Author Topic: Mark's cats  (Read 17908 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Mark's cats
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2007, 21:49:53 PM »
Lov the last photo of the pussy in wrinkled Pyjamas.  What a beauty!  Bless that little darling.

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2007, 19:09:29 PM »
Awwww Angie they are gorgeous  :Luv:

Thank goodness they are with Gill now  ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2007, 15:23:13 PM »
Wow!!! brilliant news I'm so, so pleased for them she sounds a v lovely lady and the cats look superb  ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

saffron

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2007, 20:00:14 PM »
this is fantastic news so pleased they found a home

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2007, 19:55:44 PM »
Yep, well done Nicky. :) I'm sure Mark would be glad to know how much effort you put into finding Tiko,Weasel and Toby a safe place. (I will admit to falling for Weasel based solely on her description and her picture confirms my suspicions; she's a stunner!)

I'm so glad these guys have got somewhere safe. I've been wondering about them all weekend.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2007, 19:22:22 PM »
Wow so much progress since I last looked at this post.

Nicky you are a wonderful caring  sister and I am sure Mark would be so pround of the amount of hardwork and effort you put into helping his precious furbabes. You have definatley "done him proud".  Condolences to you and your parents on the loss of Mark.

Angie;  You are fantastic.  Once again you have gone above and beyond the call of duty to help a very deserving furry family  :hug:

I am so pleased that all 3 kitties have settled into their new forever home and have some new furry (or furless in one case) friends.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2007, 17:46:55 PM »
Well said Tan. If only other relatives would bother as much.
I was telling Nicky on Saturday, the poor pets are usually just thought of as things to get rid of ASAP.
It wouldn't put any of us out of business but it would certainly help a great deal.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2007, 17:17:33 PM »
Ooo Ange You bloomin wonderful woman you. They look at home already  ;D

Love Weasel what beautiful colours he has and well i love all of them  :ahh:

What a fantastic story.  :Luv: :Flowers: :yesss:

Well done to Nicky. You done a great thing rescuing those wonderful babes and your brother will be soo pround of you.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 17:18:33 PM by Tan »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2007, 16:07:41 PM »
Thats great news! I love the last pic  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2007, 15:54:35 PM »
That is so great, I am over the moon with happiness for them  ;D ;D

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2007, 15:53:41 PM »
This is their forever home.
Nicky spent a few hours with me on Saturday and we went to visit Gill so that Nicky could do a home vetting.
I'd happily leave my cats in Gills care and cannot think of any higher praise than that!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2007, 15:52:40 PM »
That's my question too, Gill. Glad they're all safe. :) I love the grumpy looking bald cat, he's ace!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 19:51:54 PM by JackSpratt »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2007, 15:50:14 PM »
Oh my Angie that is wonderful news I am so happy for them. Is this a forever home or  a foster.

The cats look wonderful  ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2007, 15:18:51 PM »
this is fantastic news, I have been thinking about them all weekend!!

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2007, 15:04:04 PM »
Gill, who has taken them on does a lot of good work with the old and infirm cats that no one else wants. If you don't believe me - well really who could love this little thing!

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2007, 15:02:36 PM »
And because I was there with my camera a couple more photos of some of their new friends.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2007, 15:01:28 PM »
This is old Moses who is in the same home - he was a stray in Coventry and Gill took him in for us - (if any of you remember from CC)
He was called Montgomery but managed to get out after a couple of weeks and was seen sitting in the middle of Earlson high street cleaning himself with cars stopped all around.
He is deaf so didn't mind the name change.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2007, 14:58:56 PM »
The just arrived Tiko

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2007, 14:58:02 PM »
Hi all, thought I'd step in and give you an update.
Weasel and Toby went to their new home on Saturday. We set a trap yesterday and this morning I went to pick up Tiko, who had lovely Pilchard breathe on him and was sporting a wound on his head - been fighting methinks.
Anyway, he was promptly reunited with his friends at at about 11am, Weasel had a good long sniff and a little hiss - she obviously recognises him but is currently having to get used to her other new friends in the house including a 6 month old british blue called TJ who has fallen in love with her and keeps following her around and getting the odd bop.
Tiko immediatlely settled down in a bed he found and looks very relieved. Toby has decided to debunk under a dresser but comes out for chicken and fuss. Weasel is telling all her new friends that the new princess is in town.

