Author Topic: need to rehome my boys  (Read 10120 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: need to rehome my boys
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2007, 09:23:26 AM »
Was this situation resolved please?
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Claire Hirsch

• Adult Cat
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2007, 13:31:30 PM »
Someone may have suggested this already Jane but have you tried HAWS rescue? If you go to CatChat (I think there's a link on this site) and type in HAWS or London Rescues you should find it... They are lovely people and very close to you. They may be full up, but perhaps might be able to suggest something else if so... Otherwise if you can travel it's probably worth contacting other London rescues...
For example North London CPL (Archway) often have enquiries for kittens and do thorough home-checks with new owners... However they do usually keep cats in pens because that way they are homed most quickly. (People come in off the street and see the cats). Kittens rarely stay there more than a week. Again, I can't guarantee they'll have space as the London cat problem is as bad as anywhere... But worth a go I'd say.

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2007, 22:11:02 PM »
Any news on the boys yet?

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2007, 23:07:29 PM »
It is also usual for reputable breeders to withhold paperwork until evidence of neutering has been provided esp registration papers for pedigree cats on the non-active register.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2007, 17:13:02 PM »
Ok I am really confused no rep breeder would sell you a kitten under 12 - 13 weeks as kittens have there first jabs at 9 weeks and there 2nd at 12 the breeder keeps the kitten to 13 weeks to make sure kitten doesn't have a reaction to there jabs. You say you have papers where is your kitten reg under is it the Gccf if it is contact them and let them know that they are selling them under age also your kitten couldn't of had a full course of vacs so what you paid was way over what you should of. You need to contact where ever your kitten is reg under so they can stop this happing to other people.good luck and let us know how you get on.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2007, 12:37:42 PM »
Jane im sure as they are still young kittens they wouldn't a rescue for long and you would also have piece of mind that they will be going to good homes.

Spot on, I am receiving dozens of calls a week and we have no kittens or young cats.

Offline jane

• Kitten
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2007, 12:13:59 PM »
hIya

i will make some enquiries tomorrow.

i got the moggy from a diff person. they dont share bdays' just the same week  :(

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 11:59:10 AM »
Hiya Jane.

Firstly there are many rescue/rehoming places where the kittens wouldnt necessarliy be in a pen, like a few peeps on here run rescues and they have the cats in their houses etc.

Also did you get the domestic shorthair kitten(moggie) from the same breeder ?? I just found it odd that both the pedigree and moggie were born on the same date, Ive never heard of a breeder of pedigrees breeding moggie cats aswell.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 11:35:57 AM »
Who is your BSH registered with?  If it's the GCCF I'd contact them about a "breeder" selling a kitten under 13 weeks - that's assuming you've had him longer than a week?  From your posts it sounds like you have had him longer than that - apologies if I'm wrong.

I really do think the best thing for these 2 is to be handed over to a rescue, esp if you want them to stay together.   As they're young I'm guessing they'd be snapped up pretty quickly.  Have you contacted a british short hair rescue?  I'm sure there must be one (or more than 1).

Offline jane

• Kitten
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2007, 11:32:12 AM »
Definately together they love each other to bits, eat , sleep and play together. :'(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2007, 11:28:02 AM »
Jane, this is a really sad situation, do you want them to go together?

Offline jane

• Kitten
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2007, 11:20:06 AM »
I live near Heathrow Airport

ccmacey

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2007, 11:18:32 AM »
Where abouts do you live Jane?

Offline jane

• Kitten
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2007, 11:16:09 AM »
Hiya

Yes i have full papers and full insurance.... etc.  i will seriously consider the CP option tonight x

ccmacey

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2007, 11:12:17 AM »
Jane im sure as they are still young kittens they wouldnt be in a rescue for long and you would also have piece of mind that they will be going to good homes. I dont think you would get as much for them as you paid so I think better to put them in a rescue, you can also tell the rescue that you want them homed together. Do you have the papers for the BSH?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2007, 11:10:11 AM »
Jane - do you have registration papers for the BSH? 

Offline jane

• Kitten
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 11:05:32 AM »
Thanks Ruth much appreciated.  I did contact the breeder she is not interested whch is concerning to say the least.

Im not giving up just yet, im sure the CPL would treat them well i just cant bear the thought of them being couped up in runs whilst at the moment they have the full run of my house - sad sad situation  :-[

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 11:05:25 AM »
I'm confused as to where you got them from - I assume you didn't get either from a reputable breeder or a rescue?  Because with such young kittens that you've had such a short time I'd always say return them to the person you got them from.  Most rescues will take back a kitten if it's obvious it's not going to work out within a matter of weeks.  And as I said earlier, a reputable breeder will not only be willing to take back a kitten in these circumstances but would request it.  But a reputable breeder would not sell a kitten under 13 weeks.

As to selling them - I can understand that you'd want to try and get some of your money back but it does sound as though you've paid over the odds for them, for the BSH at least.  The price you quoted is, as far as I know, towards the top end of what I'd expect to pay for a pet quality kitten from a reputable breeder, fully vaccinated, 6 weeks insurance etc.  I don't think you can expect to get anything like what you paid for him, although it is always good to ask for a small fee/donation for any cat.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 11:02:02 AM »
Jane no one is here to ridicule you. Like you, our thoughts are with the cats and making sure that the best is done for them. If all other solutions are not viable for you, you may need to really consider giving them up to the CP where they can be taken care of in the way you wish.

Also earlier Susanne mentioned a good point about your pedigree. You shoudl contact the breeder as they may want to take the cat back, you should read the contract you have with them. It may land up costing you more in legal fees if you are found to be breaking that contract than if you ask the breeder to take the cat back.

I hope you find the best solution, we are here to listen if you wish us to, but not knowing you, you should also expect many here to want to question the situation as they are very very very experience cat owners, breeders and rescuers.

Offline jane

• Kitten
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 10:53:32 AM »
Ela i leave for work early - a neighbour 3 doors down who leaves for work 2 hours after me says she hears them, i am not aware of how long they cry for.

I leave plenty of fresh water and food for them and rush home to give them more when i can.

This was not my intention to come here and get ridiculed - i am a cat lover, always have been, support the CPL when i can and love my boys to bits....... if i was being selfish i would keep them as they are but i do have their best interests at heart   :tired:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 10:48:49 AM »
no my neighbours i dont know them, and i know they work anyway.

In that case how can they say
they cry all the time for me ( so neighbours say)

To be honest with you I really think this this needs to be resolved ASAP is it is not fair that such young kittens should be left for so long. I am also wondering how they are managing to get the number of meals they need a day at such a young age.

I am sure the kittens interest is  your main priority. If you cannot find anyone to purchase them a rescue may be the only option.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 10:49:10 AM by Ela »

Offline jane

• Kitten
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 10:28:44 AM »
no my neighbours i dont know them, and i know they work anyway.

I have had them just over  a month now - they were born on 24th nov   :) 

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 10:27:09 AM »
Can't you pay your neighbours to go in a couple of times a day to feed and play with the little ones. (If they are willing of course) At least that perhaps would be a short term solution.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 10:25:45 AM »
Jane how long have you had them?

Offline jane

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 10:22:54 AM »
Hiy no i have to sell them i paid over £400 for both and cant afford to give them away.

ccmacey

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 10:20:39 AM »
Jane, are you trying to sell the cats or are you giving them away?

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 10:19:23 AM »
If you give them the cats with a donation to

The chance would be a fine thing, only once in a blue moon does anyone give us anything to help with the costs. Some say they will sponsor the cat or more usually cats until a new home can be found, in reality it never happens. It is surprising how soon they forget. I suppose out of sight out of mind.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 09:49:56 AM »
Jane would you consider donating the cats to the CP rather than selling them? If you give them the cats with a donation to help their upkeep while they find them new homes you may find that there is a better chance they get a good home?

Offline jane

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 09:48:27 AM »
 :'(  NO JOY AS YET NO 

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 09:16:04 AM »
Any news on these two furbabes?

saffron

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 11:58:29 AM »
hope you find a home for them

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 14:46:20 PM »
good point susanne...registered pedigree cats arent allowed to be sold before they are 13 wks old i think which is 3 months ??? thats abit odd !

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 13:46:45 PM »
Hi Jane

:welcome: to Purrs

I'm sorry you find yourself in a postion where you need to rehome your boys.

re the british shorthair - have you contacted the breeder you got him from?  Most breeders request that kittens they sell are returned to them if the new owners need to rehome them.  Many will stipulate this in a contract.  If he's only 3 months you can't have had him long?

I hope you manage to find good, loving homes for them both one way or another. 

ccmacey

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 13:36:48 PM »
Ah, Im looking for a white kitty but Heathrow is too far away. How much you looking to get for these too?

Or are you rehoming them for free/ to a charity?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 13:40:49 PM by ccmacey »

Offline hels

• Adult Cat
  • george tink jap connie riley morgan josh perkins
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 13:11:24 PM »
try contacting hounslow animal welfare society, they are a great charity in your area and i'm sure they could help. their website is www.haws-animals.org.uk

Offline jane

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 13:10:05 PM »
I have taken on a job as general manager, i have to travel extensively and at the moment working 7 days a week
from 8 am to 9pm, they cry all the time for me ( so neighbours say) and are clearly not happy- whereby i was coming home at 5
now not the case anymore  :-[   i am based near Heathrow

Offline hels

• Adult Cat
  • george tink jap connie riley morgan josh perkins
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 13:05:41 PM »
also jane whereabouts in the country are you?

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 13:01:44 PM »
Hello Jane,

What are your new working circumstances which will not allow you to keep your two?

Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline jane

• Kitten
need to rehome my boys
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 12:56:03 PM »
  :( I have two 3 month old kittens, a creme - white british shorthair and a black kitten. I need to sell them due to
my new working circumstances and am gutted but its in their best interest.  I paid £370 for the bsh and £50 for the black moggy.
Any help / push in the right direction would be great.  I have no family here to help me and no neighbours to assist so have no choice

jane

Link to CatChat