Author Topic: Gift Aid  (Read 3310 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Gift Aid
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 21:47:29 PM »
Wish we did have time to make half a dozen phone calls each day Ela!! Although actually, some days I do, all rescue related!! Might see if I can get the old adoption papers back off our treasurer, it works out at £9.80 with the adoption fee we charge, so not to be sniffed at.
Actually, Roger, that isn't a bad idea, it is a shame we missed the 10 year anniversary actually, it would have been a good one to do - dont suppose an 11 year anniversary sounds quite so good!!
Please spay your cat

fuzziesdad

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 12:05:29 PM »
sounds like you might be in for a good sized windfall des,so even the government help out,whatever I am sure it is much needed do you think its worth putting a small ad in the local rag or even get some keen young reporter to do an article so even if some of those don't come forward you might find other donations come in from those that read it I know ron had quite a surge from readers giving donations,food,blankets,and lots of people interested in adopting cats and the good thing is they were local cats,mostly ex-strays. 

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 10:21:17 AM »
Ela, Gift Aid is actually done by HQ, they have already asked us to check through the last 6 years for any adoptions not covered on the adoption papers.

With Cats Protection each Branch Treasurer is responsible for completing the Gift Aid claim forms and then they are passed on to HQ to submit.

Didn't know we could contact the donators though, if we could find someone who had the time to ring them all, it might be an option.

Lets hope it is possible to contact  at least some people, that way you could be in line for a windfall. Even if someone only has time to try to  contact half a dozen a day it possible would be worthwhile.  Gift Aid can be claimed as many times a year as you like. I think Helen our Treasurer waits until we have about £1000 owing.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 10:11:23 AM »
Ela, Gift Aid is actually done by HQ, they have already asked us to check through the last 6 years for any adoptions not covered on the adoption papers. Didn't know we could contact the donators though, if we could find someone who had the time to ring them all, it might be an option.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 10:03:30 AM »
If your Treasurer knows how much she has received and from whom (she should as records must be kept by law)  she can contact the donators and if they are willing to Gift Aid can claim back for the last 6 years. You could be in for thousands.  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 09:46:01 AM »
We can claim gift aid on ours - but then it is classed as a donation on the adoption form, it doesn't have a set fee. I hope we get a decent amount, but the rescue lady didn't realise the impact of it until Christmas, so we wont find out until next year how successful it has been.
Thanks for the link Roger, I hope it helps them out.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 08:38:35 AM »
be aware I don't think adoption fees actually qualify in the scheme of things as it can be argues that it is
 not a gift - it dep
ends on how the charity operates

I think some Charities don't have an adoption fee ;), they have a suggested minimum donation. ;D I think last year we had almost £4000 from Gift Aid.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 08:41:59 AM by Ela »

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 23:45:12 PM »
be aware I don't think adoption fees actually qualify in the scheme of things as it can be argues that it is
 not a gift - it dep
ends on how the charity operates.

fuzziesdad

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 23:32:59 PM »
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingMoney/GivingMoneyToCharity/DG_10015097

try this link des and there are others on google hope this helps.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Gift Aid
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 22:39:02 PM »
Can anyone direct me to a link about Gift Aid please? The charity I help fundraise for haven't heard about it, and they are registered, so want them to be able to benefit on things like their adoption fee. Is there anything else they can get as a registered charity?
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat