Author Topic: I WANT A CAT  (Read 11723 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: I WANT A CAT
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2007, 10:51:15 AM »
and I'm not the best person for biting my tongue

No really !!??!!  :rofl: :rofl:

:evillaugh:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2007, 10:48:16 AM »
Believe me Lynn it does, and I'm not the best person for biting my tongue........I usually get the cats sorted and then steam in  :evillaugh:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2007, 10:47:19 AM »
Be nice ladies please Big sis is watching  :shify:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2007, 10:45:46 AM »
Must be pretty tiresome for those of you who are in the habit of getting a higher volume of those.  I just wouldnt have the tolerance to bite my tongue altho i realise you who do must for the cats.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2007, 10:43:43 AM »
I don't think people realise, but when you do rescue you get totally utterly fed up of some of the phone calls that you receive, I think it's easier to vent a little on the forum than crack up and it stops everything bottling up inside........if I don't vent, I blow a gasket and that doesn't do anyone any good especially the people in the firing line  :evillaugh:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2007, 10:41:02 AM »
the lady wasnt being slagged off just the context of the phone call being reported.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2007, 09:30:40 AM »
mm not sure lying or dumb ?

As I say we will need to agree to disagree.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 09:32:09 AM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2007, 09:09:08 AM »
mm not sure lying or dumb ?  :Crazy:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2007, 09:02:13 AM »
You do kind of know what type of owner a person would make though dont you,

To be honest you usually I know within the first 6 words, it is gut feeling. Also when people start to argue with you as to why they can have a cat, they have no chance.

I wouldnt say that lady was "lying"

I would, we will have to agree to disagree on this as I call it lying when she says there are no birds where she lives. If you lie about that what else are you lying about. Funnily enough from this evening and for the next 17 days I am going to our fosterers house who lives very near the lady, so I will have a good look in the sky. Although I can see the area from the computer room. We also get geese and ducks flying around every night.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 12:03:13 PM by Tan »

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2007, 08:40:16 AM »
You do kind of know what type of owner a person would make though dont you, i mean  had that woman listened and taken on board how dangerous it would be for a cat to be in the garden in her location and said "oh you know you are right, of course the cat may not stay by my side" then that would have been a different outcome perhaps.  However to imagine the cat would not take off or be tempted by birds was very silly and also to suggest there were no birds in her garden again was moreso.

I wouldnt say that lady was "lying" as such but i would not have given her a cat either.  However for those who blatantly do lie if they were to come on here i am sure they would not be very keen in fessing up to being that person anyway.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2007, 08:35:46 AM »
I do have to agree with CC and JS, I do feel a bit uneasy reading yours at times Ela, just

To be honest I don’t think my posting was really bad and not much different from yours about the lady who did not turn up.

In case they do happen to find their way on here, read about themselves and cause trouble.

Believe me that will not happen. I cannot imagine she would admit to lying about such a daft thing and she herself does not have a computer.  Also as previously advised if I thought for one minute she would see or anyone knew who I was talking about I would not post.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 12:01:36 PM by Tan »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 20:43:38 PM »
I do have to agree with CC and JS, I do feel a bit uneasy reading yours at times Ela, just in case they do happen to find their way on here, read about themselves and cause trouble. Although it is nice to vent - I had a phone call from a lady at 10pm last night(only rescue I know in the area where someone will answer the phone at that time!!), really keen to look at Shabba, arranged for 6.30 - 7pm tonight, and am still waiting to see her, they irritate me, as I hate the waiting around!! And no decency to even ring and warn me, you can't get stuck into anything cos of hanging round, so me and Shabba both ate late cos of her. The ones where they say things about the cat that isn't true aren't nice either. But, then you get a nice person, like the one who handknitted us a bagpuss to help us raise money, and it helps a lot.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2007, 18:58:28 PM »
Mark was stan one that you transported a month or two ago ?   perhaps you posted the pics of him then aswell, if i remember correctly he took immediately to one of your chairs or something.  I'm sure its the same one as i thought he was ever so handsome then aswell  ;D 

Looking at his big cuddle chops face, hes lush  :Luv:

Youwouldn't believe that he had been bundled into a carrier and into a strange house 10 minutes previous to the photos being taken. He made himself at home straight away.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 18:55:52 PM »
She thought it was hilarious that she lied saying "if you want things done quickly, you have to lie don't you?"

Oh that would make me soooooo fuming!!! >:(

Well as Ela says, you have to bite your tongue for the cat's sake. Maybe thats wht a little humorous steam vented on purrs helps  ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 21:31:33 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 12:07:29 PM »
22, bless it :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 17:09:29 PM by Millys Mum »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 12:01:23 PM »
Oh that would make me soooooo fuming!!!

People lie all the time, for instance if a cat need to come in I will say what is its temperament like, (it doesn't matter we will take it anyway but we like to know as some fosterer's are more experienced than others and can deal better wit a robust cat) they will say it is a cuddle cat when it come in it can the a 'they who must be obeyed type'.

