Author Topic: DISPOSABLE COMMODITY  (Read 6192 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: DISPOSABLE COMMODITY
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2007, 08:31:57 AM »
She is fine and settled in very well with her fosterer.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2007, 16:04:03 PM »
so she is just a very pretty moggy. 

you are right she is

I think it is wrong to deceive people

We are not deceiving anyone, any potential owner will be in no doubt the little one is not a full pedigree.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2007, 15:42:46 PM »
There wont be papers for crosses, purely because crosses are technically moggies as they can't be registered. The point of the post is that you dont know she is crossed with that breed, as you have no papers or anything to back it up, so she is just a very pretty moggy. Normally, more people will enquire if a description has a ped in it, but if you dont truly know, I think it is wrong to deceive people.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2007, 04:28:12 AM »
although not sure you should be putting her as a pedigree cross as you don't have papers for her, she might not be, the majority of ped traits can be found in moggies.

I am only putting what the fosterer has asked me to put. I don't know a thing about pedigrees so perhaps you can tell me, would there necessarily be papers if a cat was a X? To be honest I don't really think people will care what she is as she is so adorable, then again aren't they all even the 'they who must be obeyed type'

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2007, 22:16:29 PM »
Aww, I am sure she will find a home quite soon, although not sure you should be putting her as a pedigree cross as you dont have papers for her, she might not be, the majority of ped traits can be found in moggies.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 22:04:56 PM »
Is she still weeing in undesirable places?

Strangely enough since she has been with us and she had been provided with a litter tray,  guess what? She uses it every time. what a surprise.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2007, 19:55:00 PM »
Im going to start a thingy wotsits breeding plan and sell them on name removed, il take orders now...

Is she still weeing in undesirable places?

Edited: Hi Peeps! Pls note that all references to the ad site have been removed. Please see http://www.chaptanservices.com/purrs/index.php?topic=4722.0 as to why. Thanks!!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 22:32:52 PM by Kittybabe (Ruth) »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2007, 18:55:42 PM »
very rare beasties

Yes a new breed and so very expensive ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007, 18:49:32 PM »
thingy whatsit

Im desperate for one of them  :rofl:  very rare beasties  :evillaugh:

Shes gorgeous, hope she finds a new slave soon

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007, 18:23:57 PM »
is she part ped or something as she's unusual colour

Yes a thingy whatsit ;D

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 18:22:19 PM »
Are they the ones that can blow over in high wind

Donna who has the van does not like Baked Beans ;D. To be honest I have no idea, we have been using the van now for 3 years and had no problems. My brother also drives one for his job and had been doing so for many, many years and he also has not had a problem,  although that is not to say  it couldn't happen.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2007, 18:20:19 PM »
She looks lovely ela, is she part ped or something as she's unusual colour..lovely tho, i hope she gets a lovely home soon and that poor girl isnt too heartbroken.  :(

Pete..thanks X

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007, 18:14:46 PM »
have you got a big van ela

er no a Suzuki Carry

Are they the ones that can blow over in high wind? :rofl:

p.s I just noticed the picture - gorgeous!!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 18:16:32 PM by Cheesecat (Dawn) »
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 14:31:47 PM »
Just caught up with this.

I would love to say that I am shocked by the original story but it is a sad endictment of areas of our society when I say I am not.  I also blame the people who sit back and say nothing in these cases. In these sort of cases Silence is not golden.At least you were alerted in this case.

Lynn - I am not normally stuck for a word or two but don't know what to say. This thread has opened up some old wounds that are deeply disturbing and shocking. For what it is worth you have my heartfelt sympathy for having to go through so much. I hope you don't mind me saying but I looked at the member's gallery photos and noticed your addition a w hile ago. It's a lovely photo but I said to my wife that there was something haunting about your eyes that suggested that you had been through a lot. None of my business, of course, but little  did I realise just how much you had suffered.

If people don't understand and accept the bond that children (in particular) build with animals, they understand absolutely nothing and are pretty worthless in my book.
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 14:29:06 PM »
Fingers crossed that she finds a good home soon

She will certainly find  a home that deserves her, I know because I do all the vetting.

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 13:30:22 PM »
I'm utterly speechless (and believe me it takes a lot to get me this way). that is just despicable! I hope little Candy finds a perfect home soon!
A home without a cat is just a house!

fuzziesdad

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 12:56:42 PM »
Oh, my word.  She is gorgeous, and looks very similar to Timmy, who had to be PTS last September (I still miss him sleeping by my side, and his amazingly loud purr...). 

