Author Topic: Mina's kittens are looking for a new home!  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
Re: Mina's kittens are looking for a new home!
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 16:46:43 PM »
Hi Ruba,

Just a few suggestions -

Do you have a local Cat's Protection?
They may have a waiting list at this time of the year for peeps wanting kittens and could forward them onto you?

Or you could ask your vets if they could display a poster in their waiting room?

Also, try any local pet shops, many have boards you could display a small notice, or will happily pass your details on to anyone asking about kittens.

I know you're not in a hurry to home them, but your best chance is probably now before the rescues become inundated with little kitties, plus you may find it more difficult to rehome once they're older. 

Good luck!

J.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 16:40:05 PM »
Hi Ruba

I would deffo home them in pairs, its nice for them to have a partner in crime when destroying their new owners leather sofa   :evillaugh:
Have you asked your local rescues if they have a referral book you can go in?
I would put ads up in your local surgery, if anyone comes forward you can ask the vets about them hee hee

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 15:46:19 PM »
Hope you manage to find good homes for these babies  ;D

Here's how to resize pics...  I'd be happy to resize and post them for you if you wanted, my email is in my profile.

How to post pics

I have recently started using photobucket, you upload your pic to photobucket.com, you then resize the pic clicking edit above the photo, click resize and choose the messageboard size.  To make the photo show in the actual post (rather than a link to photobucket) all you need to do is instead of copying the URL link from photobucket (top box under the pic in photobucket) you copy the I M G code (third box under the pic in photobucket) this inserts I M G at the end - then paste that into your post, this way the actual pic shows up instead of a link to it.  With photobucket you choose where the pic goes ie) Photo then some words underneath 'I love Tiggy she's so pretty' then another photo then more words etc but if you choose the method below it puts all pics at the bottom of the post.

Another way...

If you use XP there is a great resizing tool, once you have downloaded it (takes 30 secs) you don't start a special program, just go to your pics in the normal place and right click on the picture you want and resize - dead easy. Resizing a pic then takes about 2 seconds.  You're pic will show at the bottom of the post fairly small but when anyone clicks on the actual pic it displays it larger.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

It's the 11th one down on the right hand side - Image resize.
Once installed right click on the photo you want to resize.
Select resize pictures
Select advanced
Select custom
Put in 400 by 300 (can actually be larger than this as the site has recently increased it's photo size limit so play around if you want them even bigger)
Click ok and it makes a custom photo ready for uploading in the normal way.

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 09:45:11 AM »
Aww Ruba wish I could help you, I love bringing kittens up.

That's a shame you can't keep any :( I know what you mean about homes as well, I would never want to give any of them away hahaha  :rofl:

Good luck and keep us updated

Sarah x

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 19:50:48 PM »
Keep them !!!  :evillaugh:

If not try and rehome them in pairs so they have each other for company

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 19:36:46 PM »
Hi Mina...did the journalist woman not come to anything ?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 19:21:48 PM »
Lets have some pictures, names and where in the country are you, cos that will help peeps. ;D

Next is the big question, has Mina been spayed now?

Offline Ruba

• Adult Cat
Mina's kittens are looking for a new home!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 19:16:42 PM »
Hi everyone,

you might not remember me, I posted here before about Mina and her 4 lovely kittens.
They are now 8 weeks old and I'll need to start looking for homes  :'(
I love them very much and they seem to have such great fun playing together, I really don't know how am I going to part them, and part from them!  They are VERY lovely characters, all of them.
I am in no rush at all to give them away, as you might have guessed, but I really wish to find homes where they will be as cherished as all your beautiful cats are. 

I know that the majority of you guys already have your habds full with less "popular" cats, like oldies, middle aged and not-so-loved poor sweeties, so I feel a bit ... can't think of a word here!  Maybe out of place is the right one.  But I think you lot are so great with cats, so loving and well tuned in with them, I really wish one of you would take Mina's kittens on.

I've tried posting ads on internet ads sites, but I have to say the people who answered are either foreigners in the country for a short while, young married couples (loads give cats up when babies come along, don't they?) or just plain dodgy.

I"M GOING OUT OF MY MIND!!!!!!
I'd like to know how they are doing in their new lives, and maybe occasionally get a picture of them...
Can you advise what's best for me to do?  If I give them to a charity I will never hear of them again, will I?
That would be so sad.

Can you help???
 :thanks:

Link to CatChat