Cat Rescue & Rehoming > Adopt/Give a home to a cat

Foster or Adopt in Manchester

<< < (2/6) > >>

sheilarose:
Oh Bexter, I know what you mean. We had our hearts set on a little guy at London Cat Rescue back in 2007, but when we enquired he'd been adopted out the week before but the website hadn't been updated.

We were invited down anyway and ended up being introduced to Theo who was not on their website yet due to recovering from an RTA.  :(

Theo went straight for my OH and nuzzled into his neck purring like a tractor - well that was it really - decision made! I didn't even get to vote :-[ Two weeks later Theo was out of his enforced cage rest at the rescue and making himself right at home here, and has remained OH's cat ever since.  :-:

I think they know, y'know, when there's someone needing a bit more convincing? By the way, get a copy of Tom Cox's "Under the Paw" and leave it lying around, I bet your OH will feel much better knowing there are perfectly sane Cat Men too.  :rofl:

bexter:
And my OH had finally come round to taking on a cat or two properly if we find the right one :) and he seems quite excited about it!

We do want the right cat though, so will be being picky. For both ours and the cats sake, as we work and it's indoor only.

I've already fallen in love with a few cats, contacted the shelters and found that theyre gone. I see many mini heartbreaks ahead!

Gill (sneakiefeline):
Good luck and am sure that your help will be sought  :hug: :hug:

bexter:
Thanks SheilaRose, I'm actually in the city centre! I've started contacting shelters, so fingers crossed. 

sheilarose:
That's wonderful, Bexter.  ;D

Are you north or south Manchester? You know one of our Purrs registered rescues is Paws Inn at Weaverham, and our Christmas Auction is benefitting them this year.  :Luv:

See if you like anything on here...(scroll down for some fab pics), and our Carol(Wendolene) will be able to tell you anything you need to know about the individuals as she volunteers there.

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,42263.0.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version