Other times someone will say the cat is in perfect health yet when it comes in one look and you can see it is nearly at deaths door. Fortunately we will spend whatever is needed to bring a cat back to health and straight as long as our vet feels it can have a quality life.
Of course people always try to pretend a cat is younger than it really is, again to us that is not a problem as we do not have an age limit, I think the oldest I took in was 22.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 11:43:35 AM »
She thought it was hilarious that she lied saying "if you want things done quickly, you have to lie don't you?"

Oh that would make me soooooo fuming!!! >:(
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 11:27:02 AM »
He was Lynn,

I so wanted to keep him - he was purry & cuddly from the minute I met him  :Luv:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 11:04:50 AM »
Mark was stan one that you transported a month or two ago ?   perhaps you posted the pics of him then aswell, if i remember correctly he took immediately to one of your chairs or something.  I'm sure its the same one as i thought he was ever so handsome then aswell  ;D 

Looking at his big cuddle chops face, hes lush  :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 10:52:08 AM »
He was snapped up straight away at the cattery  ;D

Sharon said the original woman called a couple of weeks later to ask if she could have him  :Crazy:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 09:32:28 AM »
He looks lovely and has the look of Peewee about him, especially in the first pic
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 09:33:05 AM by Ela »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 09:12:40 AM »
I think if people tell willful lies to try to pull the wool over your eyes, they deserve to be commented on. It sounds like the woman who demanded a cat was collected "immediately" as it was in danger of being run over. She lied about being allergic and made up some silly story about not putting it in her garage as it would be mentally scarred by being locked in. Sharon took her on face value and I dropped everything, even though I was busy. Into the bargain, I had to keep him in the kitchen for several hours upsetting willow. If she had been honest, she could have looked after the cat for a few more hours (he was the friendliest tamest cat ever) and I could have picked him up and dropped him at the cattery in the afternoon when there was a space available. She thought it was hilarious that she lied saying "if you want things done quickly, you have to lie don't you?"

I have attached another pic (and some  :Luv: )of this gorgeous boy - I wish we could have kept him - he was  :Luv:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 09:18:42 AM by Mark »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 07:55:00 AM »
It's a little unfair to laugh at them

I wasn't laughting, I am just god smacked that someone can say what she did (lie) just to try to change my mind and to think that I wouldn't know that birds did not fly over her garden.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 19:43:32 PM »
And Im sure the people that are phoning you would love to know your posting on here about how silly they sounded, thats not fair!

Have to say, I kind of agree with CC. The people phoning generally really believe they can offer good homes to cats that need them. And in some cases, they can. It's a little unfair to laugh at them, even if they don't know that it's happening.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 15:06:03 PM »
And Im sure the people that are phoning you would love to know your posting on here about how silly they sounded, thats not fair!

Yea i agree ,

but u gotta remember we r in a world where everyone talks about people behind there bk
most r not brave enough to say things to someones face . :(
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 14:00:44 PM »
nope my dogs wouldnt bark either, only time they do is if they hear someone at their own back door. (1 bark thats it) out and about they are very submissive.  Altho i'd never dream of taking 2 great galoopin greys to a guest house or hotel  :rofl:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 13:28:35 PM »
look forward to your  "silly phone calls" threads Ela   - They are most entertaining

I do in a way as it is light relief from the usual calls we get.

I have to say though that the dogs that don't bark I can go with as our Badger really would not have. Although I appreciate that this is the exception rather than the rule.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 15:38:06 PM by Ela »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 13:23:29 PM »
I look forward to your  "silly phone calls" threads Ela  ;D - They are most entertaining

I just get the babies that don't cry and dogs that don't bark calls  :(
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 13:24:23 PM by Mark »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 12:09:54 PM »

I know what you are saying, but she didn't sound silly she lied. Also I would never post anything on here that would hurt anyone. I know this lady will never know.

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 12:01:54 PM »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
I WANT A CAT
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 11:51:18 AM »
A lady has just rang me and asked for a cat, I asked where she lived and it is a Lane were there are 6 bus's each way an hour plus lots of private traffic. I said we would only him an indoor cat on there as so many get involved in RTA’s. She said yes that is what I want, I will only let it out when I am in the garden. I explained that an indoor cat  should stay indoors. She said that is OK it will be indoors and when I am in the garden it will stay at my side. I explained  that is not an indoor cat and again she insisted it was and because the cat would gel with her it would stay at her side. I said what if say a bird flew on the fence and the cat jumped on the fence (That happened not too long ago,  a few min later the cat was killed on the road). She then told me that there were no birds where she lived. Funny thing is one of our fosterers lives very near her and she has load of what I though were birds in her garden. Looks like I need re- educating, fancy me thinking that things with feathers that fly in the air are birds.

Link to CatChat