I'd have her like a shot but suspect that my two boys, four cats, and two dogs would prove a little too much for her.  Thank you for taking her in.  Fingers crossed that she finds a good home soon.
talking of blind cats.
you would be surprised our kitty who we had to take home after an aborted re-home literally had to be dumped on our lounge floor(we had an empty pen but thought it unfair after living indoors for so long) with 4 other seeing cats,she coped so well little angel and when she found the cat flap and squeezed through it (and I mean squeezed she had to move her tum from side to side to get out)her life and ours changed.
We had 3 fantastic years with her until she passed on(she also had CRF and was always living on borrowed time)she was the most wonderful,fearless,affectionate,cat and nothing ever phased her not even going to the bridge.
kitty was also one of those DISPOSABLE COMMODITIES who I am sure was an angel in disguise,I think candy could also be one of those little angels.       

Offline Fluffy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 12:09:23 PM »
Oh, my word.  She is gorgeous, and looks very similar to Timmy, who had to be PTS last September (I still miss him sleeping by my side, and his amazingly loud purr...). 

I'd have her like a shot but suspect that my two boys, four cats, and two dogs would prove a little too much for her.  Thank you for taking her in.  Fingers crossed that she finds a good home soon.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 08:48:26 AM »
Sorry forgot to mention we have now found out Candy is completely blind. I already have her on my site in the Gallery

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 14:28:01 PM by Ela »

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 13:50:41 PM »
we could get round that...i'll tie mine onto the roof  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 19:53:12 PM »
have you got a big van ela

er no a Suzuki Carry

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 19:46:43 PM »
have you got a big van ela  :rofl:

i got a few more you can have..F.O.C  of course  ;D ;D :evillaugh:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 19:44:21 PM »
That reminds me I have a little boy that pee's in the house does anyone want him, lol

Just chuck in in the back of our van.

fuzziesdad

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 18:48:58 PM »
heartbreaking stories people like the dad of the girl who will have a loved cat missing get decent people a bad name but as you have said his saving grace was that he bothered to get it into a rescue,I really do not know how he will be able to live with himself. >:(

ccmacey

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 18:17:30 PM »
My gum how do these people cope with kids?

That reminds me I have a little boy that pee's in the house does anyone want him, lol

Nasty man.  >:(

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 17:42:47 PM »
was just thinking your getting your fair share of one eyed cats just now aswell arent you.

I have just found out that Candy has problems with both eyes, I think Donna is taking her to the vets tomorrow morning.

Are we. I have just received another call about a cat in a bad way and guess what he/she has eye probs. Unfortunately he/she needs trapping but we will set the ball in motion ASAP. like later today if poss.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 19:43:29 PM by Ela »

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 16:47:08 PM »
 :rofl: atleast i would have been justified  :rofl:

i was just thinking your getting your fair share of one eyed cats just now aswell arent you.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 16:32:05 PM »
but i did spent many an hour as a child plotting how to commit murder.

A Tracy Barlow in the making ;D

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 16:17:05 PM »
its awful esp when its kids or young adults who have had the pets since childhood, i do think its often our strongest attachment to animals.

As for my own situ..i think i posted not long ago i get on with my parents ok but dont  think i'd ever go as far to say i loved them.   You see for me i still bear the odd scar of physical abuse but its the scarring of mental and emotional abuse that lingers...i had the chance to get taken into care when i was around 12 ish..(my mother still doesnt know about that LOL) but i spent 3 hours locked in a room with child services at school swearing blind all that they had been told (by well meaning friends) was in the past and my mother was now whiter than white....I had to do that ---- I couldnt possibly have left my sooty, so there you might begin to understand my attachment to him because i suffered 3 or 4 more years of abuse and progressivly more serious violence for him and in return he was my world, i only regret going to study away from  home for a year and missing out on that year with him, altho i was at home in hols and i knew he was ok coz by that time we had moved to town and lived 2 doors away from my animal loving granny  ;D

Its not me i felt sorry for tho, it was always the animals but i did spent many an hour as a child plotting how to commit murder.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 16:12:59 PM »
Sooo sad ... Lynn my heart goes out to you.

Fingers crossed Candy's little girl will be told the truth at least .... not that that will make it any easier for her for at least she won't be worrying about where her cat has gone.

Why are there so many heartless people out there  :(
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 16:04:50 PM »
father had shot both flip and my goat  

Oh Lynn how awful for you. Had that been me I would never have spoken to my parents again. Although being a teenager I expect it would have been a problem. I now however, understand what you have written about your parents in the past.

I remember once we had a cat signed into us A few weeks later put the pictures of cats we had in the paper, anyway I received a phone call from a young lady  saying it was her lost cat. I said I didn't think it could have been as the cat was signed over to us. The girl insisted so I asked where she lived.  I  said leave it with me I will get back to you. I then phoned the fosterer who had the cat to confirm that it was handed over to us  and from where. The addresses matched. Unbeknown to the young lady her parents had given us the cat because they didn't want it. I phoned the girl back and said the cat had indeed been signed over to us, but she insisted on seeing it, so we arranged for the fosterer to come to my house and the girl came with her boyfriend. The girl then said it was her cat and she wanted it back and that no way was it signed over (her parents had earlier denied to her  giving us the cat and also as she was on her way to my house they rang to say they would not have it back). I then had to tell her  what her parents had done and the fact that as she lived with them there was no way she could have the cat back, she did not believer me, but then my phone rang and it was the girls mother who asked to speak to her, fortunately she told her daughter the trout, it was awful and at the end everyone was in tears.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 15:47:27 PM »
Lynn - that is absolutely heartbreaking.

However, I dont know whether anything has improved on farms hopefully it has on some.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 15:30:20 PM »
awful ela but his only saving grace is that he bothered to contact you in the first place  ;D

your post reminds me of several incidents in my childhood.

firstly the sheepdogs had puppies, one was as much use for working as a chocolate fire guard and i got her, she didnt live inside but i tended to her and she was my dog..Flip was her name and a lovely natured border/bearded collie cross.  Unfortunately when she got off her tether (i was a child so tethering not my doing !) she would run back down to the lower part of the farm where she was born and her "family" ie other dogs still lived, sometimes this meant running through neighboring farmers fields and upsetting sheep..in the end i was told she was sold to a man in inverness who lived in a town. ok
then i had my beloved goats (one of my fave animals,im passionate about them) Jack and Jill..Jill ended up dying but jack was like a dog, hugely protective over me and killed a cockeral that was attacking me at the time (well all but killed it)..i luved him, however for some reason i dont know he was put in the field with the sheep...apparently according to my mother my fathers father had said he was trying to mate with the sheep and complained..i was given the option of sellling him (but manipulated into giving in)  that day i kept thinking about it and came home from school to day i had changed my mind, i couldnt part with jack..mum said oh he's already gone..the float driver that had came to colllect pigs had taken him coz he knew someone who wanted to buy him..i was given £5 supposedly from the lorry driver.

When i grew up abit (teenager) my mother had been having a go as normal and threw in my face that my fathers father had shot both flip and my goat  :'( :'( :'( :'(

We also had farm cats, only a few got in the house (my soots being one  ;D) and of course non were ever taken to vets or neutered...a man was brought in to "kull" some of them..only he shot ones that werent on the "list"of course when he and my father came in for coffee i saw the blood of my cats on their wellies  :'( :'( :'( :'(

I feel sorry for the little child coming home and the lies she will be told about her cat..these lies can still hurt even in our adulthood as most of the time friendships between animals and children are very underestimated.  :'(

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 15:07:15 PM »
My god, you must really believe in that saying "the more people I meet, the more I love my cat"

:( horrible horrible man
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
DISPOSABLE COMMODITY
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 15:01:06 PM »
For a short time a cat named Candy who is blind in one eye has been on out list of cats waiting to come in. Last week I tried to contact the owner to say we could take her in. However, the phone had been disconnected so I asked Donna to call round. She went to the house but the owner was out,  she left a note and as she was leaving she saw a neighbour who said Oh! just take the cat. Obviously Donna could not do that. Over they weekend I spoke to Donna and asked if she had heard anything from the owner, no was the answer so I asked her if she could call in when she was in the area. Anyway this afternoon she went to the house and the owner just said Oh! have you come for the cat, before Donna could say anything he ran in the house and literally threw Candy in the van, and said do I have to see it again. Candy's crime was to weeeeeeeeee in the house, now as we all know if you have a litter tray that sometimes solves the problem, and a vet check is a must. I also know that a little girl will come home from school tonight and find her cat missing, I bet daddy will not say a word. When will it all end I ask myself, never I tell myself.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 15:09:56 PM by Ela »

Link to CatChat