Anyway - want photos? Haven't one of Toby yet but no doubt one will follow shortly.

so first off (of Course!) Weasel

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2007, 11:41:17 AM »
Hey Nicky, have you had any luck?

I posted on a couple of forums for you, hope one of them worked!

saffron

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2007, 11:34:36 AM »
I'm afraid I'm not in the area but have related to some contacts if anyone can help with temp accom. to contact me asp. Just as a thought have you contacted Sue at mymoggy  who may be able to help or do an urgent appeal 

Offline Marks Cats

• Kitten
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2007, 17:41:18 PM »
Yes, it's Weasel and Toby, Berks area.

Thanks!

got a reply from Hounslow (HAWS) who I contacted earlier, but they can't help - I'm out of their area.  :(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2007, 17:06:42 PM »
Absolutely understandable. OK, so it's Weasel and Toby and they need temporary accomodation in the Berks area? That's right, isn't it?

I'll post your email address so if anyone can help they can email you directly. I really hope someone can.

Good luck, Nicky.(JUst as a side note, I think Weasel sounds adorable! :))

Offline Marks Cats

• Kitten
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2007, 17:01:41 PM »
This might sound odd, but would you like me to put a request on another forum I use? It's a reptile forum, but a lot of the people on it have cats or dogs too.

JackSpratt, feel free to cross-post. Anyone independent and not associated with a reputable rescue I will want to check out for myself before handing the cats over for either fostering or rehoming so that's fine.

may thanks

Nicky

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2007, 16:47:20 PM »
This might sound odd, but would you like me to put a request on another forum I use? It's a reptile forum, but a lot of the people on it have cats or dogs too.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2007, 16:20:46 PM »
Good luck, and in an email you can also tell them briefly of the predicament.

Offline Marks Cats

• Kitten
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2007, 16:14:34 PM »
Scroll down this link Nicky and you will see them.........Hounslow animal welfare

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/london.html

However there are many others on that link, but they are London and Middx

This is the link for Berkshire

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/berks.html

Gill - many thanks for that. I hadn't found that organisation before. Have just left a VM and sent an email to them.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2007, 16:05:14 PM »
Scroll down this link Nicky and you will see them.........Hounslow animal welfare

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/london.html

However there are many others on that link, but they are London and Middx

This is the link for Berkshire

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/berks.html

« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 16:09:01 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Marks Cats

• Kitten
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2007, 15:59:43 PM »
have you tried HAWS? they are in hounslow but have a lot of fosterers who might able to help if you can move them over that way?

hels - thanks - who are HAWS? How can I contact them? Hounslow is Middlesex isn't it - that's manageable.

Offline hels

• Adult Cat
  • george tink jap connie riley morgan josh perkins
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2007, 15:45:44 PM »
have you tried HAWS? they are in hounslow but have a lot of fosterers who might able to help if you can move them over that way?

Offline Marks Cats

• Kitten
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2007, 15:30:20 PM »
OK, I'm really struggling to get these 2 cats into somewhere this weekend.

The Coventry fosterer has very kindly agreed to keep them for a few more days, but I will still collect them this weekend if I can find somewhere near Berkshire for them to go - Does anyone know anywhere they could be put up for just a few days in Berkshire area?

I have tried most places again this week but they are full. I have a few calls and emails due back to me but I'm not hugely hopeful. I keep wondering about collecting them anyway and keeping them in my garage /  shed for the interim, which is hardly an improvement on their current situation. I just can't see how I can keep them even in the spare bedroom - the door is one of those olf-fashioned ones you just push to open. Although perhaps I could fit a new handle. My dogs will go stir-crazy. It would be terribly stressful for the cats.

