, as that isn't fair on her, she is used to a quiet house, and mine always is over X Mas. This is only my second X MAs with the branch, and I honestly dont remember it happening last year, it certainly didn't happen with any of my fosters.
Please spay your cat

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 23:27:54 PM »
Pete - being new to the branch I was briefed on the policy. We do not rehome kittens at all over the festive period as Des said. The kittens ready on Boxing Day will not be rehomed until January.  We also do not rehome older cats UNLESS we can be absolutely sure the home they are going to will not be loud and hectic over christmas. I think from what Des has told me  - this has very rarely happened and CAT77 try not to make this common practice. I don't think policy has changed Pete at all - exceptions to the rules are very very rare.

I'm sure Des could tell you more as she's been volunteering a lot longer than me but I don't see where the policy has changed - it was not said that cats were commonly and definitely rehomed during the festive period - I've been told that if my foster is not rehomed within the first few days of December (which she has not been) then she will be with me over christmas at least and she is 18months old.
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 23:10:14 PM »
Hi Des,

It looks like your branch has modified its policy. In saying that I realise not everything can be set in stone and there are possible exceptions. The resaon I asked is because in this neck of the woods there are too many people who want a cat or a dog at christmas and most rescues would not be happy to do that unless they knew the people concerned over a period and, hence, their attitude towards animals.

I honestly didn't know the following when I asked the question.

By pure coincidence as I was tidying up old papers today; I found an old an old CAT 1977 Newsletter (Issue 46 - Winter 2005/2006). A lady called Jean Taylor who I guess is or was head honcho wrote a piece for the Shaw branch.

She said that We continue the policy of letting people choose a cat or a kitten before christmas but not allowing the animal to be taken home until after the festivities are over

Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 09:14:17 AM »
Just an add on for the 18month white tortie - Popcorn. I'm fostering her at the moment. I think a home with access to the outside ie cat flap (she won't feel hemmed in if he can come and go as she pleases) would suit her too - as long as you have a reasonable sized outside space well away from any busy roads. She's been kept in since being here and doesn't seem too phased about being indoors but can be very timid - hiding a lot. She is also very loving - on her terms. You can't pick her up but she'll headbutt you for fuss and loves it!!!! Given time and patient she will thrive in the right environment.
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 22:12:35 PM »
Pete, we dont home kittens over X Mas, but to be honest, this year our only kittens wont be 8 weeks old till Boxing Day anyway. Older cats we would consider depending on how quiet the new home was going to be, so someone like Tiger wouldn't necessarily have to wait.
Please spay your cat

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 14:12:11 PM »
As  a matter of interest what is the re-homing policy of Cat 77 over the Christmas period?
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Sar

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 13:52:58 PM »
It would be lovely if Tiger could be in her own home for Christmas!  :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 21:18:57 PM »
Thanks for that Tab, we do actually have some kittens in at the moment, but they wont be ready till boxing day, and we have a pregnant mum due anytime, so they will be ready at the end of Jan. Shoudl give your friends long enough to think about - and both mums are lovely apparently.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 13:23:57 PM »
Love tiggers white tum and paws :)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 11:51:52 AM »
Hi I was talking about your rescue last night to a friend who lives in rochdale. They lost their cat ealier this year and are thinking of getting another. I dont know if they will but have told them to get in touch with me so I can pass on your details if they do.
I wish I could help Tiger but I already have 2 cats in a flat and dont have the space or money for another at the moment.
I hope someone will come along and fall in love with her soon
love
Tab

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 22:30:06 PM »
Contact details would be nice!! You can either contact me through here, or ring 01706 838820!!! We ask for a ?35 donation fee
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Cat77 Shaw Branch
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 22:28:44 PM »
We are desperate for farm homes, we have an 18month old tortie tabby that would love a farm home, she will interact with you, but needs somewhere.

I would also love to have Tiger in her own home by Christmas, she is a 13 year old independent tabby, but does interact with you, will just never be a lap cat. I think she would prefer a home where she was either the only cat or one of 2, with the other being a very laid back cat!! I will post a pic of her soon

[attachment deleted by admin]
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat