Author Topic: Persian tortie pair - desperate  (Read 3739 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Persian tortie pair - desperate
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 20:55:24 PM »
Fingers crossed for these little babes  :Luv:  :Luv:  I think it would have been lovely for the little tabby to go with them as well but it's easier to rehome 2 rather than 3 and as long as he is coping, not getting stressed out and is fine without the others, I'm sure he'll be fine.  I never normally split any up that I get in together but Suzy's wellbeing is being compromised and I think the main priority has to be getting her into a home environment, and it's nice that she's been reserved with the other one.

MBll

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2008, 20:48:20 PM »
I would have thought a home environment when settled down is a lot...TONS different on their behavior etc when in the rescue even with/if theres kids/visiting kids etc  Even with 'visiting' folk they have the option of other rooms in the house away from them till they leave.

I hope now that they are booked  for rehoming everything works out  for them thou i would have liked all 3 going together as they are from the same home.

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 20:17:47 PM »
Me too Des - lets hope this is their forever home.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 20:15:28 PM »
My mistake then CS, I hope the home is the right one for them, I hate oldies struggling in a rescue.
Please spay your cat

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 20:12:12 PM »
The insurance is in respect of Petplan only not other companies.

I am sure the rescue has very good reasons for stipulating the rehoming conditions.  They can only print a brief summary about the cats and they are the ones who can assess their temprements etc. not us I'm afraid.  I'm also sure that Cheryl Anne would have made all the concessions available to her so that a home could be found quickly and so I can only assume that the cats would not be suited in other environments.  The cats welfare is key as I'm sure you'll all agree.

I must admit I'm a bit disappointed that once again a thread I have started about rescue cats needing homes at Chapelhouse has been taken over with the disagreements about their policies and procedures.  :tired:

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 19:50:59 PM »
WE CAN GIVE 'PETPLAN' LIFETIME INSURANCE WITH THESE ANIMALS EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE 10 YEARS OF AGE. As long as you continue with the policy we give to you, (we give each pet 4 weeks' free cover), Petplan will still accept the animals despite their age. This is a special arrangement that rescue has with the insurer; other pets of this age would be unlikely to get cover

I was a little bit confused by that too to be honest as I have been pricing for two 11 year olds I am getting and there is a few places that are still good and at competitive rates!

I had a wee look at these two at to be honest two things struck me - first of all I feel they should have been re-homes with the tabby - they all came from the same home and somehow the tabby is surplus to requirements - thats a real shame! I am sure it was to stop people being put off but what happens to the tabby now?

Also the home they need is very specific. I am in my thirties with no children and a young child that visits maybe once every couple of months so I wouldn't be considered. I mean how can you specify age - over 50????  I appreciate some people go on to have children but some people in their 50's go on to have granchildren that visit every weekend!! I realse young visiotrs can be a problem and my wee man hated kids - he went downstairs everytime my neice visited and no problems - for the handful of times she is here - people can manage it and really every home should be considered in my humble opinion!

Sorry - wee rant and hopefully the home will suit them but surely all homes can be considered - not every 8 year old will terrorise a cat and not every 35 year old will have a baby in the next few years!!
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 19:13:51 PM »
Petplan as a rule don't take older cats - you have to call them but its on a case by case basis.  They wouldn't take on Foofoo.   :(

I think the tortie girls were showing signs of distress whereas Giggles was doing ok.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 19:09:45 PM »
WE CAN GIVE 'PETPLAN' LIFETIME INSURANCE WITH THESE ANIMALS EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE 10 YEARS OF AGE. As long as you continue with the policy we give to you, (we give each pet 4 weeks' free cover), Petplan will still accept the animals despite their age. This is a special arrangement that rescue has with the insurer; other pets of this age would be unlikely to get cover

This is the quote off the site and as far as I know Petplan will take any cat over 10yrs old, as will some other companies at a better rate than Petplan.

I am sad that someone is taking the persians and not their tabby mate, cos I think all three should be homed together, surely tabbys grieve just as much as persians!

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 19:00:18 PM »
I haven't been able to access the site all day - work computer problems  >:(

But - I'm so pleased they will have a home environment to go to soon.  Fingers crossed this will make all the difference.  :)

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 18:58:32 PM »
i have to say I dont fully agree with the comment: there is little a rescue can do for cats who decide life is not worthwhile. IS there no way of finding a home environment until a permanent home can be found, I know from experience this can make all the difference. And her comments on insurance is wrong, there are other insurance companies who will insure 10yo's (and have better deals than PetPlan).

You have misread it Des - she is talking about insuring older pets with Petplan not any insurance company.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 17:47:05 PM »
I've just been looking too, and I feel so sorry for grieving cats - that's what started me adopting oldies.   Fingers crossed for these 2 and the the tabby also.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 17:30:13 PM »
I've just been on the Chapelhouse site and says these two sisters have been reserved (not the tabby though) so fingers crossed that it works out

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 17:19:01 PM »
I thought that but I read into it that they were probably looked after as far as feeding and love go but grooming persians is a whole other world of cat-care. I suppose it would have something to do with that. I'm sure the elderly chap who owned Smokey "loved" him but that didn't stop him from coming to me a complete mess. I didn't realise the extent of care persians need until I had one.
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

MBll

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 16:42:14 PM »
Im confused here?  It states that these 2 come in with  giggles ..so how come 3 from the same house one beening  'extremely well looked after' & the other 2 have been negelected?

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 14:36:01 PM »
I don't like the phrase - 'Suzy, though, is totally non-responsive and we cannot be sure she is eating' - surely you need to KNOW if a cat is eating or not!!

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 11:05:52 AM »
How very sad for them. I'm sure that Cheryl-Anne has their best interests at heart and if a perfect home came along she'd put the cats before the fee. I'd take them in an instant but Smokey would be far too playful for them and we simply don't have the room. As far as I'm concerned their little more than middle aged.

I hope these two find a home together soon  :Luv2:
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 07:46:53 AM »
i have to say I dont fully agree with the comment: there is little a rescue can do for cats who decide life is not worthwhile. IS there no way of finding a home environment until a permanent home can be found, I know from experience this can make all the difference. And her comments on insurance is wrong, there are other insurance companies who will insure 10yo's (and have better deals than PetPlan).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 07:48:26 AM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 00:58:16 AM »
Poor little hunnies  :'(  :'(  :'(  Candice and I were talking about these two earlier and I think she would be better getting them into a foster home asap, older cats don't always thrive well in rescue situations and it sounds as if poor Suzy is going downhill  :'(  :'(  I really hope for their sake, someone will take them on and it would be nice if the little tabby went along too  :Luv:  :Luv:  I know rescues need donations to keep going but maybe in this situation a donation would suffice just to get them into a home environment, I'm not sure whether this would be an option.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 11:01:53 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 00:44:14 AM »
What a very sad story and only £175 to stump up!!! to save two lives, although I would have thought that the tabby should go with the two persians.

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
Persian tortie pair - desperate
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 21:45:16 PM »
I thought I would post this.

Chapelhouse have 2 sisters looking for a home after their owner died.  One of them is extremely depressed and the rescue cannot be sure she is even eating.

Please see attached for full details:

http://www.chapelhouse-persians.co.uk/adopt.htm

Fingers crossed Suzy perks up soon.

xxx

Link to CatChat