I can now only post on 2 forums, since one has suspended my account, I can only assume becasue of my last post. Maybe they are reviewing it in case they think it's defamatory, however, I have only expressed absolute truth. This clearly reduces the number of internet outlets I have to find somewhere, and the potential audience for finding somewhere for the cats.

Nicky

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2007, 15:06:36 PM »
What a terrible story, she sounds like a right  :censored:

I think Weasel & Toby are at a fosterers and are being moved to be nearer to Nicky in Berkshire.
Tiko is still missing at the old squat where the neighbour was feeding them.

One of the few things precious in your brothers life and shes using them in her twisted games. I feel sorry for the dog who has little chance of escape.
Maybe when you have all 3 cats Nicky you would consider reporting her to the RSPCA. They are unfortunately the only people with legal power.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2007, 12:44:27 PM »
Nicky that is a heartbreaking story and peeps on here will try as hard as they can to help the cats but as you probably gather most of us have a few cats already, I have 4!

One thing that may help us is to start with for you to go into your account and add Nicky infront of Marks Cats so that it will show up on the forum, a bit like my name is done, then we will know who we are talking to. If you need any help on this just ask.

Second for my dumb self and anyone who is confused can you give us the names of all three cats and say where each one is currently.

I am not sure which ones you have now although I think maybe you have two of them. If this is the case can you also just clarify what the situation and location is of the third one.

Then I think we will have a start point to work from.

I do hope that all 3 can be got together quickly in one location.

Thank you very much for letting us know the story which must have been so hard to tell, but you are right it helps to talk and we are anonymus to you and that always helps.  :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2007, 09:41:45 AM »
Nicky,

Firstly, apologies for getting names confused and if any of my posts insinuated anything I'm sorry for that too.(I don't think they did, but I'm pretty bad at how I word things sometimes.)

It sounds like you and your family have had some terrible experiences and you must be a very strong person to have come through so much.

I also would like to help, but already having four cats of my own, there's no way I could take another three on.(Believe me, if I had the money, I would!) I will, however, try and make people more aware of these three cats and their need for a home together. Have you posted on Pet Rescue UK?

I hope things improve drastically for you soon, you deserve it after so much heartbreak.

Offline Marks Cats

• Kitten
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2007, 06:40:38 AM »
Apologies in advance, but I am going to post this incredibly long post for a couple of reasons:

I want to clarify 2 things:

1) My name is Nicky. I was Mark’s older sister by 1 year. I didn’t correct the name misunderstanding before on some forums since it took me a bit by surprise, then it didn’t seem very important, and I also felt it was nice that people were still addressing Mark after he’s gone. I thought he might even quite like it.

2) Also, I wanted to explain myself – why I constantly allude to a complicated situation, why my posts and approach might seem a bit confusing and unusual, and why I am so desperate to find Mark’s cats a good home. I am no stranger to animal rescue, I rehome dogs myself, and transport dogs between rescues, fosterers, and rehomers when time permits, although I’ve not done this for over 2 years now. I also know, from past experience, being involved in dog rescue in a small way and related forums, how judgemental or suspicious a few people can become if they think they have spotted a contradiction in a poster’s posts, or an approach they don’t entirely agree with.
I need help to rehome Mark’s cats, I need the focus to remain on this, and I want to nip any potential sly questioning or comments in the bud before it even starts, because I have had an inkling from one direction that this might be on their mind. Regarding this, I make no references to any particular forum, poster, or PM. I am posting this exact same message on 3 sites.

I will now try to set it all out in chronological order, and I apologise in advance for the incredibly long post, but I need to explain context.
(explanation deleted for privacy)

Tues 27th Feb: Thanks for the updates Angie, the pictures of them rehomed are great to see. I have since spoken to the new owner, and the cats are doing really well.

I'd like to thank everyone for being so helpful and supportive.

