Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Hello
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 12:01:46 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Ruth B

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Saturn, Freyja and Teddy
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 07:43:31 AM »
Time is a great healer and builder of trust, let them decide when to come to you rather than trying to thrust yourself on them.  I adopted a new lad last Spring, a two year old Ragdoll cat, who had been with a family from the start of lockdown, and even he took a couple of months to really trust us.

Wand toys can also be a great way to interact with them, you can sit relatively still while still moving the toy around for them to chase, alternatively sitting and just quietly reading in the same room can help them grow accustomed to your presence.

I'm sure they are going to bring you great joy as you watch them improve over this year.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 21:13:24 PM »
Welcome to Purrs, have to say my favourite type of kitten.  We have had a lot of former ferals take down, my oldest boy Harper has taken 16 years but now humans are his favourite thing.

Get a great they like and use bribery it works, red dot laser pen was always a good thing.
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 19:59:50 PM »
Good luck with them, you might find it harder with them being a bonded pair, as they don't need humans the same with having each other. A lot of time, love and patience, and using interactive toys like feathers on sticks will help, as they don't need to get close to you, and you can use them to get them used to being touched. Hand feeding can also help, it's a positive interaction for them.
Please spay your cat

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 15:10:22 PM »
Hi and  :welcome:

I agree that time and patience usually does the trick. My friend has a kitten, now 7 months old, who was born outside to a feral mother. Kitten is very sweet but still cautious around people, especially those she doesn't know.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 12:30:31 PM »
Hello and welcome  :welcome:

They sound lovely. I suspect it will be slow and steady getting them to trust you.

Offline Foxylady

• Kitten
  • Slave to: jelly & Womble
Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 19:01:34 PM »

HELLO All

I have just adopted two 5 month old kittens that lived outdoors for the first 3 months of their lives !! not feral but timid . We have lways had cats but this is the first time having just nervous little ones they are a bonded brother and sister .Hoping to get some tips on how to bring them around and be more trusting .

Link to CatChat