Author Topic: LEGACY  (Read 2884 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: LEGACY
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 08:11:43 AM »
That was a wonderful gesture on his part, good luck on finding somewhere to have the pens Ela.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 08:02:12 AM »
Just a thought. 

:wow: It is a lovely thought,  thank you.  However, my plan  is that the whole garden will the run so to speak. The hard part will be finding someone who will have it. I am sure we will find someone eventually. It may take a couple of years but I will get there in the end.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 19:33:08 PM »
What a kind man and I hope you are able to get your oldies unit off the ground cos I think its a wonderful idea  ;D

Offline Fluffy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 17:30:33 PM »
Ela, if you go ahead with your plans to build some cat-runs let me know.  We have quite a bit of weldmesh here, which we'd be happy to donate if it would help--it's often expensive, and it could be useful.  I'd love to see some of it go to a cat rescue.  If you don't have to pay for the weldmesh you might be able to afford an extra run or two, if you can find the volunteers to host them.  Just a thought. 

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 17:32:41 PM »
wish you were nearer Coventry!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 16:36:03 PM »
I know Scotland is a bit faraway but have the space and commitment

If only you lived in our area it would be wonderful. ;D

ccmacey

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 16:04:11 PM »
Thats brilliant. What a nice man.

The gran's and grandad's of cats should be in a nice home getting loved for the rest of their lifes, not in rescues.  :(

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 15:49:00 PM »
Ela will volunteer thees something about the oldies they are always more greatful than the delinquents folks seem to want!

I know Scotland is a bit faraway but have the space and commitment - my oldest is 21 and a quarter and the youngest three are 19 months!!! :Crazy:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 12:39:53 PM »
What a wonderful old gent! I'm sure he would be extremely pleased to know what your intentions are for his donation! And as for a name I think naming it after him is a must perhaps ....gents name here.........Golden Garden!!
A home without a cat is just a house!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 10:42:12 AM »
Also i guess you need to be certain if its in a volunteers garden etc they are still going to be a volunteer in 5 years etc.

Got it in one

Out of interest how much does something like the fiv unit you already installed for want of better word take to get up and running

It cost about £8000 for the base and main safe haven compound, plus CP HQ donated a double Lindee Lu pen out of their commemorative fund. B & Q donated 3 table benches, and we also purchased the outside igloos etc.

I was just thinking if at the time you needed more funds to put towards we could maybe organise a fundraising on here ??

A lovely thought but I think there are other rescues on here whose needs are perhaps greater than ours. and perhaps if they did not have the funds they may not be able to take in a little one, where as we would find the money from somewhere. even if it meant going on the Town Hall top (well perhaps not that)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 09:57:15 AM »
yes i understand you will have to plan this carefully. possibly planning permission etc ?? (not sure if thats needed or not)  Also i guess you need to be certain if its in a volunteers garden etc they are still going to be a volunteer in 5 years etc.

Out of interest how much does something like the fiv unit you already installed for want of better word take to get up and running ?

I was just thinking if at the time you needed more funds to put towards we could maybe organise a fundraising on here ??

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 09:41:28 AM »
You never know - the family may have ignored him for years and be peed off the cats got the money instead of them  :evillaugh:

Great to know there are people like that around - just wish there were more.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 09:39:15 AM »
does he have any family that you could have a couple of suggestions and give them final pick or invite to the "opening" of the unit etc, would be lovely for them if he had any family that is.

I am not sure, I suppose we could find out from the solicitor, although as mentioned it will not be an immediate thing. It took about 2 years to get our FIV unit  after my initial idea.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 09:37:08 AM »
I think he'd have loved to know that's how his money was spent, Ela.

Well that is what I want to do with the money, just not really mentioned it yet to the others, much, I did however, mention it to our Treasurer yesterday. But she always says its your decision anyway.  So if we can find a volunteer I am sure it will go ahead, although I expect it will take a time as we have to be certain it it the right volunteer and not someone who just wants a new fence. Dam it we bought one not long ago ;D

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 09:34:02 AM »
thats fantastic ela, not that he died but he was so generous and thoughtful.

I think something along your lines of thought would be great rather than the money just be "swallowed up" if you know what i mean.  also naming a unit after him a must.

does he have any family that you could have a couple of suggestions and give them final pick or invite to the "opening" of the unit etc, would be lovely for them if he had any family that is.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 09:26:16 AM »
Awww, what an old diamond. :) I think he'd have loved to know that's how his money was spent, Ela.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
LEGACY
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 09:14:33 AM »
An old man used to come into our shop, to look at him you would think he was as poor as a church mouse, yet he always bought something and give a £5 or £10 not and say put the change in the cat (collecting box)

Yesterday a letter from a solicitor was received at the shop and the little old man had died and in his will has left us £10,000. Bless him.

I am thinking of trying to find someone with a garden who will have it made cat safe and have chalet type shed, with full amenities,  so we can have a ‘Golden Oldie unit’  where they can live their life in luxury (they don’t do bad now but more and more are needing to come in ) until we find them a purrfect home and perhaps name it after  the gentleman.

Link to CatChat