Nicky

« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 23:03:28 PM by Marks Cats »

Offline Marks Cats

• Kitten
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2007, 00:45:17 AM »
Why didnt you get in touch with Angie cos she said she would take them? and she is coventry way

Hiya - once the GF had agreed to a rescuer on Wednesday, Angie did indeed pick them up, and place them with a fosterer in the area, which I am incredibly grateful for. I am now due to collect them from the fosterer this weekend to bring them near to me.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2007, 00:25:02 AM »
Why didnt you get in touch with Angie cos she said she would take them? and she is coventry way

Offline Marks Cats

• Kitten
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2007, 00:20:41 AM »
Hi again all,

the ground has shifted again very quickly in the past week... I am now due to collect 2 of the cats from Coventry from a cats welfare fosterer this weekend and bring them to Reading area.

I now need either rescue, fostering space, or re-homing for 2 cats in the Berkshire area. All vet and accommodation costs will be paid.

The previous thread is here: http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.ph...31827&st=10 ,

and as an update:

ROUGH ITINERY:

APPROX 2-3 WEEKS AGO: GF semi-abandons all 3 cats almost 2 weeks ago I think, living in the new house, occasionally visiting the old squat (where the cats were) to collect her belongings. The old neighbour kindly feeds them.

APPROX 1-2 WEEK AGO: GF fully abandons all 3 cats. The old neighbour continues to feed them. I liaise with GF and neighbour to have cats rescued. The GF will not hear of rescues.

FRIDAY: Courier turned up to collect all 3 cats, on condition no rescue involved and they come to me, but oddly, only Weasel, the cat the GF does not like, could be found. I suspected foul play and that she had hidden the other 2 cats that she tolerates. I suspected this because the GF has a vested interest in effectively keeping at least 1 of the the cats hostage against our family since she can use this as financial leverage. Because of this, I also felt that I would be less likely to be successful in rescuing all 3 cats if I couriered less than 3, since the GF is more likely to give up on all 3 than just 1 or 2 (the calmer, placid ones that she can just lock in a shed), plus I would like them to stay together wherever possible.

MONDAY: partial relief: 2nd cat Toby turns up at neighbours house. Neighbour continues to feed Weasel and Toby, liaising with me and looking for Tiko.

TUESDAY NIGHT: The GF moved Weasel and Toby against my wishes and without neighbours knowledge to the new house. I already had the ex-neighbour feeding and providing shelter to Toby and Weasel until Tiko returned and all 3 could be collected, but the GF blew that out of the water by taking Toby and Weasel during the night on Tuesday night in what I can only describe as a raid, without mine or the neighbours agreement. I feel this makes it less likely that Tiko will come back if the other 2 are now not around, which makes me sick with worry.
She then complained to me 1/2 hour later on the phone after taking them that she was "burdened" with them, they were "shi**ing in her kitchen and pulling her f***** carpets".

WEDNESDAY: Thankfully an excellent rescuer (Angie) picked them up from the GF's new house.

THURSDAY / TODAY: Sadly, the 3rd cat, Tiko, still has not turned up. I am pulling out all stops to find him via contacts in the area. The GF is not helping at all now to find Tiko and the situation is very complicated. I am travelling up to look for him myself this weekend.

I'm now desperate for a rescue place for the remaining 2 in Berkshire since we have 3 rescue dogs who love small furries for the wrong reasons, live on a main road, and my partner is allergic to cats.

I really don't want to have to keep them cooped up in my garage / shed - they have been through too much already. I have a spare room which the other half can stay away from, but my dogs will go crazy knowing there is cats in the house, and this will stress the cats out no end I should imagine.

Can anyone help?

many thanks

Mark's Cats.

saffron

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2007, 12:45:03 PM »
hope Mark comes back & gives us an update

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 22:32:48 PM »
Sorry we dont close threads here.

This sounds a very sad situation and very worrying concerning the two other cats.

Link to CatChat